Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Primes Endgame Viability

(PSN)robonot2

Question

Radial  invincibility invisiblity for those cosy campers, just set up stealth weps and cheese away.

Bring a steel charge or four (unless you're doing  a 4 corrosive run) and watch your bladestorm rip enemies to shreds.

Shuriken enemies with the augment to remove all of their armor.

He's pretty damn viable I'd say. Not  very easy to use unless  just spamming, he ain't a Loki, but he's close.

Seeing as Bladestorm ignores armour and deals heavy slash damage over time, I'd say yes. Assuming Bladestorm is all you will use.

It ignores armor? That seems a little op. But isn't his teleport and shrunken still good? I heard a shrunken with the Aug ans strength can instantly strip an enemies armor

It ignores armor? That seems a little op. But isn't his teleport and shrunken still good? I heard a shrunken with the Aug ans strength can instantly strip an enemies armor

OP. Bladestorm. I just rubbed my eyes in case i wasn't reading right but they seem to not fool me. Bladestorm is just an ult which deals damage to enemies. Good damage indeed, but it falls off extremely fast. Valkyrs, wukongs and excals ultis are FAR better.

Teleport is decent for picking out and reking one enemy, but yeah pressing 4 is where it's at.

Teleport + Covert Lethality is a guaranteed oneshotkill on most enemies but too slow to be useful.

Shuriken enemies with the augment to remove all of their armor.

He's pretty damn viable I'd say. Not  very easy to use unless  just spamming, he ain't a Loki, but he's close.

Shuriken to remove the armor of 1 or 2 enemies? In most cases they are already dead...if not...well....you should have taken 4 corrosives anyway if you want to go high against grineer/void.

He is a fun frame, but NOT high end viable.

Edited by IceColdHawk

OP. Bladestorm. I just rubbed my eyes in case i wasn't reading right but they seem to not fool me. Bladestorm is just an ult which deals damage to enemies. Good damage indeed, but it falls off extremely fast. Valkyrs, wukongs and excals ultis are FAR better.

Teleport + Covert Lethality is a guaranteed oneshotkill on most enemies but too slow to be useful.

Shuriken to remove the armor of 1 or 2 enemies? In most cases they are already dead...if not...well....you should have taken 4 corrosives anyway if you want to go high against grineer/void.

So what would you say is high end viable

Ive got all of them except equinox and nyx. How do thwy scale?

Equinox Rest (Night form) and Maim (Day form). Maim can stack infinite damage and nuke it around everything. Nyx has chaos, you can mind control enemies regardless of their level so they go and attack each other.

Ash prime, best solo frame. Not so good for team builds. Low to mid, semi decent in high. Plenty of other frames that do a better and more important roles than ash prime for the hardest places though. I rarely see ash in any raid, and when I had an ash in a 3rd sortie mission, they tend to go full stupid and use bladestorm to "save" someone that is down, and by the time they are done bladestorming, the guy or team is dead. Take this into consideration when looking at ash as viable for end game cooperation.

Is the space pope reptilian? 

In all seriousness I use Ash Prime for sorties and I carry people easily through all of them no trouble. 

Only time I change my builds is for sortie spy, and while Loki's still carry more weight if they are in the squad, because they have tricks like switch tele + decoy, I can still be very useful and hold my own. 

Invis is great for getting to downed allies and I can keep up dps in a disorganized team with bs. 

Ash isn't just great for endgame solo, he's also great for pub groups on high level, because he can always be counted on to be able to safely pick up the slack in terms of damage, and pick up allies if needed. 

In a team with x4 corrosive projection though, he is not nearly as clutch. That's why he's the king of random pub sorties. 

Are you actually serious? Ash is probably the most damaging pure damage frame in the game. 

Sure, if the team has x4 cp a lot of damage frames can outdo him. But outside of a team with x4 CP he has the most scalable damage of anyone because he ignores all armor. 

Ash is one of the single most endgame viable frames in the game. Invis on demand, armor ignoring damage, and augments that can make the team invisible, strip enemy armor. 

And yes, his 3 + CL absolutely can be useful on high level. Fairly safe if you are invisible too. It scales infinitely. 

I have never heard anyone before try to argue Ash is not end game viable, this is madness lol. 

Are you seriously saying Bladestorm falls off extremely fast? Then how come I can continue to tear apart piles of enemies on sortie 3 Eximus Stronghold Defense on the last waves with only Intensify + Steel Charge? It ignores armor, it has some of the least damage falloff of any ability for that reason. 

What level enemies are you comparing it to when you say it's damage falls off fast? 
Edited by Tesseract7777

Is the space pope reptilian? 

In all seriousness I use Ash Prime for sorties and I carry people easily through all of them no trouble. 

Only time I change my builds is for sortie spy, and while Loki's still carry more weight if they are in the squad, because they have tricks like switch tele + decoy, I can still be very useful and hold my own. 

Invis is great for getting to downed allies and I can keep up dps in a disorganized team with bs. 

Ash isn't just great for endgame solo, he's also great for pub groups on high level, because he can always be counted on to be able to safely pick up the slack in terms of damage, and pick up allies if needed. 

In a team with x4 corrosive projection though, he is not nearly as clutch. That's why he's the king of random pub sorties. 

Are you actually serious? Ash is probably the most damaging pure damage frame in the game. 

Sure, if the team has x4 cp a lot of damage frames can outdo him. But outside of a team with x4 CP he has the most scalable damage of anyone because he ignores all armor. 

Ash is one of the single most endgame viable frames in the game. Invis on demand, armor ignoring damage, and augments that can make the team invisible, strip enemy armor. 

And yes, his 3 + CL absolutely can be useful on high level. Fairly safe if you are invisible too. It scales infinitely. 

I have never heard anyone before try to argue Ash is not end game viable, this is madness lol. 

Are you seriously saying Bladestorm falls off extremely fast? Then how come I can continue to tear apart piles of enemies on sortie 3 Eximus Stronghold Defense on the last waves with only Intensify + Steel Charge? It ignores armor, it has some of the least damage falloff of any ability for that reason. 

What level enemies are you comparing it to when you say it's damage falls off fast? 

Dude....dude.....why......

Ash is one of the single most endgame viable frames? What is this? He does cute damage. really cute damage. Mirage is DAMAGE. Mirage with prism combined with melee is DAMAGE. Excal is DAMAGE, Valkyr is DAMAGE and Godmode. Wukong is even more DAMAGE. Mag against corpus is DAMAGE. Even Banshee is some DAMAGE.

Or wanna see what real damage is?

DeTKdmG.jpg

Ash is nowhere as good as other damage dealers and being invisible /= invincible. Better CC those enemies before you go revive someone. What i also don't understand is that you pick loki for spy sortie? Why don't you stay with ash? Seriously, spy can be done with any frame it's not hard.

And about that covert lethality thing, there are still enemies that can't be finished.

Sorry to say this but if ash's ult starts to deal more damage than excals ult because of armor, you are doing something wrong, ash shouldn't be considered for endgame. Also, the enemies will probably have so much health that your bladestorm tickles them only.

And yes, i'm being serious.

Wow... Just wow. Amazing that anyone can seriously believe what you just wrote.

I'm just stating facts man. Nothing more. I don't know how you can't accept that ash is just not a good sport for endgame. He is atm only known for Press-4-to-win and it stops doing good damage some time. Smoke screen is also just a weaker version of loki's invisibility. It's sad but true. The funny thing is, ash is (was) my most used warframe. He is indeed a cool frame with his ninja style, that's why i instantly farmed him as my 1st new warframe.

As someone who brought Ash to 1 hour T4S just spamming Bladestorm (taking advantage of melee combo and steel charge), I'd say he's viable. Just quite boring. Going for invi build is boring as well since enemies totally cannot fight back.

In short, he is viable. Just boring.

Actually Ash can hit up to a total of 21k bleed tick dmg + the initial 12k raw damage.

Also Excal with radial finish augment on boosts support to Ash's bladestorm damage to deal 80-100k per 18-21 targets.

Most enemies don't even have 30k hp.

Edited by --Sensei--

Actually Ash can hit up to a total of 21k bleed tick dmg + the initial 12k raw damage.

Also Excal with radial finish augment on boosts support to Ash's bladestorm damage to deal 80-100k per 18-21 targets.

Does that actually work? (radial finish + bladestorm?) 

That is nuts, never though of that one. 

Sure. No doubt. Ash deals high damage but low DPS compared to other frames if you ask me. Also it doesn't scale outside of ignoring armour. That's what i've meant all the time. When one wants to go high in survival or defense, he definitely doesn't want to see an ash in his team. But for sure i don't really care what people bring in random missions as long as they're doing good. May it be ash or may it be valkyr.

As someone who brought Ash to 1 hour T4S just spamming Bladestorm (taking advantage of melee combo and steel charge), I'd say he's viable. Just quite boring. Going for invi build is boring as well since enemies totally cannot fight back.

In short, he is viable. Just boring.

Just as "boring" as shooting enemies CC'd to hell and back (disarm, MPrime) who also can't really fight back.

I did the same and I didn't find it boring. Quite the opposite actually. Keeping up the combo, reviving and staying out of crossfire kept me on my toes.

Yep, ^this.

Ash really synergizes well with Excal, and Banshee. Excal with Radiant Finish, and Banshee with Savage Silence plus Sonar can boost Ash's damage to ridiculously high numbers.

Also, All 4 of his abilities are useful. There are very few frames in the game that doesn't have at least 1 useless ability. Even some of the most end game viable frames like Nova, Trinity, and Vauban have at least 1 useless ability.

Just take excal and ash in simulacrum vs 105 lvl bombard and see who gonna kill it first. Answer is-excal, literally 1-2 sec, same goes for ivara, who will shred him to pieces in few sec, both excal and ivara can be useful to the team-rb and cloak arrow, and can CC dudes-rb and sleep arrow.

Sure. No doubt. Ash deals high damage but low DPS compared to other frames if you ask me. Also it doesn't scale outside of ignoring armour. That's what i've meant all the time. When one wants to go high in survival or defense, he definitely doesn't want to see an ash in his team. But for sure i don't really care what people bring in random missions as long as they're doing good. May it be ash or may it be valkyr.

True, most people don't want a Ash in their team when doing long survivals, just because he's not a support frame, but that doesn't mean he can't do long survivals. I have a buddy that does 3-4 hour T4 survivals with Ash regularly.