Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

8 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Re-worked Helm looks better

I'm glad you like it :) i'm just sorry i had to do it in under 2 days cause i could have done it better with a little more time. DE said they'll try to warn us as soon as possible from now on if they have something they'd like to be changed though so it shouldn't happen like this in the future.

11 minutes ago, AmazingMrAirplane said:

May I ask what made you pick those colors?

Sure, warm white makes them look elegant if associated with the right combination of colors, there are other main colors that do that as well but it's harder to understand shapes and patterns if they're too dark, the white is also a pretty neutral color so i can play with the other two main colors without having to take it in consideration. Plus Youkai Ivara is pretty much a rabbit-like creature so it was a perfect match ^^ also that rope pattern just looks so satisfying in red and the other color (jade green) is part of the folklore from where the youkai rabbit is from (search for Jade Rabbit, it will make so much sense i promise) :)

In case you were still wondering... yeah that's how much work goes into choosing the colors as well ^^

27 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Sure, warm white makes them look elegant if associated with the right combination of colors, there are other main colors that do that as well but it's harder to understand shapes and patterns if they're too dark, the white is also a pretty neutral color so i can play with the other two main colors without having to take it in consideration. Plus Youkai Ivara is pretty much a rabbit-like creature so it was a perfect match ^^ also that rope pattern just looks so satisfying in red and the other color (jade green) is part of the folklore from where the youkai rabbit is from (search for Jade Rabbit, it will make so much sense i promise) :)

In case you were still wondering... yeah that's how much work goes into choosing the colors as well ^^

Ah I see. I usually pick what I think looks cool. lol Then again I don't model, just draw ideas.

1 hour ago, AmazingMrAirplane said:

Ah I see. I usually pick what I think looks cool. lol Then again I don't model, just draw ideas.

Haha well i do use different colors as well when i'm using the skins in game. Presentation does have to make sense but i like to change a lot as well so i won't keep a color set for more than a week lol

Whoa, first of all congrats on hitting that 100th page!! (little late I know but still congrats)

On another note, Youkai is just beautiful, definitely not what I was expecting but you do tend to blow our expectations out of the water. Every time you work on a frame I always love the back details and the way it works with the front of the frame. Even if I never see the back very often (depending on the syandana) I enjoy them nonetheless. Her spine and overall back are just my favorite. It has that "want to touch" quality about it and all the light detail really adds to it. She looks like a Royal Sniper, I'm gonna have lots of fun with this skin!

And we haven't even gotten to the textures. Please keep that up... please.. I need it. I enjoy pretty, shiny, things but just the damage and other textures really make my day. On her helmet alone is more detailed work in it than I've done probably in my entire high school career. You have smooth slopes and a slightly bumpy texture, not just on her helmet, that I would really love to feel in my hands. Best of all with her helmet, there's no clipping!!!! Thank you for a helmet that doesn't have that shoulder issue. I won't even go into the love I have for the back of her helmet, just excellent. Hope this gets in as soon as possible. I can really appreciate the work put into this and I know I'd use this skin for sure.

(Probably sounded like a bunch of fan nonsense but I tried)

7 hours ago, -Titania- said:

Whoa, first of all congrats on hitting that 100th page!! (little late I know but still congrats)

On another note, Youkai is just beautiful, definitely not what I was expecting but you do tend to blow our expectations out of the water. Every time you work on a frame I always love the back details and the way it works with the front of the frame. Even if I never see the back very often (depending on the syandana) I enjoy them nonetheless. Her spine and overall back are just my favorite. It has that "want to touch" quality about it and all the light detail really adds to it. She looks like a Royal Sniper, I'm gonna have lots of fun with this skin!

And we haven't even gotten to the textures. Please keep that up... please.. I need it. I enjoy pretty, shiny, things but just the damage and other textures really make my day. On her helmet alone is more detailed work in it than I've done probably in my entire high school career. You have smooth slopes and a slightly bumpy texture, not just on her helmet, that I would really love to feel in my hands. Best of all with her helmet, there's no clipping!!!! Thank you for a helmet that doesn't have that shoulder issue. I won't even go into the love I have for the back of her helmet, just excellent. Hope this gets in as soon as possible. I can really appreciate the work put into this and I know I'd use this skin for sure.

(Probably sounded like a bunch of fan nonsense but I tried)

Wow thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoy it this much :)

And don't worry, i'll be always doing my best to keep it up!

On 4/10/2017 at 1:19 PM, HitsuSan said:

No that was before we had some problems implementing the old materials so i've made a new one... this one :)

4D0BAA1E272B61DCF5A707D304B3BB8DA47521AE

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THANK YOU! I'm so beyond tired of how ridiculously ugly her base color set is with everything except for white looking like a washed out gray color. Literally no other fem frame drives me this nuts with coloring. The design is perfect, can't wait to see it in! Is there any ETA on when the next round of tennogen drops in game?

I love almost all your skins. So tired of tennogen creators and DE linking huge swaths of color sections to one selection and rarely having metal bits to color.

11 minutes ago, Sapphic-Sandra said:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THANK YOU! I'm so beyond tired of how ridiculously ugly her base color set is with everything except for white looking like a washed out gray color. Literally no other fem frame drives me this nuts with coloring. The design is perfect, can't wait to see it in! Is there any ETA on when the next round of tennogen drops in game?

I love almost all your skins. So tired of tennogen creators and DE linking huge swaths of color sections to one selection and rarely having metal bits to color.

You're welcome :) and i can't wait to see how you'll customize it!

There's no ETA yet unfortunately, i was hoping for a pre Easter release but it looks like nothing is moving so who knows ^^ 

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

i was pretty sad the nyx skin did not get in this time

Not a bad thing from a commercial point of view though. At least they wont be in conflict. Maybe better if you let people's wallet breeze a bit XD

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

i was pretty sad the nyx skin did not get in this time

1 hour ago, Stonehenge said:

Not a bad thing from a commercial point of view though. At least they wont be in conflict. Maybe better if you let people's wallet breeze a bit XD

Yeah quite wise ^^ and it gives me the time to implement some changes and make it a little better!

13 minutes ago, oxalispescaprae said:

What are you plans skinwise now that Ivara got accepted?

I've got 4 syandana on the works and a Nyx skin to polish. Plus one more skin i'll be reworking in collaboration with another artist, not confirmed this one but we'll see :)

Quite weird, right? ^^

55 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Yeah quite wise ^^ and it gives me the time to implement some changes and make it a little better!

I've got 4 syandana on the works and a Nyx skin to polish. Plus one more skin i'll be reworking in collaboration with another artist, not confirmed this one but we'll see :)

Quite weird, right? ^^

Owh My GOD.. My wallet need to take a breath... hahaha..

3 minutes ago, Blood_Poppy said:

Owh My GOD.. My wallet need to take breath... hahaha..

Haha don't worry, it's a long term plan but i should be publishing at least one skin per round ^^ not sure yet how many syandanas i can finish for each round but i want them to be super cool :)

33 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Haha don't worry, it's a long term plan but i should be publishing at least one skin per round ^^ not sure yet how many syandanas i can finish for each round but i want them to be super cool :)

i hope that Saturnia get in the game on next round.. right after the fix the friendly damage Assimilate Augment..

Archived