Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Way To Run Warframe In Dx8?

Clust

As the title says, is there any way to run Warframe in Directx 8? I recently started playing, but I'm on a really bad PC. In the past, switching from dx9 to dx8 with a game has improved my FPS drastically. Does anybody know if there's a way to run in dx8? Thank you in advanced!

How many people are still running DX 9?

I've been using 11 for months, I didn't realise newer games were still supported by 9, let alone 8

"you must be a devil with the ladies."

to op: no, i don't think it is possible to force dx8.

Alright, thank you. If anybody comes up with a solution, I'd be highly appreciative. Thank you for the replies, though. And yes, strangely, people do still use Dx9. I actually recently lost my gaming PC in a uhh ... well, situation. So I've been using a S#&$ty laptop for a while, just making due. lol

Alright, thank you. If anybody comes up with a solution, I'd be highly appreciative. Thank you for the replies, though. And yes, strangely, people do still use Dx9. I actually recently lost my gaming PC in a uhh ... well, situation. So I've been using a S#&$ty laptop for a while, just making due. lol

Fair enough, wasn't meant as a slur, I was just genuinely surprised, I figured developers hopped on the new system at the first opportunity.

Thank you Athros, and no, you're fine MrGrae, I appreciate any sort of input to begin with. It's fine. lol. Didn't take it as an insult. =), and yeah, I do believe Developers hop on the new system at first opportunity. Smooth, high-graphic game-play is what's best. Sadly, losing my PC, I can't really do much of that anymore. Lmao. Well, thanks Guys! Helps a ton, I suppose I'll just take a break until I rebuild another PC.

devs rarely make games for the strongest available platform, it's actually the other way around. so since ~2004 till now most games are coded mainly to work with dx9, to accomodate weakest available platforms, and those of course are the consoles. situation may change when new consoles hit the market, although as a person with a crap lapdance laptop i'm not really looking forward to that.

it's good warframe is playable with even intel hd graphics 1000, which i unfortunately play on. :D

devs rarely make games for the strongest available platform, it's actually the other way around. so since ~2004 till now most games are coded mainly to work with dx9, to accomodate weakest available platforms, and those of course are the consoles. situation may change when new consoles hit the market, although as a person with a crap lapdance laptop i'm not really looking forward to that.

it's good warframe is playable with even intel hd graphics 1000, which i unfortunately play on. :D

Makes sense, should have twigged it myself really :P but I can sympathise, I only recently saved enough cash to build my current PC.