Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

Just now, HitsuSan said:

I'll miss the deadline this time if i don't do it

But there's always next time. It's not like this is the last one (Oh boy I hope not. that would be terrible). We know it's going to in even if it's not now but I'm wasting your time that you could be spending on it so I wont say anything more than take care of yourself and I look forward to seeing the skin even if takes awhile. :)

Just now, Espelonia said:

But there's always next time. It's not like this is the last one (Oh boy I hope not. that would be terrible). We know it's going to in even if it's not now but I'm wasting your time that you could be spending on it so I wont say anything more than take care of yourself and I look forward to seeing the skin even if takes awhile. :)

Nah i'm watching the screen baking various maps so i'm gladly taking a break ;) thanks for your concern and you're right, there's always next time... but how annoying would it be knowing that you missed this deadline by a matter of idk, one day or so ^^

T__T i did it... now if you'll excuse me i'm going to sleep for a couple of days...

You'll find the 3d model here https://www.artstation.com/artwork/N44DP (sorry, i had to compress it a lot cause this bad boy has 3 set of textures... i'll see if i can improve the preview later)

And here's the page : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727935543

2 hours ago, Novatico said:

The normal map might need some tweaking, it looks a bit flat the way it currently is. But that's just my opinion.

It looks flat like if i had to compress it a lot exactly as i wrote? ^^ To a certain extent though, the original map is a little less flat but on a flat surface (like all frost) the normal map can only bend light so far, the moment you put the surface sideways you'll notice the flatness right away : \  Another limitation of not being able to modify the base model...

9 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

It looks flat like if i had to compress it a lot exactly as i wrote? ^^ To a certain extent though, the original map is a little less flat but on a flat surface (like all frost) the normal map can only bend light so far, the moment you put the surface sideways you'll notice the flatness right away : \  Another limitation of not being able to modify the base model...

I see, fair point Hitsu.

59 minutes ago, Novatico said:

I see, fair point Hitsu.

: \ it's actually frustrating my friend, i could do much more, if i could change those models even a little bit to make the base model fit the sculpt, all my models will look way better. One day...

Woo Frost. Looks nice but I guess I was kind of hoping for something a little more wacky/intricate/complex (especially helm wise) like we've had with your awesome Mag, as he kinda looks like vanilla Frost but now embossed. Please don't take offence to my constructive criticism :/

1 hour ago, Naith said:

Woo Frost. Looks nice but I guess I was kind of hoping for something a little more wacky/intricate/complex (especially helm wise) like we've had with your awesome Mag, as he kinda looks like vanilla Frost but now embossed. Please don't take offence to my constructive criticism :/

I don't get offended easily ^^ it's ok, and i actually agree. This is what happens when you make a skin for a warframe with a very specific look (Mesa, Chroma) and lots of weird geometry that doesn't look like anything else except for what it is (10 points to the first person who can tell me what Frost inspiration is, let's see if you know XD)... you can't really make it look something else. Mag is very different, Mag is like Nova or Excalibur just human shaped ... they can become whatever you want. On the other hand i can't turn Frost into something that doesn't look like a different decorated Frost cause no matter what i do he's still going to have his dress, backpack, crab head and neack, engines on the arms ecc.

I hope it's ok that i've decided to show you what will happen with many other warframes as long as i can't change the base model with one of the best option i had ^^

1 minute ago, HitsuSan said:

I don't get offended easily ^^ it's ok, and i actually agree. This is what happens when you make a skin for a warframe with a very specific look (Mesa, Chroma) and lots of weird geometry that doesn't look like anything else except for what it is (10 points to the first person who can tell me what Frost inspiration is, let's see if you know XD)... you can't really make it look something else. Mag is very different, Mag is like Nova or Excalibur just human shaped ... they can become whatever you want. On the other hand i can't turn Frost into something that doesn't look like a different decorated Frost cause no matter what i do he's still going to have his dress, backpack, crab head and neack, engines on the arms ecc.

I hope it's ok that i've decided to show you what will happen with many other warframes as long as i can't change the base model with one of the best option i had ^^

Yeah I kind of thought one of the reasons might've been that Frost may have been difficult to work with and give a more unique look. I take it he'll also have the benefits of Pbr or whatever update your Zephyr skin recently received too?

11 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

On the other hand i can't turn Frost into something that doesn't look like a different decorated Frost cause no matter what i do he's still going to have his dress, backpack, crab head and neack, engines on the arms ecc.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Malice - just an example. It seems to me that the crab head wasn't really necessary?

That's just a guess, because I'm not a 3D artist myself, so maybe I'm not aware of some restrictions.

19 minutes ago, Rurabomber said:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Malice - just an example. It seems to me that the crab head wasn't really necessary?

That's just a guess, because I'm not a 3D artist myself, so maybe I'm not aware of some restrictions.

Lol yeah, but when i do that kind of transformations people shout at me that' it's not how's supposed to be XD Anyway i wasn't going for something that crazy, i just wanted to make one simple idea for once, if i had a crazy helmet like that that doesn't match the rest of the body it kinda sucks.

41 minutes ago, Naith said:

Yeah I kind of thought one of the reasons might've been that Frost may have been difficult to work with and give a more unique look. I take it he'll also have the benefits of Pbr or whatever update your Zephyr skin recently received too?

He's all pbr'd like all of my skins (they were like that already, i just fixed some materials that i wasn't happy with once the models reached the game with one of the last update ;). Emperor has 5 different materials on it.

I called it.. He looks so adorable and fierce. I want it. I especially like the sleekness of the skin. So many textures. Hope it gets in for all the hard work you did to get it out in time for this.

I'm gonna have to choose between this and Hailstorm.. oh boy i don't wanna choose. I love them all. This looks like a syandana round though. I hope all your stuff gets in anyway!!

I need to start saving up money.

Nice Frost skin. Reminds me of this for some reason:

Burger-King-mascot.jpg

My only issue is that, once again, his front is very plain. I'm not sure why everyone makes Frost skins with his front being plain. DE does the same thing. Faven did the same thing with his Grost skin. His front needs some detail, even if it's just a pattern and not a different normal map. I say the same thing about his forearms. They're just way too plain. Just my opinion, though.

Archived