Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

The metallic parts on the helmet don't have a normal map (well, they do but it doesn't affect the light so there's no compression), they just have the vertex normal information so that they look super solid compared to everything else. Those metallic bars are implanted in her head, which is a recurring theme on the entire skin, the metal strings come in and off her body all over the place but it's subtle on the body (you have to go and look at it). I hope you get a chance to see it up close and find out all these details :)

Oh and Zephyr... i can't wait to see what you guys think about it :D

The metallic parts on the helmet don't have a normal map (well, they do but it doesn't affect the light so there's no compression), they just have the vertex normal information so that they look super solid compared to everything else. Those metallic bars are implanted in her head, which is a recurring theme on the entire skin, the metal strings come in and off her body all over the place but it's subtle on the body (you have to go and look at it). I hope you get a chance to see it up close and find out all these details :)

Oh and Zephyr... i can't wait to see what you guys think about it :D

Soooo much hype :)

Finished the sculpt for Zephyr, so far i'm over 15m of polygons to make all the details very readable ^^ i'm having a bit of troubles, Zephyr is for sure one of the toughest models to reskin. No worries though, it won't stop me, not even slow me down ;)

Finished the sculpt for Zephyr, so far i'm over 15m of polygons to make all the details very readable ^^ i'm having a bit of troubles, Zephyr is for sure one of the toughest models to reskin. No worries though, it won't stop me, not even slow me down ;)

Have mercy on us, you are giving us so much hype!

You won't be happy to know that the normal maps are ready and polished and that my girlfriend said "It's so coooooool!" XD

Can't say it's going to be ready this week (it might be possible, no promises) but definitely the next one. I have to sort out some details with DE first though... i don't know yet if i can put the ponytails on my custom helmet.

• 2 weeks later...

The work and details on the zephyr skin in allmost too much to take in. No wonder you reached 15 mil working on it.

Could you post a render against a lighter backdrop though? I am having a hard time seeing it againt that pure black.

A very good transformation on the messiest warframe in the game.

Really? Thats the first time I've heard a helmet and a skin could be paired.

I must ask though, did you do a texture for the base helmet allso?

Or did you texture the body and then do the helmet and match them up at the neck?

If you get a green light to sell the skin and helmet as ONE thing, you have basically made a Premium Skin? As far as I can see, in Steam there is either a reskin of base helmet and body, or a helmet swap.

Have I got that right?

I don't retexture, i remake the model sculpt from the base model being very careful to not go out of bounds and i make a helmet from scratch. Then i make all the textures from scratch so it's basically the same process as to make a new warframe or a premium skin but with the disadvantage to not being able to modify the actual base model to create new shapes. I'm not doing anything special though, i'm just making a helmet that fits the design of the skin and pair them together in terms of as a tennogen content creator.

I am not making a reskin of the base helmet though, so if i get accepted on the next wave it will be either the whole skin with the price of a current skin(or helmet)  or a new price with 2 elements. I'll be fine with either of those, i wouldn't mind even if they decide to sell it at the price of a skin and give the helmet as a freebie. Anyway i don't have a preference, i just made the helmets to match the shapes of the skins to make it look a brand new thing (which it is) instead of a new color scheme (which is totally fine as well, just not my thing).

Oh I see. I just assumed, for some reason, that a reskin had to be base helmet and body both.

For example, I am making a Anubis helmet swap for Nekros.

Could I do a new normalmap and texture rework for Nekros body only and pair it with the new helmet?

Is that what you did?

That's what i did but my guess is that it will be way harder to get accepted because you have to make very good job on both items instead of just one. If somebody was thinking of using it as a trick to get accepted because maybe the skin or the helmet is not so good but it's justified if there's a skin or helmet attached to it with the same theme don't bother, it won't work. It's way harder to do a whole design instead of just a stand alone piece of it and it halves the chances. If it's your first experience with this kind of stuff you should stick on making the best job you can with just one thing. If you're confident enough then go for it! It's going to be so hard that will make you better at the end of it ^^

Archived