The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma's Poison Aura Question

Meneliki

Question

Is the poison aura damage even a selling point/worth worrying about? 

The description on the wikia (why are detailed stats not available in-game?) says it has a 50% chance to do 5% of the mob's total health as poison damage, each second. As... POISON.. damage. NOT direct damage. So for the sake of math, if it has 1000 hp, the aura will have a 50% chance each second to hit for 50 poison damage, which some creatures may resist... knocking that 50 damage down to whatever, based on the poison resistance. 

What I'm wondering is, should this ability be altered to do DIRECT damage instead of POISON damage? Meaning, BEST case scenario, you spend 20 seconds killing a high level mob. Worst case, no damage at all. I did some testing in the simulacrum with this. Turns out, after *several minutes* of this aura being active(recasting w/ e-restores), no mob had dropped below 95% health.

I thought the idea behind the %of max HP was to help it scale in the lategame. Which is fine. But in practice, it's not doing much - if anything. Does anyone else have different results?

Thanks

11 answers to this question

The Aura also increases holster speed and reload speed (Very noticeable) if you choose toxic

The Heat damage and Poison damage isn't what players look for, they look for the the benefits and bonuses to what they bring like above.

Edited by KJRenz

In my builds with Chroma, poison was more effective with my reload, and switching of my weapons. The Poison Damage wasn't worth looking at my builds. I've seen a few builds where people use arcane items on Chroma, giving him a better survival rate. But your Poison Damage isn't worth taking the time or brain cells to worry about :) 

The Aura also increases holster speed and reload speed (Very noticeable) if you choose toxic

The Heat damage and Poison damage isn't what players look for, they look for the the benefits and bonuses to what they bring like above.

I created a Melee Build for my Fire Chroma. Works well when you're in survival. I'm seeing a trend with people using arcane items on him.

Edited by ElectroPoi