Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

15 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Yeah, Yatus can't keep on working on it anymore so i'm taking it in charge since it's so popular and i will share the profit with him so that he can make the money necessary for him to buy a new pc and get back to work on warframe skins full time. I hope you guys won't mind me changing Izanagi (a lot most likely) cause the reason why it's never been published is cause it's a mess (even if it doesn't look like it)

... Yatus needs to study a lot more when he comes back (i've already told him to study while he's waiting lol) but the design is pretty cool and i can salvage it for sure given the time to remake most of it properly (reason why i haven't started yet).

So by it being a mess, what do you mean by that actually? Is it that he tried too much and focused on the wrong parts? I'm also learning how to make TG skins as well so this would actually be really helpful to know about.

5 minutes ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

So by it being a mess, what do you mean by that actually? Is it that he tried too much and focused on the wrong parts? I'm also learning how to make TG skins as well so this would actually be really helpful to know about.

Uhm not really, most details are floating and most lines don't connect, materials are incosistent also. It looks more like a rough concept art piece rather than a proper finished 3d model, that's due to inexperience which is a consequence of the sped up learning process Yatus went through this past few months.

All of these are the reasons why none of his models were chosen so far, there were also basic 3d modeling errors which can be on it's own a reason of rejection.

If you're trying to learn i'll suggest you starting from the most boring 3d model you can find and learn how to properly make it (sculpting or handcrafting it), bake textures from a high poly model into a low poly version of the same model (also made by yourself), including obviously how to unwrap the model uv maps. I know it seems all very boring and not the fun part of making an artwork but it's essential to make any kind of model, it's how any single model in warframe or any other game is made and you should be an ace with this basic stuff before jumping into complex 3d modeling and sculpting with pbr maps and tintmasks ^^

In short Izanagi is a good rough idea but it takes a lot of skill and experience to actually pull it off and make it work into a proper professional worldwide distributed videogame and Yatus came really close ^^ BUT... now it's my responsibility and it will have to live up to my standards ;) so it will take me a while once i start.

23 hours ago, iMalicious said:

the fact that it's a character about beats and doesn't look anything like a DJ or music related.

Her default helm resembles a Marching Band Feather Plume...if THAT doesnt involve music then i do not know what will lmao.

16 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Saturnia V2 : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=853011328

There's more screenshots on the page, 3D models previews are not ready yet.

23E2B73ED237DD7D80C0D92393B313E1A9A8F84A2BB058F0A9EE274BD4DD160022C14AEFFCA2C36A6F9B2F8111EF9EACBF1CA1E67ED002BD60407594105ACA9A6B94527EEB0EE05E7A24744BE80C8907

every time i see this skin i go into the ultimate fan bot mode . it's a masterpiece and i would go as far as to say your best work yet 
(what can i say, i'm a sucker for freckles and knee high socks )

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

every time i see this skin i go into the ultimate fan bot mode . it's a masterpiece and i would go as far as to say your best work yet 
(what can i say, i'm a sucker for freckles and knee high socks )

2 hours ago, Kalvorax said:

much better helm than her DE ones :D

Thanks :D i'm glad you like it! I've been working so hard on the rest of the stuff i have (all the syandanas) that i forgot about the 3d model, i'll post it later so you can go see for yourself :)

On 5/8/2017 at 0:49 AM, HitsuSan said:

Uhm not really, most details are floating and most lines don't connect, materials are incosistent also. It looks more like a rough concept art piece rather than a proper finished 3d model, that's due to inexperience which is a consequence of the sped up learning process Yatus went through this past few months.

All of these are the reasons why none of his models were chosen so far, there were also basic 3d modeling errors which can be on it's own a reason of rejection.

If you're trying to learn i'll suggest you starting from the most boring 3d model you can find and learn how to properly make it (sculpting or handcrafting it), bake textures from a high poly model into a low poly version of the same model (also made by yourself), including obviously how to unwrap the model uv maps. I know it seems all very boring and not the fun part of making an artwork but it's essential to make any kind of model, it's how any single model in warframe or any other game is made and you should be an ace with this basic stuff before jumping into complex 3d modeling and sculpting with pbr maps and tintmasks ^^

In short Izanagi is a good rough idea but it takes a lot of skill and experience to actually pull it off and make it work into a proper professional worldwide distributed videogame and Yatus came really close ^^ BUT... now it's my responsibility and it will have to live up to my standards ;) so it will take me a while once i start.

See i have little to no experience with this, so i had no idea about there being that many flaws, cause to me it looked so cool and i couldn't see any flaws in it. Which is why i am gonna take my time learning this, patience is a virtue as they say, guess that also counts with 3d modeling. So far...i've seen, boring is good right now, best to learn it all completely rather than only learning the surface.

Thanks man i'll keep these words of wisdom in mind as i go.

53 minutes ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

See i have little to no experience with this, so i had no idea about there being that many flaws, cause to me it looked so cool and i couldn't see any flaws in it. Which is why i am gonna take my time learning this, patience is a virtue as they say, guess that also counts with 3d modeling. So far...i've seen, boring is good right now, best to learn it all completely rather than only learning the surface.

Thanks man i'll keep these words of wisdom in mind as i go.

You'll become a good modeler if you will :) 

Also, here's the 3d model for Nyx Saturnia V2 :) https://sketchfab.com/models/881a43b83e88471f97c9a2db44c56fb8

The previous version is still online if you want to check what's changed!

5 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Also, here's the 3d model for Nyx Saturnia V2 :) https://sketchfab.com/models/881a43b83e88471f97c9a2db44c56fb8

Now see that is what i also wanted to ask about and you delivered without me even asking xD

13 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

i just noticed your signature triangles upon closer inspection. sneaky sneaky

2 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

I guess I'll be the first, here goes:

9HLBM5W.jpg

Haha, that's very similar to the look I'll be using.  I will also have a white and gold version too.  It the all black with gold accents that I've most been waiting to finally achieve.  

25 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

I guess I'll be the first, here goes:

9HLBM5W.jpg

Cool :D !

13 minutes ago, Bravely_Casual said:

@HitsuSan I've noticed on a number of your frame skins that some channels apply the same color to different textures. Is this intentional? I love your work but having the same color channel affect different textures is the reason they just separated synadanas and armor color options.

Uhm not really, i usually do that for decals and such but it's rare that i use the same colors for different materials... Can you show me where?

4 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Cool :D !

Uhm not really, i usually do that for decals and such but it's rare that i use the same colors for different materials... Can you show me where?

E.G., on Youkai's first color channel (White), it applies to the majority of the body, but also to a metallic area inside her thighs and possibly elsewhere, its hard to tell with the bloom in my game. I'll have to tone that down.

7c0c782e2d.jpg

Again, I love the skin (and not just because you didn't give her a mustache)., but if you could move that area to the other metallic channel (3rd or 4th can't remember), 

office-space-that-would-be-great-thatd-b

1 minute ago, Bravely_Casual said:

E.G., on Youkai's first color channel (White), it applies to the majority of the body, but also to a metallic area inside her thighs and possibly elsewhere, its hard to tell with the bloom in my game. I'll have to tone that down.

7c0c782e2d.jpg

Again, I love the skin (and not just because you didn't give her a mustache)., but if you could move that area to the other metallic channel (3rd or 4th can't remember), 

office-space-that-would-be-great-thatd-b

The skin was wrongly configured by DE, it should be fixed soon ;)

You'll be happier when you know i've actually submitted a small update to the skin, turns out the problem was both sides ^^ sorry, now then it updates it will look WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better and you will be able to customize the quiver as well ;)

9 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

You'll be happier when you know i've actually submitted a small update to the skin, turns out the problem was both sides ^^ sorry, now then it updates it will look WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better and you will be able to customize the quiver as well ;)

Nice!

Archived