The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Prime Slow Builds Anyone?

(XBOX)GetDELETED1681

Question

My last topic is long gone and she just finished and I completely blanked on some stuff.

I have constitution, continuity, flow, streamline, quick thinking, history and intensify atm. Feel like I'm missing something.

I want to be able to slow the map, large room/area but still have decent survivabilty, I'm working on getting primed constitution but I'm not quite there yet.

17 answers to this question

cunning drift and stretch for range. transient fortitude and intensify for extra slow, check abilities tab to see how slow it gets.

obviously cannot use maxed overextended here as that decreases strength and causes speed after a point.  One or two ranked may work, depends on what you are comfortable with.

There's also a drift mod that increases power strength a bit now, so that helps too.

Edited by Xekrin

Things I suggest to add to finish it off: your choice of aura + Redirection for stray bullets you can't dodge + handspring in exilus slot- since a sitting duck means a dead glass cannon. Noone can dodge every knockdown 100% of the time.

Also- in your list for the mods you have, there is one that says "History".... what is that supposed to mean, exactly?

cunning drift and stretch for range. transient fortitude and intensify for extra slow, check abilities tab to see how slow it gets.

obviously cannot use maxed overextended here as that decreases strength and causes speed after a point.  One or two ranked may work, depends on what you are comfortable with.

There's also a drift mod that increases power strength a bit now, so that helps too.

You... do realize that the range of molecular prime is affected by duration- and not range... right? Also her antimatter drop's explosion radius is not affected by range either. Unless you're using her 2's augment, range is almost worthless on nova...

Currently equipped:

Energy siphon (haven't done story just came back

Intensify

Continuity

Redirection

Flow

Quick thinking

Vitality

Streamline

(She's still 22 Atm tho)

In bank:

Constitution

Narrow Minded

Stretch

I'm talking topic wise, what to use when I do hit 30. Pre forma. I plan to forma twice at some point at the

Least if it helps.

From your original post, I assume you are just modding around Molecular Prime.

For slow build, keep in mind that the default 100% strength = 30% slow, which slow is capped at 75% at most.

So you just need a transient fortitude at most, or by using the intensify + power drift combo if you got a hand with the drift mods.

And for the MP to cover the whole map, you need as much duration as you can, instead of range.

Range will just increase the explosion range of the enemies primed by the ult, which is non-essential.

The rest is just your preference, as you wish for survivability, slap some efficiency / utility / health mods as you desire.

Just for reference, I'll put my slow build for you to look at, hope this helps.

RCiLluG.jpg 

Edited by GetClem

I have three builds, slow, no speed, and speed.

Slow is basically capped at 75%, so an R5 Blind Rage and an Intensify, with a full Streamline will get you the slow cap without changing efficiency, the rest of the mods are composed of Duration (no Narrowminded, Primed Continuity+Constitution is plenty) and other QoL stuff.

No Speed is Overextended+Intensify to get back to the 70% (normal speed), good for the double damage buff and trash clearing. Mostly for mid level defense. Again, pump as many duration mods as I can (again, no Narrowminded), the rest is low/mid level survivability mods.

Speed mod is basically the same as above but no Intensify.

not true at all... you can use it for a slowva build but you have to have power mods that will bring the power strength above 100% to achieve slow down. That can be achieved with intensify/transient fortitude and continuity to counter the duration loss.

6 Core mods:

1. Streamline - for some efficiency (will be 105%, don't use fleeting expertise unless you're running in small maps - duration is #1 requirement for nova)

2. Blind Rage rank 4 (for +45% power str) - gives you maximum slow (-75% slow) in 1 mod slot. If you want speed nova, replace this with overextended - Nova is incredibly easy to swap between speed and slow versions

3,4,5. Narrow Minded, Constitution, (Primed) Continuity (duration, duration and even more duration)

6. (Primed) Flow. Since your efficiency isn't all that epic, you need some extra energy to cast. Also you may combine this mod with Quick Thinking - your energy pool becomes your life.

7 and 8 your choice. I use Stretch (to be able to use wormholes) and Quick Thinking/Vitality. If I run missions where I'm sure I don't need wormholes, I use both Quick Thinking and Vitality. For aura I always take Corrosive Projection, exilus you may use some movement mod or drift. I personally like Toxic Flight, but gonna try replacing that with Ice Spring or Lightning Dash - for even more crowd control (CC) If you're on speed nova, you don't need Stretch (Overextended gives the range) - I personally take Rage (to synergise with Quick Thinking, since enemies can move faster now and accidentally sometimes hit you if your damage dealer does not manage to kill all the enemies)

Edited by maumastoks

To simplify... Max slow down is achieved at 145 strength any additional strength only goes to the damage dealt by the explosions. Max speed is achieved at 40 strength.  Range has little affect as it only goes to the blast radius of the explosions and the initial cast radius.  Duration is the key to covering a large area, the more the merrier.

I saw several really weird advises here, not to mention anyone in particular.

This is imo more or less perfect slow nova build;

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/543047245832300608/AE91F77EE99872C42E1D529673CBE6088FFEC780/

You need 145% PWR strength to achieve maximum slow effect. As much duration as you can. No need to push on EFF. QT +flow is recommended, all rest is optional.  

Primed Continuity

Narrow Minded

Constitution

Intensify

Streamline

Stretch -- Vitality

Primed Flow -- Fleeting Expertise

Quick Thinking -- Vitality

Exilus : Power Drift

This is the setup I use. Maxed duration with 145% power strength. The last 3 mods can be interchanged to provide max efficiency at the cost of duration. All mods are maxed aside from Fleeting for obvious reasons