The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler]So I Have A Problem And Wondering If There Is Any Player That Know How To Fix It

BabyKurama

Question

So every time I start Warframe it opens in full-screen wish I don't want to thx to caps lock on display icon messing it up.

the second thing is that it seems to empty my gear slot every time I have logged in for the first time after turning on the computer.

So anyone know how to fix it, it's starting to get annoying, sometimes I remember to change the full-screen mode before starting launcher, but when I don't :/ not to mention I don't know how many times now i have forgotten my gear is empty and entered a mission and then needed something from gear only to see it empty

Oh ye my settings of having the operators voice off gets turned on also

Edited by BabyKurama

17 answers to this question

From personal experience I noticed video settings and equipped gear are pc-specific. It is also stored locally instead of on a server. I noticed this because my desktop has the settings I normally use, but my laptop shows no gear and (obviously) has to use different video settings. After setting my gear on the laptop it saves like normal and remembers it like it was last time on that laptop.

My guess is that either your file is corrupt and doesn't save properly, you for some reason don't have the right to edit the file because of windows reasons (try running as admin if it's the non-steam version and then apply changes and see if that works) or your pc removes the files after playing the game / shutting down.

To be honest these suggestions don't make a lot of sense since the game is practically the only thing that interacts with the save files so I'd suggest going to support.warframe.com and open a ticket. Tell them your fullscreen settings and gear don't save properly and they will probably ask you to check some things or reset something which could fix it.

As for fixing it yourself... I have no idea how. I don't know where this/these save files are located on your pc and I wouldn't try to mess with them too much anyway. Either way I wish you good luck. To me it seems most likely that it makes a temporary save which gets removed upon shutdown... this shouldn't happen though.

Its status as read only can be determined by Explorer (which is part of Windows).  Open the location Naftal suggested in Explorer, %LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe.  Then right-click on the file EE.cfg, select Properties from the context menu.  There are checkboxes at the bottom of the General tab of the file properties for attributes like Read-Only and Hidden.  At least Read-Only needs to be unchecked, or the game can't update the file.

That's the security tab.  You want to see the checkboxes on the General tab.  The general tab is the leftmost one; the checkboxes are at the bottom.  In Windows 7/8 they read like "Attributes: [ ] Read-Only     [ ] Hidden"

(I don't know how to do pictures, sorry!)

ZUdfCgZ.png

Seems like they aren't crossed in

Try running WF as admin, change your settings and save them, then restart computer and see if the settings have saved.

So far everything except for fullscreen mode has been fixed. To be sure its gone I'll have to wait in till tomorrow at lest (If nothing happens un till then, it should be fine)

I've been having issues with this lately (I'm on my backup computer, so not sure when it would have started). Which specific file is responsible for saving gear-wheel items?

I've checked the %localappdata%/warframe EE.cfg, and the settings file in the [name-with-lots-of-characters] folder for permissions, and they seem to be fine.

I've been having issues with this lately (I'm on my backup computer, so not sure when it would have started). Which specific file is responsible for saving gear-wheel items?

I've checked the %localappdata%/warframe EE.cfg, and the settings file in the [name-with-lots-of-characters] folder for permissions, and they seem to be fine.

If you mean, it's not saving where you put things in the gear wheel... I'm not sure.  If that's the problem you're having I'd contact support.  I don't think that's stored locally.  Things that are stored locally usually have to do with how the computer interacts with the game, like controls and graphics settings, as these don't matter to the server and could vary by computer/user I suppose.

If you meant the shortcut key you set to use it doesn't save, that's different.  Those are in that file.  For example in my EE.cfg file (it's just a text file - Notepad can open it) I have a hotkey defined for GEAR_HOTKEY_0, which is the top center slot of the wheel.
Edited by nobu_the_bard

If you mean, it's not saving where you put things in the gear wheel... I'm not sure.  If that's the problem you're having I'd contact support.  I don't think that's stored locally.  Things that are stored locally usually have to do with how the computer interacts with the game, like controls and graphics settings, as these don't matter to the server and could vary by computer/user I suppose.

It's definitely stored locally, along with favourite colours, and a number of settings which I have to change every time I log in.

Yeah, you're right.  I did some research.  Not sure what to do about it myself - sounds like a common issue on Windows 8/8.1/10 that goes back a few months.

You could try the above trick of explicitly running as Administrator.  Even if you are an administrator, it's not quite the same thing as running As Administrator.  I wouldn't expect this to be necessary though...