The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Breeding Identical Kubrow Imprints: Height & Gender

DemonRayzor

Question

This is regarding the information on the Warframe Wiki's Genetic Code Template page. 

(source: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Genetic_Code_Template)

Stored Information

The following information has been provided by the developers from this page, which can only be accessed by logging on to the Warframe website;

The traits mentioned below are stored by a Genetic Code template, and will be passed on to a Kubrow puppy when used;

• Coat Colors (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary)
  • Coat Pattern
  • Eye Color
  • Kubrow Breed
  • Build (Regular, Heavy or Thin)
  • Height (Will differ based on gender)

(source:https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203019644-Kubrow-Breeding-Basics)

"There are several characteristics assigned to your Kubrow that can be considered their "genes". When you create an imprint of your Kubrow, these genes are stored in the imprint. When combining two identical imprints, you will receive a copy of the Kubrow they were created from,with the exception of gender and size attributes which are always randomly determined."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My understanding of this information is that gender is random and with gender comes a determined height.

I was told by a moderator that height is stored in imprints. 

Using identical imprints from my kubrow, Patches, for this experiment, I can see if gender and height variations are linked by continuously reusing the identical imprints.

This is Patches. Female and Medium Height (Original)

U8RBJDs.jpg

El Patcho. Male and Tall Height (Patches's offspring)

4fkhBrg.jpg

Patches II. Female and Medium Height (El Patcho's offspring)

hfK0HTr.jpg

Patches III. Female and Tall Height (Patches II offspring)

BfkfDgv.jpg

I obtained a tall female kubrow from identical medium height female imprints. Is it because the prior male kubrow imprints were tall or is height random?

If you would like to post any pictures(or information) of a kubrow produced by identical kubrow imprints, feel free to do so. :)

1 answer to this question