The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are Vault Runs?

Caseph

Question

12 answers to this question

They're missions taking place in the Orokin Derelict, where you can earn Corrupted mods. In almost every Derelict Mission there is a vault that can be opened with one of the four Dragon Keys. Typically in a Vault Run all four players will bring one type of each key, because the doors can only be opened with a random key, so you never know beforehand, but if all team members bring one , than opening the vault is a 100% chance, thus you'll get a guaranteed corrupted mod at the end.

Take a look here:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Vault#Orokin_Vaults

Edited by FaLKReN

They're missions taking place in the Orokin Derelict, where you can earn Corrupted mods. In almost every Derelict Mission there is a vault that can be opened with one of the four Dragon Keys. Typically in a Vault Run all four players will bring one type of each key, because the doors can only be opened with a random key, so you never know beforehand, but if all team members bring one , than opening the vault is a 100% chance, thus you'll get a guaranteed corrupted mod at the end.

Take a look here:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Vault#Orokin_Vaults

Wow, Thanks!

I usually solo vault runs, with a bleeding dragon key and invis Loki on ODS missions.

That way you can rush past the infested, look for loot caches in peace and quiet, and possible score a corrupted mod.

Of course there's gonna be some runs where you don't have the right key, but the time saved by not having a slowed player seems to make up for the extra runs.

I usually solo vault runs, with a bleeding dragon key and invis Loki on ODS missions.

That way you can rush past the infested, look for loot caches in peace and quiet, and possible score a corrupted mod.

Of course there's gonna be some runs where you don't have the right key, but the time saved by not having a slowed player seems to make up for the extra runs.

Hm.. I might try that with Loki Prime.... Or get a full squad with Loki and Ash. Of course there will be 1 slow player though. Edited by Tittay

I always go for the bleeding key, you need your shields, you need your speed, and your need to have your damage output. Health on the other hand, is not that critical, if you stay away from toxin damage.

Is it more efficient to do vault runs on Survival or Exterminate?

I'd say exterminate because you aren't bound by any enforced time limits.

Volt prime will be better

Uhm ... like with all Prime Frames, Volt Prime's abilities are the exact same as regular Volt's.

(Well, Shock gets a neat lil' death from above lightning strike, but that's only visual.)

Also, Speed ... eh, Parkour 2.0 makes even the poor Hobbled dood decently mobile.