The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

?so I Got A Greater Lens But...?

KarmaShadow

Question

Hi fellow Tenno! :)

Just wondering if any of you had some advice about this:

So I chose the zenurik school and I made the greater zenurik lens.

However what do I put it on?

My warframe or my main weapon? 

I main rhino prime and ash prime and I know ash is a logical decision. (Please dont suggest loki/ivara stealth style because I don't want to do stealth runs-its not my playlist even if its better for focus gain)

However I kill FAR MORE with my 5 forma tonkor than my ASH p could ever bladestorm as my tonkor can one hit massively high health and high amounts of enemies easily (it also has firestorm). Apparently HUSH is a good mod for focus farming too as it helps with stealth so would you recommend that?

So I was all set on applying the greater zenuirk on my tonkor when I saw this from the wiki
(and also noticed most people on forums were putting lenses on frams over weapons 90% of the time)

"Focus points are converted after Affinity distribution mechanics are performed, i.e. a kill using Warframe powers earns 100% Affinity from said kill (lens on warframe), thus receiving the full 5% Focus conversion, however weapon kills split Affinity in half between weapon and warframe, resulting in both weapon and warframe receiving only 2.5% Focus each per kill (total of 5% remains the same). "

So does this mean I only get half the focus with my tonkor?

(but itd still be worth it right since my tonkor kills far more than twice the enemies than when I bladestorm surely!!??) 

Also, why does it say the 5% focus per kill remains the same? So its the same?

As you can tell Im pretty confused and am only MR11.

Could you suggest where I should install my greater zenuirk lens-the tonkor (with hush mod??) or ash prime in terms of gaining focus and why?? (as I said bear in mind I kill FAR MORE with tonkor)

Many thanks

Happy Holidays 

Edited by KarmaShadow

6 answers to this question

5% is implying that only 5% of total exp earned when killing an enemy is earned, and when put on a weapon only half of that exp is earned on that weapon as the other half is earned on the warframe... essentially speaking if you kill an enemy and it gives you 100 total exp, only 5 exp is given as focus exp... and when the lens is put on a weapon, only 2.5 exp is earned for the weapon...

correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I got from skimming through that passage

if you put a lens on a warframe an a weapon the warframe will get more focus as the affinity conversion into focus is higher in warframes.

killing with the warframes power grants more but since could say cause it main focus of each fight.

if you put lens on loki an a melee with beserker build an do stealth kills you get more focus an are able to farm long as you dont alert the enemy

if you put lense on ivara an give her redeemer build for charge attacks an prowl an sleep arrow, putting a enemy to sleep after alerted wont give stealth kill

Here's the thing: The focus gain from your weapon kills are split between the weapon and the warframe evenly.

What this means is that no matter how many kills you get with your Tonkor, the Focus gain from those kills will be the same for both the warframe and the Tonkor. But the warframe gains that Focus regardless of which weapon gets the kill. Switch to your secondary? Warframe is still gaining focus. Use Melee? Warframe is still gaining focus. Use a warframe power? Warframe gains focus.

So the warframe will always gain ~at a minimum~ what you would have gotten from the Tonkor. It just has the advantage of being able to get focus from other sources.

The only reason to not put it on the Warframe is if you switch which frame you use very often, but almost always have the Tonkor equipped.

Edited by Trase-Kor

Right now, you want it on a frame that kills with powers.

This may change, but stick it on a frame now.

Mag vs Corpus

Ember

Ash built for BStorm spam

Excal

Added bonus is on a frame you still get half XP from ANY weapon kill, so you are not stuck using one weapon.

Fastest way is probably stealth kills though, sorry!

Here's the thing: The focus gain from your weapon kills are split between the weapon and the warframe evenly.

What this means is that no matter how many kills you get with your Tonkor, the Focus gain from those kills will be the same for both the warframe and the Tonkor. But the warframe gains that Focus regardless of which weapon gets the kill. Switch to your secondary? Warframe is still gaining focus. Use Melee? Warframe is still gaining focus. Use a warframe power? Warframe gains focus.

So the warframe will always gain ~at a minimum~ what you would have gotten from the Tonkor. It just has the advantage of being able to get focus from other sources.

The only reason to not put it on the Warframe is if you switch which frame you use very often, but almost always have the Tonkor equipped.

Very detailed and helpful response thank you! 

Right now, you want it on a frame that kills with powers.

This may change, but stick it on a frame now.

Mag vs Corpus

Ember

Ash built for BStorm spam

Excal

Added bonus is on a frame you still get half XP from ANY weapon kill, so you are not stuck using one weapon.

Fastest way is probably stealth kills though, sorry!

Ah ok thanks!!