Nekros Helmet For Tennogen wip "Jackal".

Nice helms I liked the second one over the first, anyways both of them still amazing (I'd like to see some mythology-based cosmetics, and nekros is a great candidate for this)

I'm gonna have to say the OP's mask should be called Osiris as it looks nothing like Anubis and Osiris is the God of the Dead. Technically Anubis is the Guardian of the Dead, Really doesn't mesh well with Nekros who goes around Defiling the dead.

If you want an even better name use Set as he is a giant snake that waits in the underworld to eat the sun, vary Nekros.

Afaik, Anubis is "the judge of the dead" who weights people's heart to decide if they can rest in the world of the dead (ruled by Osiris) or not. While Apophis is the snake, chaos embodied and the enemy of Ra (the sun) and Seth is the deity of brute force, storms, war and violence.

looking forward to the updates to the 2nd greatly.

I'll really make an effort of using Nekros own forms to mold the helmet further. Just have to get a hold of the nekros model now for real.

Nice helms I liked the second one over the first, anyways both of them still amazing (I'd like to see some mythology-based cosmetics, and nekros is a great candidate for this)

Afaik, Anubis is "the judge of the dead" who weights people's heart to decide if they can rest in the world of the dead (ruled by Osiris) or not. While Apophis is the snake, chaos embodied and the enemy of Ra (the sun) and Seth is the deity of brute force, storms, war and violence.

He is also the Protector of the dead, who guides the souls of the dead through the underworld into the afterlife. Osiris Basically took the mantle of judge of the dead from Anubis. The Apothis Seth thing was an honest mistake, as I had been misinformed but I am pretty sure of how Anubis works, Though either way Anubis would work better as a head for a Tank or Support frame long before Nekros.

Honestly I think it looks better than the Anubis helmet but it is a bit "Busy". It could do with some simplification.

Yes it is busy, and I need to make some overall descisions here, editing. I like both at this point. So I might actually do two concepts in the end.

Anubis has priority though, it is the biggest challenge. Zephyr and Chroma both proove this can work if it has balance.

On Anubis I would bring the ears in a bit and make theme shorter, I know you said you liked the Bat look but there is no point in calling it Anubis if it doesn't even strike the silhouette in at least one direction. 

Edited by Turtlemancer

i would definitely focus on Anubis. i could see myself actually buying the finished version of that one when these make it around to console.

I am doing just that. Right now I am making sure I include everything to blend with the neck, and extras.

The real descisions right now lie in how much of the egyptian influense to bring into the headgear, as well as loose danglies that I really want to add.

And eyes. Nekros default have eyes of sorts. So I am testing that out now to capture the same hard-tech and siluette of the coyote, like there is a human skill in the default.

Looks great.

My one problem with it is the hope for an Egypt 'frame (or even Anubis 'frame) is real.

If this Nekros helmet becomes a thing, you just know everyone will say "but we have that Nekros Anubis helmet already".

There are already arguments against X 'frame because Z frame has a cosmetic that is Y theme related.

On Anubis I would bring the ears in a bit and make theme shorter, I know you said you liked the Bat look but there is no point in calling it Anubis if it doesn't even strike the silhouette in at least one direction.

Yes I agree. The dimensions need scaling and modifying a bit as well as break into parts and layers.

I think I have a good solution for those ears as well.

Looks great.

My one problem with it is the hope for an Egypt 'frame (or even Anubis 'frame) is real.

If this Nekros helmet becomes a thing, you just know everyone will say "but we have that Nekros Anubis helmet already".

There are already arguments against X 'frame because Z frame has a cosmetic that is Y theme related.

Hmm. Well, we have some great themes for a frame.

Scarabs. Mummies. Sphinx. Eagle. Snake. Sungod/moongod. Crocodile god. Pharao.

I say there are plenty of reasons to make a warframe around that theme.

Hmm. Well, we have some great themes for a frame.

Scarabs. Mummies. Sphinx. Eagle. Snake. Sungod/moongod. Crocodile god. Pharao.

I say there are plenty of reasons to make a warframe around that theme.

And Anubis, if posted up against the others, would win out. This helmet takes that off the table, in a way. That's my point.

Great work, though.

I downloaded the TennoGen model and exported that into Sculptris. Then I swapped the helmet and removed some geometry.

This is the result, no further work to my helm done.

nekros_tg_body_by_gaber111-d9mbkdm.jpg

first let me thank you for appeasing my sense of anubis head style , seriously both heads are great, but this .. is epic o.e

you nailed it. and i would machingun plat at you for this , just saying.

following this now xD

i even teared up a little ....TT ^TT

Here is a render of the "Reaver" helmet. What do you guys think of it?

nekros_reaver_by_gaber111-d9md3sv.jpg

in regards to reaver , it looks  brutal, and i think it wants my soul D: 

but in regards to both helmets and designs hats off to you tenno :D

my only hope is anubis becomes real TT^ TT  and one day comes to xbox 

I am having a crisis here. I have tried to make the initial sculpt work from the side. It looks strange and I just can't seem to find a balance.

I redesigned it slightly and still find it to look, well not quite right.

Now I am doing a third. I will post them and hopefully move forward.

I tried to sort out my first sketch but it was to messy.

I made a second version very close to the first, but still had my doubts that it had enough of warframe in it. The last thing I wantnis for it to be denied because it looks to much like something else.

So I made a third, well fourth really, and this time I wanted to create a helmet that can be read like a wolf or coyote, and still have enough other parts to make it more than just based around Anubis.

So this is what happened after a while.

nekros_bastet_v4_by_gaber111-d9n8rgs.jpg

There are four points that from the front looks like two ears. From the side the nose is in fact rather short, but it looks much better than a long slim one.

The eyes I added last. I was sceptical, but then Nekros do have them and Mirage is a very clear signal that eyes can be there.

To me I think this version looks like a blend of a samurai demonmask, a wolf and hightech helmet.

What do you think of it?

The image is titled "Bastet" but should be Anubis. Man i am TIRED.

Edited by arch111

Would really like some feedback as to where to put ny energy. If I can make the coyote version work, that would be awesome.

So far I have not liked the outcome.

Will need to show you all how that turned out.

I like it. Just concerned that the nose and part of the face may be too far down the front of the head that it will make Neks seem like he is always looking downward. Do you have side shots?

Not yet. I will see about that soon though.