Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

48 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

I formally request a Mesa skin for consideration when you go back to female frames. All her customization is sad and I don't like any of the alternate stuff so far. Her base model colors well, though, so Fashionframe is still a thing. 

Gotta ask, though, which frames CAN"T you do skins for? Like DE not having released the models/obj files for editing?

Mesa is in the same box as Chroma ^^ I can't do it right now (too many tiny parts, it will take too much time and sell exactly the same as any other skin)

And here's the list of the warframes on which we can work on at the moment :) https://warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=content-files-and-examples

Just now, led2012WF said:

Are you ever gonna touch chroma? Feels like his skins must be double priced or 1.5x the normal price LOL, he has two big parts :( 

I never say no, but probably not for a long time until i get quite some items published. Or maybe i'll start a fund rising XD

1 hour ago, DoctorWild said:

@HitsuSan did you receve new about the visual bug of Nova Visage skin on nova prime?

Sorry DoctorWild, from the last tennogen round until now i've only had very little contact with DE. They told me time ago that this thing was something that might slip after U19 cause it's very low priority and they've been extremely busy as you can see now. I think there will be less pressure now (still, The War Within it's not there yet) so maybe from the next week i'll start asking if there's some new info about it.

I'm sorry i can't do more :( Game development is a matter of priorities and the only thing i can do is to ask (other than keep making new skins and syandanas for you :D).

Thank you, so if you realy want to do a skin for me, could I suggest a volt skin inspired to d'Artagnan? With even a new mantel... are you able to do mantles with steam's application?

Just suggestin, I don't realy mean it, but I just thought a day, that Volt would fit realy well with a style like that

6 minutes ago, DoctorWild said:

Thank you, so if you realy want to do a skin for me, could I suggest a volt skin inspired to Dartagnan? With even a new mantel... are you able to do mantles with steam's application?

XD Uhmm... nah, it's not for me. 

Well, Hitsu, your Nova skin is now officially more deluxe than DE's version in my honest opinion. And that without even changing the body mesh. Congrats!

With that said I want to thank you once more for making Visage.

It would be fun to see your vision of a Nova deluxe skin if you were given the chance to make one.

7 minutes ago, Larsurus said:

Well, Hitsu, your Nova skin is now officially more deluxe than DE's version in my honest opinion. And that without even changing the body mesh. Congrats!

With that said I want to thank you once more for making Visage.

It would be fun to see your vision of a Nova deluxe skin if you were given the chance to make one.

Wow that's a good compliment ^^ Thanks a lot Larsurus! Lol i hope they'll let me try one day XD (Ember... anyone? Come on DE)

51 minutes ago, Senketsu_ said:

yeah I gotta agree. That "Deluxe" skin they showed is very ugly, and needs to be redone. I am collecting all skins and I actually don't want, and will not buy it.

It doesn't seem to be well received no : \  

I don't personally like it either, since it's what i do i can clearly see why it didn't translated well from concept to 3d model though and i can spot all the mistakes in this kind of thing so i'm generally overcritical. Is this one designed by them right? Cause the others were from a freelancer artist if i can remember correctly.

53 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

It doesn't seem to be well received no : \  

I don't personally like it either, since it's what i do i can clearly see why it didn't translated well from concept to 3d model though and i can spot all the mistakes in this kind of thing so i'm generally overcritical. Is this one designed by them right? Cause the others were from a freelancer artist if i can remember correctly.

yeah from what I heard in the stream that nova deluxe skin is in house. The funny thing is that the Oberon, Valkry and nemisis and proto excal skins are in house and those are amazing. I think Minki and the art team are trying to hard. I think they need to take a step back and drawn from the original frame designs for more lf their inspiration. Titania looks really good though so that's a plus.

1 minute ago, Senketsu_ said:

yeah from what I heard in the stream that nova deluxe skin is in house. The funny thing is that the Oberon, Valkry and nemisis and proto excal skins are in house and those are amazing. I think Minki and the art team are trying to hard. I think they need to take a step back and drawn from the original frame designs for more lf their inspiration. Titania looks really good though so that's a plus.

I like Gersemi and Proto a lot, Nemesis, Feyarch and Orphid not so much. It's always one and one cause Titania (and Nekros prime) looks stunning. It's definitely very hard to keep doing great designs one after another when you're doing it for 4 years but sometimes i really don't get it like Atlas XD how did that got greenlit? (sorry DE, but... ugh)

I think the Nova deluxe is by the same artist who did Kela de thaym, so you can see the overall design aesthetic is the same. I was there during the art panel and it seems like previously he's done more vehicles and weapons and these 2 seem to be the only characters he's worked on so far. Gersemi, Proto, Titania and Nekros Prime looks like they were concepted by Mynki but not necessarily modeled by him.  Feyarch is a concept done by Ignus Dei and modeled in house as far as I understand it.  Finally Orphid is a concept in house by Sean Bigham and is most likely modeled in house.  He has a deviant art that shows some of his concepts.

That's

1 hour ago, HitsuSan said:

I like Gersemi and Proto a lot, Nemesis, Feyarch and Orphid not so much. It's always one and one cause Titania (and Nekros prime) looks stunning. It's definitely very hard to keep doing great designs one after another when you're doing it for 4 years but sometimes i really don't get it like Atlas XD how did that got greenlit? (sorry DE, but... ugh)

that's funny. One of the reason I like Feyarch so much is because it fixes Overons god awful physique. I hate vanilla oberons body structure. And his goat theme. And I also hate the fact that he is a druid and paladin mix. Because both those don't really mix at all. I wish he would get a more knightly skin at some point. Because paladins are my favorite class to play.

9 minutes ago, raydog said:

Oh and some of the originals like Volt, Rhino and the new ones like Atlas and Mirage were concepts by Keith Thompson, which Mynki admits during the art panel he is a fan of.

I'm totally a fan of Keith Thompson too :D He's really great! (If you want to see how awesome he is go look at the illustrated book made for Leviathan, the book by Scott Westerdeld)  Atlas is still awful though XD

12 minutes ago, raydog said:

I think the Nova deluxe is by the same artist who did Kela de thaym, so you can see the overall design aesthetic is the same. I was there during the art panel and it seems like previously he's done more vehicles and weapons and these 2 seem to be the only characters he's worked on so far. Gersemi, Proto, Titania and Nekros Prime looks like they were concepted by Mynki but not necessarily modeled by him.  Feyarch is a concept done by Ignus Dei and modeled in house as far as I understand it.  Finally Orphid is a concept in house by Sean Bigham and is most likely modeled in house.  He has a deviant art that shows some of his concepts.

Thanks for sharing this raydog :)  So basically Mynki is concepting all the awesome ones recently (no surprise there) and Sean stuff is very cool as well (the only thing i don't like of Orphid are the feets really). Kela's model is very cool too though... so i don't want to say anything more than i personally don't like what i've seen about this new Nova. I have an idea on where things got lost in translation cause having done lots of concept art and modeling myself i know when and why that happens but i've just seen a couple of images and 3 shots of a model... who knows really ^^ 

2 minutes ago, Senketsu_ said:

That's

that's funny. One of the reason I like Feyarch so much is because it fixes Overons god awful physique. I hate vanilla oberons body structure. And his goat theme. And I also hate the fact that he is a druid and paladin mix. Because both those don't really mix at all. I wish he would get a more knightly skin at some point. Because paladins are my favorite class to play.

Oberon body structure is just human shape, what are you talking about? His helmets?

11 minutes ago, led2012WF said:

Love the Nova deluxe skin, the default colors though... It makes it look like a toy, but it looks awesome
oh, and wow, just searched Keith Thompson and his robot art on his website looks freaking cool

I figured somebody was going to like it :)  I'm glad it's for your tastes then!

Look for that illustration book of Keith Thompson ;)    (suddenly Visage makes much more sense isn't it? XD)

3 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

I'm totally a fan of Keith Thompson too :D He's really great! (If you want to see how awesome he is go look at the illustrated book made for Leviathan, the book by Scott Westerdeld)  Atlas is still awful though XD

Thanks for sharing this raydog :)  So basically Mynki is concepting all the awesome ones recently (no surprise there) and Sean stuff is very cool as well (the only thing i don't like of Orphid are the feets really). Kela's model is very cool too though... so i don't want to say anything more than i personally don't like what i've seen about this new Nova. I have an idea on where things got lost in translation cause having done lots of concept art and modeling myself i know when and why that happens but i've just seen a couple of images and 3 shots of a model... who knows really ^^ 

Oberon body structure is just human shape, what are you talking about? His helmets?

well i don't like his default helmet. But I'm talking about his unnaturally this arms, in contrast to his big belly. It made him look ugly to me. But his Feyarch skin fixed that for me.

11 minutes ago, Senketsu_ said:

well i don't like his default helmet. But I'm talking about his unnaturally this arms, in contrast to his big belly. It made him look ugly to me. But his Feyarch skin fixed that for me.

Ohh i see i see :)

7 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

the only thing i don't like of Orphid are the feets really

Haha, that's probably my favourite part of the Orphid deluxe skin. ;) Well, shortly after the colouring possibilities - definitely one of my favourite skins in Warframe. I like the Feyarch Oberon too, but I had to tinker with his colour scheme a lot, before it finally 'clicked' with me lol. 

I reeeaally hate the new deluxe Nova skin however, and I was very disappointed by the Banshee Soprana - it looked SO MUCH BETTER in the original concept art. :(

50 minutes ago, Rurabomber said:

Haha, that's probably my favourite part of the Orphid deluxe skin. ;) Well, shortly after the colouring possibilities - definitely one of my favourite skins in Warframe. I like the Feyarch Oberon too, but I had to tinker with his colour scheme a lot, before it finally 'clicked' with me lol. 

I reeeaally hate the new deluxe Nova skin however, and I was very disappointed by the Banshee Soprana - it looked SO MUCH BETTER in the original concept art. :(

yeah my Feyarch is colored to be a cherry blossom knight. :D

Archived