Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worst Sortie Yet...

FuzzyRamen

Today's first mission was interception with corpus but restriction was melee only, with all the osprey floating around with nullifier is a stupid move for such a sortie setup.

Before more unnecessary comments come up, its not the corpus that is annoying but unable to use melee as a flyswatter.

Edited by fuzzyramen

Yeah, seriously. Sapping Ospreys with very particular hitboxes with melee-only weaponry is just not very fun. I'm totally down for the nullifiers and such but the air control just isn't there to take out one osprey reliably, let alone his/her other entourage laying mines all over the ground wherever I am going to land. 

Indeed, I could use Excal's Exalted Blade and just annihilate everything that casts a shadow but I really would rather all roads not lead to the same 2-3 Warframes. 

TL;DR: I've played every Sortie until today but the "challenge" of hitting Sapping Ospreys with air dashes isn't very fun and the "solution" of Excalibur/Mesa's ultimate seems less fun. 

ALTHOUGH- my little pint-sized Huras Kubrow did One-Hit-KO a lvl 60 Sapping Osprey and that was more special than any Sortie Reward XD. 

Not worst sortie ever.  No troubles at all hitting the flying enemies with my Tonbo and its huge, sweeping attacks. :)  Plus we got "the dam" as interception map, so even though we had a Mag (of course),  they could only reach a tiny part of the map with their press-button-receive-win nonsense and everybody else could still play.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude they put restrictions like that because they want people to use their brains and get certain combinations of warframes/melee weapons. I think its great.

First off, with prime reach flyswatting is insanely easy and fun, especially with my trusty jat kittag.

Second, nullifiers dont affect kubrow invisibility so you can be invis and run straight in and kill em.

Third, Excals radial jav will totally wreck ospreys fairly easily with a couple casts

Fourth, If you have a sound quake banshee the mission is already a joke considering they will be falling all over the place like they are wasted if people are helping kill nullifiers

Fifth, Mag because Mag

Sixth, just throw in a slowva because WHY NOT

Seventh, I cant even name more easy ways to do this mission because there are so many