The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Breeding Kubrows To Get A Specific Trait?

(PSN)AirJordan73

Question

So I've always wondered if it was possible to get a lotus print Kubrow, and use an imprint of it, and use another imprint of another Kubrow (not a lotus) to have a chance of getting another lotus. It may seem confusing so I'll see if I cant explain myself better.

Kubrow 1: Hunhow

Lotus print Sahassa Kubrow

Kubrow 2: Sylas

striped Raksa Kubrow

Basically, could I get an imprint of Hunhow, and combine it with an imprint of Sylas to have a chance of getting a Lotus print either Raksa or Sahassa, or is there a gene that is always dominant (in this case would the striped pattern be dominant over the Lotus print).

I was thinking about this cause I'm getting imprints of a Chesa Kubrow, and wondered if it would be possible to breed him with another Kubrow (Hunhow in this case) to try and get a Lotus print Chesa.

I know that only 2 imprints can be made on a Kubrow, So do I have 4 chances at getting a Lotus Chesa, or is this a waste of resources because the striped pattern is dominant.

Any help?

6 answers to this question

There is a chance you will end up with the dog possessing the trait you want. 
I personaly try to breed bulky and tall specimens. 
From my latest experiences:

short but bulky raksa + tall but average built huras = tall and medium weighted raksa (1st try), tall and bulky huras (2nd try).

From what I see, selectioning appears to be chance based.
Unfortunately, I can't give you more detailed info on dominant/recessive traits. 

Edited by Teloch

I think there was a rule about what slot you place the imprint in which ultimately influences the breed and pattern.

Nope, that theory was crushed by a large scaled experiment pretty much shortly after kubrows made theyr entrance. There never was a rule, what's a shame honestly as you don't "breed" kubrows but modify them with templates. DE could've just as well addet a kubrow editor where you get to pick your results but they choose to make it rng.