The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Get 120Fps On Warframe.

Cloud

Question

Hi guys, my pc has :

cpu: i5 4690k

gpu: amd radeon sapphire r9 290 tri-x

fps limit: unlimited

video options: all at high except for shadows.

I get 60 fps which drops to 30-40 in ship loading screens. I think my cpu and gpu are quite powerful , how is it possible that I can't reach 120 fps?

15 answers to this question

here are the video settings :

F9kVAai.jpg JsmkKcg.png 

I have a quite old monitor, could it be the cause?

Turn vsync to off, and then restart the client and it should listen to the framerate cap.

But unless you have a 120hz monitor I suggest capping at 72 or 80.

Why do you even want 60fps? You don't need it for anything.

Or even better:

Why do you even want 30fps? You don't need it for anything.

That's fun and all, but the 120fps is an actual question because most monitors have a refresh rate of 60hz and are physically incapable of displaying 120fps, whereas they can display 1-60 fine.

(Some do go higher, though.)

Screenshot your video settings, things like vsync can override the FPS limit.

(Also unless you have a 120hz monitor, capping at something like 72 or 80 would be better.)

here are the video settings :

F9kVAai.jpg JsmkKcg.png 

I have a quite old monitor, could it be the cause?

Edited by LordCloud00

Your monitor shouldn't cause any framerate issues, just turn vertical sync off.

Also from what i've heard i'm pretty sure everyone gets frame drops in the loading screens lol I wouldn't worry about it

(you're also probably not hitting 120 because of all the graphicals you have on kek lower your settings)

Turn vsync to off, and then restart the client and it should listen to the framerate cap.

But unless you have a 120hz monitor I suggest capping at 72 or 80.

That's fun and all, but the 120fps is an actual question because most monitors have a refresh rate of 60hz and are physically incapable of displaying 120fps, whereas they can display 1-60 fine.

I've tried to disable v-sync (putting it to off) my fps reach something like 300+ in the ship, but I'm a bit worried cause in the moment I did that , some fans on the pc begin to be rumorous , I feared an overload and I switch back to auto. There was only this sound, nothing on my pc. Is it safe for me to do it? 

I've tried to disable v-sync (putting it to off) my fps reach something like 300+ in the ship, but I'm a bit worried cause in the moment I did that , some fans on the pc begin to be rumorous , I feared an overload and I switch back to auto. There was only this sound, nothing on my pc. Is it safe for me to do it? 

Set the framerate cap.  You do not want to run uncapped, that will cause issues.

Check your resolution settings in Windows and there should be something to see what the current refresh rate is at.  That will be the max FPS your screen can display.

(Generally the higher rates are on lower resolutions and the lower rates on higher due to bandwidth/timing IIRC.)

Set the framerate cap.  You do not want to run uncapped, that will cause issues.

Check your resolution settings in Windows and there should be something to see what the current refresh rate is at.  That will be the max FPS your screen can display.

(Generally the higher rates are on lower resolutions and the lower rates on higher due to bandwidth/timing IIRC.)

Could the few seconds of "uncapped run" have caused any problem ? I hope I have not burn anything for such a stupid thing lel.

And human eye can't really tell the difference either.(At least i can't)