The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor + Ivara

Evael

Question

So, the opticor codext entry states it as an alarming weapon, yet when you go into a mission, it acts a silent one while still disrupting ivara's Prowl? Can someone tell me if anyone is planning on fixing this? either making it actually an alarming weapon or fixing it so it doesnt disrupt ivara's abilities. Thank you.

6 answers to this question

Copied from wikia : 

Firing a non-silent weapon (i.e. weapons with Alarming noise level) will temporarily break the cloak. Ivara will re-cloak shortly after firing the weapon.

• Changing a weapon's Noise level from Alarming to Silent with hush or supress will prevent the weapon from breaking cloak when fired.
  • Despite the cloak being disabled, Prowl itself is not, and will continue draining energy and remains capable of pickpocketing enemies.
  • The re-cloak delay is affected by the weapon's Fire Rate. 

It is the mechansim of Ivara. Just because opticor fires like a silent one, doesnt mean it really is silent. There is no such need for a fix.

Slap on a hush mod if you really want full stealth.

But if you are talking about prowl not re-cloaking as soon as you fire, that may be a bug needed to be fixed.

Yes i am aware of Ivara's Prowl restrictions but thats exactly my point. If you've ever used an opticor, you'll know that it's shots count as silent even though the codex does state it is an alarming weapon. i am Not denying the fact that it is a laser cannon and it obviously Should make a lot of noise, but it doesn't. what i'm asking for is that someone either removes its silent properties completely or that they fix the text and weapon synergies with abilities.

No matter how silent an alarming weapon fires, it is still alarming. Think of it as player-end silent situation only, but not on enemies.

But I truly understand your standpoint, and I wont blame you thinking in this way, as this is DE's idea to make those weapons in that way.

I'd just deal with it anyways.