Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Helmet For Tennogen wip "Jackal".

arch111

Well, I have wondered how it would look and feel to use the initial concept on v10. V10 have got topology that the first lacks, so who knows? Maby the two will be a perfect match.

well in all honesty they both fit the concept well

the first looks more , intimidating , simple and straightforward designed

the second seems more exaggerated in the heads top part, slope of forehead to ears. makes the head come off more movie monster 

I think that the muzzel should be smoothed out a bit more, looking slightly more mechanical like Nekros' face within his hood; though as it stands, with a bit of smoothing over the rougher surfaces and seeing the texturing done the helm looks breathtaking in my honost opinion.
I'm going to be all over getting this helm after all the refining is finished rom the feedback. I wish you the very best of luck!

This is the base v10 with wings to both get the egypt vibe and give the shape of ears.

So far the eyes stays, we will see what happens.

Thoughts?
nekros11_by_gaber111-d9oj9d7.jpg

Ok, same question as I postednin TennoGen. How well do this head and tintareas feel natural with Nekros body?

nekrosanubis_color_by_gaber111-d9pa8mn.j

I am feeling pretty good about it and the final design elements will be to refine and polish and add a few things to tie it all together.

After that it's retopologize and then texturing. I am both looking forward to that and dreading it at the same time.

Ok, same question as I postednin TennoGen. How well do this head and tintareas feel natural with Nekros body?

nekrosanubis_color_by_gaber111-d9pa8mn.j

I am feeling pretty good about it and the final design elements will be to refine and polish and add a few things to tie it all together.

After that it's retopologize and then texturing. I am both looking forward to that and dreading it at the same time.

there is a lot of detail in that face, that thing is going to give me nightmares...

my only issue is the ears look... how are they from the side?

other then that its epic 

*claps*

o. o

^. ^

there is a lot of detail in that face, that thing is going to give me nightmares...

my only issue is the ears look... how are they from the side?

other then that its epic

*claps*

o. o

^. ^

Im really glad you like it! I want to make something I like but that others like as well.

The ears are not finished yet, but I will show a side render soon.

Thing is, you know those hooks in the legs? I want to jam 3 into each ear, but I havent tried yet. So i don't know it if will look good or really weird.

It looks cool from the front but you need to work on the profile. If you do a Bastet Helmet shouldn't it be for Valkyr?

Yeah, the sculp from the side needs.some love for sure. But I have some ideas.

The name is not supposed to be Bastet, if I still have that somewhere I need to take it down.

The name is Anubis after the death God with a jackalhead who weighted your heart to see if you were allowed into the after life.

I want this to be recognizable as Anubis, but allso warframelike with a flowing siluette and fitting with DEs design-guidelines.

Im really glad you like it! I want to make something I like but that others like as well.

The ears are not finished yet, but I will show a side render soon.

Thing is, you know those hooks in the legs? I want to jam 3 into each ear, but I havent tried yet. So i don't know it if will look good or really weird.

i actually was thinking that O: 

get out of my head Dx jk

i was thinking that might look epic but i didnt want to sound demanding xD 

I'm a big fan of both Nekros and Anubis. I really like the last one you did. Perhaps you could add the shoulder part Anubis has in mythology?

I mean the headdress part.

I am not sure what part you mean.

This is typically how Anubis looked.

anubis.jpg

If you mean the fabric falling on either side and in the neck, as I undestand it the head-swap cant interfere too much with the body because of clipping and rigging issues.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, I am doing what I can to add that kind of thing, but keeping it above the neck, or in the air.

>> There is no devs feedback in herr on wips so it is really hard to say.

I ran into the issue of connecting the "bones" going up from the torso.
They end very abrubtly very low, when the default helmet hood is gone you get two ugly jagged open pipes.

They must either connect by adding my own tubes to mend them. Or by hiding them in new geo. Both Raknis and Shroud hides the tubes.

As I worked on my model to clean the messy areas I allso looked into how I would solve this. I want to retain the shape, but allso make the "cloth" resting on Nekros neck to look good and lie in a good way. That meant I had to make some changes.

nekros_14_by_gaber111-d9q8vuu.jpg

At the moment this is where I am. I might rework the head and faceplate more like my previous one, but the main forms are the same, but cleaner.

Edited by arch111

Ok, next up I will add real earrings like I sketched and further clean the geometry so I get a good mesh when I retopologise.

After that, well as soon as I am happy with the shape I will retopo, my love-hate thing to do. Then its detail pass and finally tintmaps.

I hope to get this done in the next days if all goes well.