Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Helmet For Tennogen wip "Jackal".

arch111

I am gping back and forth on the designs. I have gotten soo uswd to the tendrils they are hard to think away.

But now we have Nekros Prime, who uses a hood, but more of an actual face, and no tendrils. 

So to use Nekros Primes body with an althelmet, that needs to be thought through. And for that reason I can't keep a design-feature just to maibtain the tendrils.

Another concern is the neck and the cloth lying over it. I am worried it will animate in a weird way and clip down into the torso. The neck is so far above it that it must be rigged to the bone beneath. Maby I am worrying for nothing.

Anyway, the endresult will be smaller, but I will make clear seams and borders and make sure to add sections that are metal.

Kind of annoys me that I can't just test out poses because I have so many polygons, but thats life. Nekros will never look straight at you, allways bending and moving.

Question: Do you feel I should excentuate the symbols on the forehead?

What it is is a Scale, the way Anubis weighed your heart to see if you were allowed into the afterlife.

Ever since Inaros Anubis I just left it very vague. If I make it stand out it will be a hint to the real Anubis.

I must have been in some weird alternate zone. For so long I have been wanting to add a headdress like the Egyptian Gods had, that fall down across the chest.

I JUST realized that I can't. I have to make sure the neck fits with the helmet, and that the helmet fits with animations and armors.

The only way to donit, is by having these things small, or away from the actual body. Thats why you don't see any alt helmets that connect with the body. And I figured out why, they do not share rigs.

Sooo. 

I now HAVE to rethink this. I either make a more robotic head that sits firmly over the neck.

Or, I make the hoodparts and so on higher up and away, like the original Nekros.

Even Nekros alts are like this.

I am kind of sad now, since I realize what I want takes rigging or cloth-physics and I get that this opens up for clipping and so on.

IDEA. I have toyed with the ide of multiple "strips" going from arpund the face to connect in the back. A bit like braids or wires.

It can be a way for me to get the look without breaking the helmet-rules here.

Ill get to work in this.

Final note. If I did a syandana that were INCLUDED into the helmet, that might work but I Seriously doubt that. I just have to do a bodyskin some day.

2 hours ago, Noabettiet said:

just wanted to say for you to keep up.

your work is what i am most looking for to be added to steam/warframe.

Thats the best kind of encouragement. Thank you so much !

This has been community driven from the start, and the reason I never quit.

I will get it done and I hope it will look as good as we all want Nekros to look as the God of the Dead.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

ive always been a big fan of your work xD , and this one is a design i await to see in the game with baited breath 

but as im console ..

Hide contents

shut_up_and_take_my_platinum_sfm_version_by_mcl_the_blue_madness-d94h2ad.png

Heh. I hope that whatever deal they must agree to with Valve, can go a little faster.

I Wonder if they have a limit per year or if a certain time has to pass.

You guys got the first 5 yet?

Yeah, I am going to settle on a final shape now. So I can do the high poly work and divide it up into panels and sections.

There are still some details I havent added in yet, obviously the earrings. But I Allso think of adding cables/cloth/chains that will connect at the back.

If I can do a good job it will look really good. If not, well x~x.

I absolutely will send this to steam soon so I have to keep working. But I have a final look in mind now so that feels alot better than before :)

4 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Yeah, I am going to settle on a final shape now. So I can do the high poly work and divide it up into panels and sections.

There are still some details I havent added in yet, obviously the earrings. But I Allso think of adding cables/cloth/chains that will connect at the back.

If I can do a good job it will look really good. If not, well x~x.

I absolutely will send this to steam soon so I have to keep working. But I have a final look in mind now so that feels alot better than before :)

good luck :D