Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

On 7/11/2016 at 2:04 AM, Larsurus said:

You can throw colors on a clown but it's still a clown. The problem is not the colors, its the model.

i'd like to disagree. i feel the model is fine, it's just the colors contrast with eachother is what pronounces it's curves and shapes that make people feel otherwise about it. colors are what makes or breaks pretty much anything because there are rules to what makes something more appealing to the eyes when it comes to color. that or the fact that people like to see sex appeal on their characters (soprano/ orphid skin showing badonk and legs) or buffed and sharpened edges (palatine skin) to be considered "cool". ehh, i for one just appreciate the skin for it's cultural influences. shows acceptance and respect for diversity unlike many of the vocal players in this community

5 minutes ago, homiedudemanguy said:

i'd like to disagree. i feel the model is fine, it's just the colors contrast with eachother is what pronounces it's curves and shapes that make people feel otherwise about it. colors are what makes or breaks pretty much anything because there are rules to what makes something more appealing to the eyes when it comes to color. that or the fact that people like to see sex appeal on their characters (soprano/ orphid skin showing badonk and legs) or buffed and sharpened edges (palatine skin) to be considered "cool". ehh, i for one just appreciate the skin for it's cultural influences. shows acceptance and respect for diversity unlike many of the vocal players in this community

I'd like to disagree ^^ First of all, why would you pick colors that are breaking the visual appealing of something you're trying to sell to begin with? It doesn't make any sense. Also there are skins and characters that work well with almost any color scheme no matter how much random it is because there are rules to follow to make that happen and those rules consistently work. Those things you say people consider "cool"... it's exactly the proportion issue i'm talking about and yes it has to do with sex appeal someway but not the way you're talking about, pretty much like we like the cool sports car designs and there's nothing really sexual about them. It's a complicated aspect of how our brain works and it requires a lot of study so it's a boring thing to talk about in here but i guarantee it doesn't have anything to do with cultural influences, pretty much everyone here said those are very cool so i don't know who those vocal players in this community you're talking about are.

i never touched nova, but i saw Scott play him quiet a bit, when i saw that deluxe skin i wasn't sure what to think, the color scheme was surely not to my liking, but that you can change. we'll have to see.

5 hours ago, homiedudemanguy said:

Opinions, everyone has them and I respect that you among few like the model. I however do not like it one bit, colors or no colors. They have slapped cultural/religious influence on a frame that has nothing to do with it, seemingly just for the heck of it. Nova is a heavily science/sci-fi based frame with an antimatter theme, it has nothing to do with gods. They would have been better off saving that influence for a completely new frame, especially with the animation of the arms and all. That would be a better use of their dev-time and I think 90% of the players would accept whatever goofy design they would come up with if it were a seperate frame. But on Nova? Nope I say!

I see none of Nova's sleek silouette in this mishmash of unappealing shapes. They even removed her energy jets for the sake of having flailing arms possibly cover the players recticle. However, Hitsu here managed to give her a unique skin that wasn't all out sci-fi, but he at least made it look good!

And since they plan on selling this Nova skin, it would be wise to listen to their potential customers if they want to maximize profit. As with the live reveal of Chroma way back when, the audience at this year's Tennocon didn't sound too impressed when they showed the deluxe slide with the devs chuckling and hooting the loudest. I would like to say that they broke peoples expectations, but not in a good way.

Yes, I as a Nova player am very salty from this reveal and I apologize if anyone takes offence.

Actually Visage and Hagoromo both have heavy cultural and/or religious reference injected in them, Visage being a mix between a 40' female military suit with a Venice carnival mask  and decorations (mixed with 2016 high fashion design) and Hagoromo being a mix between european medieval armor and japanese religious decorations motives (and a cygnus XD) obviously both still held together with a strong sci fi sense. Even Alata and Caduto both have some religious and cultural influence in them but they are not so evident so i'm not even going to tell you :)

As of Nova, whoever designed the Prime skin made it clear (to me at least cause i know what and where to look) that it had some religious aspect in her so i wasn't surprised by this new skin at all... i just don't like the proportions ^^

6 hours ago, Larsurus said:

I think 90% of the players would accept whatever goofy design they would come up with if it were a seperate frame. But on Nova? Nope I say!

Everyone has all these opinions, all strong arguments about the skin. All really great. I feel like I want to take someones side and then someone else comes in and I find I agree with that as well. And as someone who isn't a Nova player but has been influenced to play her by Hitsu, and all of the people on tennogen who have done work for her, I'd like to say that this is an opinion that I agree with the most.

If this we're a separate frame I'd probably accept it more than I do now. I'd also like to state before anyone defines me as it that I am neutral on this. While I don't agree with the concept, color scheme, or all the shapes on her body, I know how ever unlikely, it could change. Maybe not. But there's a chance. DE works hard (especially lately) to meet our demands as long as it's not completely unreasonable. Maybe after they fix some things with the update, get the other update here, let the dust settle, etc. it might change. Hey, they could even call it back because they want to get another idea they have out and work on her skin to release it later. (Like we still haven't seen zephyr and her deluxe skin come out.) They might throw it on us as a surprise. You never know with DE.

Also I don't really understand all the shapes added on her. I find it does look quite odd but I imagine there's a player out there that can make it work. If it does come out this way feel free to send me the pics. I'd be very interested in seeing that. Those of you who would buy it. I also don't understand the colors. As someone said earlier I do agree with that often good colors do sell. I've seen very few people make those colors on outstanding stuff like this work, not just Warframe, and I would've been surprised to see DE pull it off. Again, send me the pics if you've done it. I do wanna see. :)

I'm just sayin we should give this time. And if it still comes then you don't have to buy it. The true shame to this skin that as pc players we have more options while console players don't. And if they don't want it then the options are limited for them. We can just put on a tennogen skin and ignore it because we are lucky to have Hitsu and all these awesome artists to be available to us. So that is something to consider.

That's not my full statement on this topic but I'm not going to torture you anymore with my rants. Sorry for the length. And lastly, Hitsu I am so curious so how's the skin going? Good? Difficult? Am I asking to many questions because I think I am. Still just curious. :)

I hope console players will soon be able to get they'r alternative too ^^

Anyway the skin is going very slowly cause it's crippling hot in here (even worse in my stupid room with no windows, i need to move) but it's going, the overall design is pretty much done already and i'm working on all the small details and such. Still haven't told you who's for XD Maybe i'll make it into a game or something...

7 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

I hope console players will soon be able to get they'r alternative too ^^

Anyway the skin is going very slowly cause it's crippling hot in here (even worse in my stupid room with no windows, i need to move) but it's going, the overall design is pretty much done already and i'm working on all the small details and such. Still haven't told you who's for XD Maybe i'll make it into a game or something...

Me too. I know some console players and they're really hoping to use tennogen skins one day.

Sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better for you. I thought you said it would be male. I'm 80% sure. I also thought you had said Nekros, Rhino, Loki, or Frost. Not sure. My memory is terrible. If that's true though I hope for Frost or Nekros the most. Frost because chilly snow knight and Nekros because I literally just got him and I'm enjoying it very very much. If this turns into a game I feel 70% unsure of everything I've just said. :)

That was very specific... XD

Well yeah it's a male warframe :) that's not a mistery!

I need your suggestions guys(and ladies), i was thinking of doing some sort of giveaway since the last tennogen round but i couldn't find a way to actually do it (it's impossible to gift a tennogen skin). If you know a safe way to do it let me know! 

16 minutes ago, Ioeper32 said:

I thought this meant it is ig now, tried to go buy the vessel syandana. Discovered its only on the workshop. A sad day ;(

Ohh sorry for that :( All that's unpublished until now it's because i've made it for the next tennogen wave so you'll have to wait a little bit till DE organize the new one! (HTP - hoping to be published)

"A quick note here for those who are working on TennoGen items.

We are deciding the next round of content on July 20th!

Please have anything submitted to the Steam Workshop by then if you wish for it to be included in this round.

Thanks!"

From: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/672976-steam-workshop-tennogen-next-round-decided-july-20/

Good Luck HitsuSan!

5 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Well, i'm not sure i'll be finishing this one in one week (no way XD). But i have some good content ready, i'll be ok i think :)

I get paid tomorrow and Im already read to set some money aside in anticipation of both your skins and Favens grineer skins. SO HYPED!!!!!

Nice :D i want to let you know that i'm going to do the mad run to finish this skin by the end of the next week XD let's see if i can do it (probably not.... and still you don't know who's going to be so it's more fun XD)

23 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Nice :D i want to let you know that i'm going to do the mad run to finish this skin by the end of the next week XD let's see if i can do it (probably not.... and still you don't know who's going to be so it's more fun XD)

Wish you luck on getting it out!

Guest GorgonTheHeroine

Great to see you're continuing to create skins for warframes.

In all honesty, I've been focusing only on warframes you've made a skin for. I've purchased every one of your pieces, and can't wait to open my wallet for these projects.

Outstanding work as always!

8 hours ago, matto said:

This man is such a tease and the hype is too strong every time he announced something new. Damn!

I'm almost there with the sculpting >_> this is bad, really bad... only 3 days to paint it!

3 hours ago, DownTheSpine said:

Great to see you're continuing to create skins for warframes.

In all honesty, I've been focusing only on warframes you've made a skin for. I've purchased every one of your pieces, and can't wait to open my wallet for these projects.

Outstanding work as always!

Thanks a lot :D It's always such a pleasure to hear that someone is so passionate about my work! I'm going to work even harder (it's a lie, i work a lot already ^^")

1 hour ago, Blaqsailens said:

Your skins got updated in the last hotfix. The metal on the Zephyr skin looks so much nicer now.

Yes! It took a lot , i'm so glad DE spent their precious time to implement the fixes i've made. Hagoromo and Setka are a little less matte now, it was a little bit too much before (i've made it just enough for them to catch some lights reflections now so it's more interesting to look at).

That being said i have to get back to work now! O__o 

PS: Don't worry, it looks like i'm rushing cause i am but the overall design was ready and done from day1 so i'm just making lots of details and lines and make it sure it looks amazing, which... let's say it's looking better than i've anticipated! Can't wait to show you! (literally cause then i can sleep XD)

Archived