The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Prime Mod To Max?

ThorienKELL

Question

Ok, after countless hours of trading and farming now I can afford my second legendary core. 

Problem is, I'm not sure what should I invest it in?

First one went into P continuity, no doubts there.

When I was more noobish I thought I needed primed flow, now I'm not so sure. Vast majority of my frames go with high EFF, at least 170%, sometimes they use no flow, sometimes R3 primed flow (+100%) and just sometimes normal flow (+150%) / +275% of primed version seem like total overkill which I would need in not so many frames but even less could use it because of high requirements, I assume 2-3 primes and formaed frames could fit in P flow (and even P continuity - both). 

What else is on menue? Primed point blank? Perhaps, I was thinking about getting sancti tigris but I don't want to invest in expensive event slash mods (I assume they are expensive because of this combo ...or?) but after synulr, tonkor and ignis (all 5 forma +) all shotguns look somewhat pale ...

Plat is not a problem, I have all else I want btw.

Any thoughts on subject?

EDIT - ADDED

Unfortunately I don't have primed reach, they are very rare in trade chat and fetch insane prices (like cont /flow few weeks back)

Pistol mods ...well I'm not sure if my 5 forma vaykor maerlock with classical setup of 4 full damage elements would be any better in crit setup, moreso enough better to invest 2 primed mods in?

Edited by ThorienKELL

18 answers to this question

IMO

Primed Flow not important unless you carry the bombs in LoR as loki. (You won't run out of energy even with normal flow unless you are same-skill-spammer)

Primed Continuity, if you use frames that require less energy drain (e.g.ember) or as much duration as possible (e.g. loki), then this. 

Primed Point Blank if you like shotguns as many mentioned, then this. 

Primed Reach if you use a lot melee weapons. 

Primed Heated Charge it's up to you. 

Primed Pistol Gambit/Target Cracker, personally i don't use them at all, so don't know. 

Primed Continuity was the first 1 I maxed as well. 55% duration without drawbacks is just too good specially with the change to toggled abilities.

I'd say max Primed Flow next for specialized builds with Quick Thinking and for LOR runs when using a bomb carrier frame

After that Primed Reach and Primed Point Blank would be my top picks. Primed Reach is just awesome on some weapons like Orthos. Vaykor Hek and Sancti Tigris makes Primed Point Blank worth it IMO. Those 2 Shotguns are in the top 5 if I were to rank primary weapons.

If Melee and Shotties arent your thing there is always Primed Pistol Gambit/Primed Target Cracker combo. Personally I only use secondaries for utility so getting high damage from them isn't high on my priority list. Still, after you've maxed out the other 4 primed mods I listed above there's no harm in maxing out these two next

Honestly, P Continuity and P Flow. Having more energy is always a good thing, ecspecially for LoR.

p. reach with the Orthos is just indescribable. It's like feeling the heartbeat of creation being one with your own. Taking out a nullified bubble from a hundred yards away (a bit of an exaggeration, but still) is just amazing.

I have maxed prime flow but I am also the Loki bomb carrier in LoR raids. Overall effeciancy is far better then a large energy pool and I think you can make better use of that core on something like primed point blank or primed heated charge. Primed reach is also a fun option.

Ya know, primed mods aint the only ones that can reach up to lvl 10. You might wanna consider some corrupted mods? (They consume less cores then prime mods but are still a hell of a grind)

If you need neather then don't waste a legendary core.

I personally use primed reach and flow on a regular base but thers rly no point in maxing them if you don't use them.