The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] Stalker Damage Increase Over Time?

chainchompguy3

Question

Recently, I solo ran a grineer exterminate mission, and Shadow Stalker shows up.

Details:

?Saturn? Nightmare exterminate- energy drain and low gravity

Rhino, no primary, Lex(added toxin dmg), and Dual Cleavers(added Corrosive and Cold dmgs). Rejuv Aura.

I thought it was rather convenient, that stalks had showed up, as I had just read the forum post that explained sentient dmg resistance, and had modded my melee and secondary to try and be anti-sentient/anti-shadow stalker.

I figured that puncture(lex) toxin(lex) slash(Dual Cleavers) corrosive(DC) and cold(DC) were enough dmg types to deal with sentient adaption.

and for a while, it seemed to be working.

I guess the enemy level was low, because stalks spawned in relatively weak. I took out half his health with little trouble.

but that's where things started to turn for the worse.

while I was attacking him, I took a few hits from his war. They failed to break my shield, and I simply bullet jumped away to start regening them back.

His second flurry, however, broke thru and nicked my health.

I thought nothing of it.

After the third flurry, I was lowered to approx. 75% health. Had rejuv aura, so I let it heal to approx. 90% before re-engaging.

then he cut through 60% of my health, leaving me with 40%. I was panicking a bit, and so I didn't wait for it to regen back, only waited to about 50%.

And then he killed me in one swing.

I sighed, clicked revive, finished mission.

Note that in-between each flurry I took from him, I let my shields fully recharge.

And so, my question is:

Does the Shadow Stalker's Damage scale over the course of the battle? Does it perhaps adapt to shields/health? Or am I just THAT bad at videogames, and imagined the whole thing?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question