HitsuSan

Hitsu San's Workshop - Oberon Youkai and Suprema Heavy Blade V2!

7 minutes ago, Melos-mevim said:

yeah I figured that would be the response (since its what you said when I also mentioned it when it was still on the workshop) was worth the shot to request, I am fond of the idea behind the skin but its virtually impossible for me to enjoy it with my usual color schemes hence why I figured I throw out the request

I'm sorry you can't use your usual color scheme for it ^^ colors should be adapted for the subject though, it doesn't really work the other way around in design

3 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Hey guys does anybody have a request fix for any of my skins?

For  Caduto, I suggest to make the 2nd color base diffuse a bit lighter for allow more customisation because currently, most of colors look darker than they initially are on the palette and dark colors are overwhelmed and look black with only a bit of the color as shine.

About your futur Saryn skin, I think you should merge the current color 3 and 4 and make some of the current black/grey part as it's own color instead just being a darker version of the primary color.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

For  Caduto, I suggest to make the 2nd color base diffuse a bit lighter for allow more customisation because currently, most of colors look darker than they initially are on the palette and dark colors are overwhelmed and look black with only a bit of the color as shine.

About your futur Saryn skin, I think you should merge the current color 3 and 4 and make some of the current black/grey part as it's own color instead just being a darker version of the primary color.

That might be a good idea, i'll think about it!

On 06/09/2017 at 9:34 AM, HitsuSan said:

Caduto wouldn't look as cool if that part was customizable ^^ it may seem as a limitation but it's better for you to always end up with a good color balance.

It is a limitation and while sure, it's your choice as an author and I accept that, I sure don't like those uncolourable parts. Neither on Caduto nor on any other skin that has them. Please consider making skins that are fully customisable in the future.

I don't usually do uncolorable parts as big as in Caduto. It depends on the nature of the skin and how much i'm trying to change the base warframe design more than anything else ^^

On 06/09/2017 at 8:15 AM, HitsuSan said:

Hey guys does anybody have a request fix for any of my skins?

If there's anything else you'd like to be fixed with my skins now is the right time to ask ^^

Might just be my personal preference but there's been something that's I've wondered about when it comes to the Frost skin, primarily the swirls on the armguards. I don't think they've been assigned any tint so they're more indentations and not always that noticeable, especially when using darker colours and sometimes I'd look at it and wish it was showed off a bit more.

Part of me wonders what it would look like if they were linked it in another tint and faded in opposed to full on colour or, alternatively which might be nicer, given some of that juicy metallic shader to really show off the style and add more flair to the arms. Maybe faded in or a sprinkling of the metallic here and there on it? Or I dunno, an outline? There's a few things I could potentially imagine but that's just me and I'm not the artist and author!

Think there's also the same on the legs too?

Edited by Valiant

9 hours ago, Valiant said:

Might just be my personal preference but there's been something that's I've wondered about when it comes to the Frost skin, primarily the swirls on the armguards. I don't think they've been assigned any tint so they're more indentations and not always that noticeable, especially when using darker colours and sometimes I'd look at it and wish it was showed off a bit more.

Part of me wonders what it would look like if they were linked it in another tint and faded in opposed to full on colour or, alternatively which might be nicer, given some of that juicy metallic shader to really show off the style and add more flair to the arms. Maybe faded in or a sprinkling of the metallic here and there on it? Or I dunno, an outline? There's a few things I could potentially imagine but that's just me and I'm not the artist and author!

Think there's also the same on the legs too?

Oh yes there's some on the legs too and i can tell you how it will look like... it will look low res and grainy ^^ Fade colors and thin lines don't work very well if they're on top of the primary color so back then i've removed the additional color for the sake of quality, after all a subtle but beautiful details are way better than a muddy and messy ones

6 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Oh yes there's some on the legs too and i can tell you how it will look like... it will look low res and grainy ^^ Fade colors and thin lines don't work very well if they're on top of the primary color so back then i've removed the additional color for the sake of quality, after all a subtle but beautiful details are way better than a muddy and messy ones

Aw. So no chance of making them a fancy metallic texture either?

3 hours ago, Valiant said:

Aw. So no chance of making them a fancy metallic texture either?

Uhm no because they're engravings and there's no clear cut between cloth and detail, it will just turn metallic all of a sudden and it won't look good unfortunately ^^ I'm sorry!

1 hour ago, HitsuSan said:

Uhm no because they're engravings and there's no clear cut between cloth and detail, it will just turn metallic all of a sudden and it won't look good unfortunately ^^ I'm sorry!

Fair enough, figured I'd at least ask :p

Are there any chance for making Saryn Velenosa belt kinda transparent like Ivara's short cloak?
you know, to make Saryn's assets more visible ;)

Awesome skin nonetheless, definitely gonna buy it xD

I salute you, Hitsu San, Tennogen Warrior! 

A few questions: 

1. Thank you for including PBR metal sections in your renders! One thing has always been missing for me on Zephyr's Hagoromo skin, and that's a reflective PBR visor. Will we ever, if possible see this addition in game? 

2. What are some of the processes you go through in coming up with a new skin and how do you select which Warframe you want to work on? 

3. Is there any chance we'll get to see a nikana skin to go along with your terrific Ash, Bai Hu skin? 

4. Why hasn't D.E. hired you yet, Tenno? 

1 hour ago, JDP04 said:

Are there any chance for making Saryn Velenosa belt kinda transparent like Ivara's short cloak?
you know, to make Saryn's assets more visible ;)

Awesome skin nonetheless, definitely gonna buy it xD

Lol no it's impossible to do ^^

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 said:

I salute you, Hitsu San, Tennogen Warrior! 

A few questions: 

1. Thank you for including PBR metal sections in your renders! One thing has always been missing for me on Zephyr's Hagoromo skin, and that's a reflective PBR visor. Will we ever, if possible see this addition in game? 

2. What are some of the processes you go through in coming up with a new skin and how do you select which Warframe you want to work on? 

3. Is there any chance we'll get to see a nikana skin to go along with your terrific Ash, Bai Hu skin? 

4. Why hasn't D.E. hired you yet, Tenno? 

Sure let's answer! 

1: nope, it's not meant to be a visor like power ranger's helmets lol. After more than a year i can't change content like that anyway, people bought it for what it is right now, i can't change such a big part under their feets ^^

2:I just pick what people suggest most and i like most in those suggestions ^^ if everyone suggested me to do atlas i wouldn't anyway haha

3: Uhm nope, DE doesn't have a standard policy regarding weapons so it's always too much of a hit and miss. I just don't want to end up wasting lots of time i can dedicate to skins doing something that will potentially never be published for you

4: They probably have better options in the right side of the world ^^ Even if i've never applied properly it's for sure way faster to choose a very good artist around their area instead of having to move me to the other side of the globe (paperwork is a killer), but who knows :) I don't think i'll say no if they were interested in having me as an asset but i think they're happy to have me doing exactly what i'm doing now lol

Thank you, Tenno! 

1. About the Zephyr Hagoromo skin I was wondering if D.E. ever accepted updates to Tennogen skins based on feedback. It's good to know that they don't for now! It was also the first skin from you on X1. That skin and the Mesa Falcon helmet were what really got me interested in the potential Tennogen has for community creations. 

2. Ha, ha! 

3. That's interesting that D.E. doesn't have a weapon design standards... 

4. That hiring practice is pretty standard. I'm glad you and other Tennogen, digital artists are out there doing what you do! Everyone knows that Fashionframe is the true endgame! 

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)RAG is NAROK said:

How is the Equinox skin going?

At the moment it's not ^^ I will probably work on changing the other two syandanas i've got on DE's feedback and see if i can fit a male warframe texture by the end of the year if the rest (Nyx Saturnia, Solida Syandana and Saryn Velenosa) gets accepted without further requests (gods i hope so ^^).

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 said:

Thank you, Tenno! 

1. About the Zephyr Hagoromo skin I was wondering if D.E. ever accepted updates to Tennogen skins based on feedback. It's good to know that they don't for now! It was also the first skin from you on X1. That skin and the Mesa Falcon helmet were what really got me interested in the potential Tennogen has for community creations. 

2. Ha, ha! 

3. That's interesting that D.E. doesn't have a weapon design standards... 

4. That hiring practice is pretty standard. I'm glad you and other Tennogen, digital artists are out there doing what you do! Everyone knows that Fashionframe is the true endgame! 

1. Oh well they can't do anything about it actually, it's our responsibility to manage our content but they can't work for us so every update has to be something critical or done when they have a moment of calm (probably not after Planes of Eidolon most likely ^^). Even though i can't accept any requests a single user makes, not even if it's a bunch of vocal people because let's say i sell 1000 copies of Nova Visage and let's say i get a big thread with 15-20 people asking me to remove the berret... if i listen to those 20 cause they seem very vocal i'm definitely going to make about 500 to 700 very mad about it even if there's 200 to 300 people that'll be ok with the change. That's why major changes like that are not possible but i can change the position of the golden bits to accents or something similar cause in the end you can still achieve the same exact result as before by switching two colors, it's not a big deal but it will probably be a big deal if you're going to have prime bits on top of it pretty soon ;) (i hope so haha, i have no insight of any sort)

3. They have standards in quality obviously ^^ it's just hard to make an entire new weapon design for something that's going to be given away basically, not to say it's going to preclude them to use a similar design for a new warframe weapon. It's easier when they do a reskin that goes with a deluxe skin cause they can make it in theme and sell a big package full of goodies but it's not a thing that you can really do with Tennogen, making a custom helmet + skin was my idea to begin with and we are already giving away an entire skin at a very low price if you count that the price for a helmet is 80% of it. So eh ^^ i don't know, i prefer to keep doing this job while getting some rewards out of it if you can understand that...

4. You're welcome :D it's a cool job to have, especially cause i'm in direct contact with the buyers and you guys really appreciate good design in warframe... i don't think i would have such an amazing response and 1to1 dialogue with you if i were doing the same exact quality of content for hire in any other game ^^

1 hour ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

well... I suggest miss banshee.  x100000

Banana feet

Same on the boat feet... but what frame did have in mind for the next skin when you're free?

8 hours ago, -Titania- said:

Same on the boat feet... but what frame did have in mind for the next skin when you're free?

Ahh i'm not sure yet but Aggp Rob is still waiting for Loki and since it's been my main character during the first entire year and a half of warframe i had to gather the skill necessary to make a super good job with it ^^ maybe i can do it now

7 hours ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

hey her boat shoes give her character 

:!

21 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Lol no it's impossible to do ^^

Dang, thats kinda break my heart xD