Jump to content
HitsuSan

Hitsu San's Workshop - Oberon Youkai and Suprema Heavy Blade V2!

Recommended Posts

@HitsuSan

*Evades the drama* i think you're making the models with special care and checking every detail (The love in the warframe is real)

Are you using concepts?, well i just came to say hi, (always keep the original ideas when you started to make the models), 

I think, all of your art  looks cool, awesome, and bad &#! (in a good way)

you'r arts is making the warframe look more interesting.

(I think they're jealus of your mag rework, because that should be the prime version of mag :v)

Best Regards.

Edited by Agente_GentlePhoenix
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tamamo-no-Mae It's a complete rework like the others so everything changes ^^ I know you want a new mesa skin lol, there has to be some other artist working on mesa...

@Agente_GentlePhoenix Thank you ^^ Uhm do i keep concepts? Well yes when i make them. I've made some classic concepts for the syandana i've made, very quick ones but i didn't make any for the characters or at least not 2d concepts. I use a different technique for those cause they are mostly organic so it works way better to concept them out directly in 3d and then refine them into a final model. Obviously i couldn't do that if i was working for a client because i would need to communicate a general idea for the final result in a quick way and i would need a way faster technique but since there's no client when i'm making these and i can come up with better ideas over time that i get to decide if i want to implement them or not (it's always yes ^^) i don't really need to use a 2d concept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a person who would only be convinced to play warframe by buying Zephyr as my starting frame this looks fantastic.

Thanks so much for making it. I love the detail in the normals especially. Feels like Zephyr already got an early premium skin.

12971019_760243560779729_781680377934940

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks :) I'm really glad a great fan of Zephyr like you appreciate it so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Do i? ^^ that would be cool actually

Indeed.  Your skins are necessary.  I only like your skins.  They should all be automatically added to the game.

Wish I could make skins.  I tried to learn how but got confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks VampirePirate, you're way too kind ^^

Here's a secret though i got confused too but if you stick to it and you try to learn one thing at the time eventually you will learn everything you need to make it. Well... if you have zero knowledge of art or 3d asset making maybe it might take a lot of time ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2016 at 5:43 AM, HitsuSan said:

Thanks VampirePirate, you're way too kind ^^

Here's a secret though i got confused too but if you stick to it and you try to learn one thing at the time eventually you will learn everything you need to make it. Well... if you have zero knowledge of art or 3d asset making maybe it might take a lot of time ^^

I'm an artist, so no problem there.  The 3D thing is the problem for me.  I successfully made a item for Skyrim.  it was a sword and it was crappy, but i did it using blender.  However, i suck at making meshes and skins and stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just one? After you make 10 you will start to get used to it. Blender is not the most intuitive program out there though, that makes a huge difference. And pixel pushing could be very boring for someone who's used to draw and paint in 2D cause it's extremely slow in comparison so you have to get used to that too. Hell, i used to make an entire character concept page with 2-3 variance and 3-4 head variances in one day, 2 the longest ^^ With 3d it takes months for a single character depending on the complexity, if you don't get used to push through the slow progress it seems like you're not getting anywhere. That's why i'm telling you that if you want to learn you have to just keep going even if it seems like you will never get good at it ^^ It's just a matter of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Just one? After you make 10 you will start to get used to it. Blender is not the most intuitive program out there though, that makes a huge difference. And pixel pushing could be very boring for someone who's used to draw and paint in 2D cause it's extremely slow in comparison so you have to get used to that too. Hell, i used to make an entire character concept page with 2-3 variance and 3-4 head variances in one day, 2 the longest ^^ With 3d it takes months for a single character depending on the complexity, if you don't get used to push through the slow progress it seems like you're not getting anywhere. That's why i'm telling you that if you want to learn you have to just keep going even if it seems like you will never get good at it ^^ It's just a matter of time.

Another time i created a starship for a Star Trek game.  It took days of work to get the mesh right, and when I finished that i stopped.  Putting on textures to make skins to me is confusing.  I got good at using Blender, but still a beginner.   Was nto sure what other programs i could use without spending a ton of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can still use Blender to paint over the 3d model or Gimp for photo/texture editing. There are options if you can't afford a professional program but you want to start to learn but they are obviously not the smoothest solutions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick update on the status of Nova Visage: She'll be late. Ladies makes you wait i guess XD 

Seriously though, i couldn't work on it cause i was trying a new software for my rendering rig that allows me to render at any resolution i want (videos and screenshots) so next time you can expect something like this

 

Alata1.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See this is the sort of stuff the workshop is for - bringing real and distinctive alternative models/skins for Warframes.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HitsuSan Greetings, i think there's so many users that like your art, that somehow come to my mind, and perhap people would like to join or be part of your group of fans, so perhaps they would come some day to give you some ideas and the will of helping you, just because they are willing, so when comes to that, if you think about the group, i can help you out about the forums specially steam group forums, so yeah that's the proposal i can give.

Cheers.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HitsuSan, I was just introduced to TennoGen skins today, and I'm so amazed!! Your work is so very clean, with excellent use of varying textures. I'm also so excited because Zephyr is the frame I play almost all of the time, and I was never completely satisfied with her appearance-- but I bought the skin and I've never been happier! Thank you so much for putting the time into these projects, the results are stunning!

I'm also inspired by you to perhaps start working on texturing again... but for now, when I draw Zephyr, I will always be thinking of your design! Thank you so much!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Agente_GentlePhoenix Thank man, if there will ever be the need i'll consider it for sure! For now the vast majority of people are at least as kind as you when it comes to my steam workshop or this forum so there's really no need of moderation or anything :)

@shadrad Thank you very much :D i want to see your zephyr drawings!

 

And now in preparation for the new selection... (careful, huge new Alata gallery in here!)

 

 

NewAlata01.jpg[/img]

 

NewAlata02.jpg[/img]

 

NewAlata03.jpg[/img]

 

NewAlata04.jpg[/img]

 

NewAlata05.jpg[/img]

 

Edited by HitsuSan
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So excited for this! Someday I hope there will be a Hitsu San Collection where all frames have a skin made by you. (Nezha hopefully. I think you'd make him look really cool) Well, I hope if this did happen DE would've given you a job in skin design by then but I'd just really like to see every frame in your style. Nova has got me excited as well! I hope we're all not getting to demanding and I wish you luck!

(Zephyr is my favorite so I bought the skin as soon as I could. Thanks again and I can't wait to see what's in store for this!)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much :) Lol a collection of skins for warframe, that would take years ^^"

Anyway it's no problem when you tell me what warframe you'd like me to work on next, that's helpful cause i can choose more popular warframes first (but i mostly choose one for which i have already a good idea in mind).

Also Visage is still late, i keep making it better and it's definitely extremely complex so i'm working extra hours on it to be sure i can get it done by friday. I'm at a very good point, finishing the helmet and some other details so this time when i see it might be done by tomorrow it should actually be true ^^

Sorry for letting you wait so much, i kept underestimating how many things i've put into this model XD (it's 6 different materials... Hagoromo and Alata have only 4 to put it in perspective).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Thank you so much :) Lol a collection of skins for warframe, that would take years ^^"

Anyway it's no problem when you tell me what warframe you'd like me to work on next, that's helpful cause i can choose more popular warframes first (but i mostly choose one for which i have already a good idea in mind).

Also Visage is still late, i keep making it better and it's definitely extremely complex so i'm working extra hours on it to be sure i can get it done by friday. I'm at a very good point, finishing the helmet and some other details so this time when i see it might be done by tomorrow it should actually be true ^^

Sorry for letting you wait so much, i kept underestimating how many things i've put into this model XD (it's 6 different materials... Hagoromo and Alata have only 4 to put it in perspective).

O.o

o.O

>.<

HitsuSan = Tease   =P

I really want to see it, I bet it will be awesome! 

I really love Nova (and Mesa) and the way you make warframes look is just awesome... I cant find words for it >.<

but you understand right? ^.^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do and thank you!

:) let's do this... next time you see a post in here from me it's going to be a screenshot of Nova Visage!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...