The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What To Do With Forma?

Jumaqidi

Question

12 answers to this question

Use it on whatever you need atm, forma is crucial part of warframe and you will need steady supply of formas, I have always one forma building in foundry, at all times. 

You will get them as reward of playing various void missions. Any T is good, defenses, exterminates, whatever. 

I am a mr5 rn.

MR is less important than what mods you have, and where you are in the star chart, honestly.

As Pharen said, Nikana's a crafting component for the Dragon Nikana, so you could do that.

But I'd probably hang on to it for a Syndicate tribute, if you haven't done those yet, given that weapon slots are limited and the D.Nikana's MR...7? 8? a while off, in other words.

(All syndicates require a built Forma to rank up to 2, and rank 3 gives you the Large Restore blueprints. Those are hugely beneficial to have, energy in particular.)

Edited by Chroia

I would forma my favorite warframe first.Excalibur for example.Anyway you will need alot forma when playing warframe.Im always out of it because there are so many nice weapons and frames out there and all need some love or stuff changed and i have to correct my builds.

I would forma my favorite warframe first.Excalibur for example.Anyway you will need alot forma when playing warframe.Im always out of it because there are so many nice weapons and frames out there and all need some love or stuff changed and i have to correct my builds.

MR is less important than what mods you have, and where you are in the star chart, honestly.

As Pharen said, Nikana's a crafting component for the Dragon Nikana, so you could do that.

But I'd probably hang on to it for a Syndicate tribute, if you haven't done those yet, given that weapon slots are limited and the D.Nikana's MR...7? 8? a while off, in other words.

(All syndicates require a built Forma to rank up to 2, and rank 3 gives you the Large Restore blueprints. Those are hugely beneficial to have, energy in particular.)

Use it on whatever you need atm, forma is crucial part of warframe and you will need steady supply of formas, I have always one forma building in foundry, at all times. 

You will get them as reward of playing various void missions. Any T is good, defenses, exterminates, whatever.

You can use it on both! The forma adds the possibility for you to change the Polarity in your warframe/weapons build.

Well Nikana is an ingredient for Dragon Nikana so it won't go to waste, generally you only want to put forma on weapons you intend to keep long term, so if there's a weapon you're attached to then that could be a good idea too.

Is the nikana normal good on its own? I have blind justice stance for it too

Putting a forma on stuff is never wasted, i personally wouldn't put it on the nikana tho.

Someone mentioned this allready: the regular nikana is a material for the dragon nikana. The dragon version is among the best weapons in the game, the regular counterpart isn't tho. Formas and reactors are ignored in the fusion process, what makes spent resources kind of a waste.

My recommendation is: put the nikana aside for a while, powerlevel new stuff to reach mr8 asap, build the dragon nikana and give this weapon your attention.

As for frames to put it to propper use: volt prime, ash prime, chroma and warcry valkyr offer the best kit as they offer a good synergy with melee weapons without overriding them ;) (i personally prefer volt prime as of lately as his CC and melee buffs offer a rly great kit for swordplay but it's up to you rly. Try them out. Throw me a pm for the build)

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Is the nikana normal good on its own? I have blind justice stance for it too

Nikana is probably one of the better weapons you can get at your rank, (it's been a while so I'm not completely sure what other weapons are available), but either way, if you get Nikana and it's not quite strong enough, at least you can use it to make dragon Nikana which is a direct upgrade of the Nikana. The dragon Nikana is a strong melee weapon, especially against infested.

To be honest, I've never found the need to forma any melee weapon unless you want to change the stance polarity.

I completely agree. I am assuming the OP doesn't have any prime melee mods, so you will have points left over with just a potato and a stance (doesn't even need to match if the weapon comes with a polarity) and anything worth putting forma on should have a potato.

For the OP - the only thing I still have (and use) from my MR5 days is my starter frame. Most of my early Forma went into my one-man-clan Dojo, as much because I didn't have the mods to push my capacity over the limit. I really liked my Ak-Magnus and need the room for Lethal Torrent, so that was probably my first weapon to be Forma'ed.

Forma ain't Argon Crystals - you could just hold on to it until you need it.

I slapped my first few forma on my Paris Prime.  Low MR weapon that holds up well forever, and it let me keep up with my friends who were already fully kitted out when I started playing.  Nikana - I would wait to make it until MR 7, that way, if you like it, you can almost immediately upgrade to Dragon Nikana, which is an excellent weapon.

About the stances:

Decisive Judgement is great against ospreys (charge attack) and for headshots on humanoids (block combo).  

Blind Justice is great for forward movement - if you need to murder a whole hallway and stagger a bombard at the end of it, it's got what you want

Tranquil Cleave can open for finishers.  Not quite as easily as Crimson Dervish or Seismic Palm can, but easily enough

PS:  Best and easiest way to get forma blueprints is half an hour in Tower 2 Survival.  4 shots at a 20% chance of a forma blueprint.