Jump to content
HitsuSan

Hitsu San's Workshop - Oberon Youkai and Suprema Heavy Blade V2!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

I'm starting to feel the time slow down by how many coffee i've been drinking...

Man don't push yourself..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Espelonia said:

Man don't push yourself..

I'll miss the deadline this time if i don't do it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HitsuSan said:

I'll miss the deadline this time if i don't do it

But there's always next time. It's not like this is the last one (Oh boy I hope not. that would be terrible). We know it's going to in even if it's not now but I'm wasting your time that you could be spending on it so I wont say anything more than take care of yourself and I look forward to seeing the skin even if takes awhile. :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Espelonia said:

But there's always next time. It's not like this is the last one (Oh boy I hope not. that would be terrible). We know it's going to in even if it's not now but I'm wasting your time that you could be spending on it so I wont say anything more than take care of yourself and I look forward to seeing the skin even if takes awhile. :)

Nah i'm watching the screen baking various maps so i'm gladly taking a break ;) thanks for your concern and you're right, there's always next time... but how annoying would it be knowing that you missed this deadline by a matter of idk, one day or so ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as an aspiring artist myself I will say this. PUSH YOURSELF FOR YOUR ART AND LIVELLYHOOD!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Senketsu_ said:

as an aspiring artist myself I will say this. PUSH YOURSELF FOR YOUR ART AND LIVELLYHOOD!!!

Pretty much if you're not working hard enough somebody else is going to do it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is crazy XD i'm still working on it... i might actually do it, there's not too much left to do! 

I really want to see your reactions XD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

This is crazy XD i'm still working on it... i might actually do it, there's not too much left to do! 

I really want to see your reactions XD 

FIGHTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T__T i did it... now if you'll excuse me i'm going to sleep for a couple of days...

You'll find the 3d model here https://www.artstation.com/artwork/N44DP (sorry, i had to compress it a lot cause this bad boy has 3 set of textures... i'll see if i can improve the preview later)

 

And here's the page : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727935543

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The normal map might need some tweaking, it looks a bit flat the way it currently is. But that's just my opinion.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Novatico said:

The normal map might need some tweaking, it looks a bit flat the way it currently is. But that's just my opinion.

It looks flat like if i had to compress it a lot exactly as i wrote? ^^ To a certain extent though, the original map is a little less flat but on a flat surface (like all frost) the normal map can only bend light so far, the moment you put the surface sideways you'll notice the flatness right away : \  Another limitation of not being able to modify the base model...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

It looks flat like if i had to compress it a lot exactly as i wrote? ^^ To a certain extent though, the original map is a little less flat but on a flat surface (like all frost) the normal map can only bend light so far, the moment you put the surface sideways you'll notice the flatness right away : \  Another limitation of not being able to modify the base model...

I see, fair point Hitsu.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Novatico said:

I see, fair point Hitsu.

: \ it's actually frustrating my friend, i could do much more, if i could change those models even a little bit to make the base model fit the sculpt, all my models will look way better. One day...

Edited by HitsuSan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6.07.2016 at 9:29 PM, HitsuSan said:
On 6.07.2016 at 7:04 PM, Rurabomber said:
On 6.07.2016 at 7:14 AM, Cortanis said:

Ooooooo! Who's it gunna be this time?

Frost. :>

This is not :>

Liar! xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rurabomber said:

Liar! xD

XD quote the entire post... i kinda said the opposite..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

XD quote the entire post... i kinda said the opposite..

This is silly XD

This is not :>

Oh, I see now. You got me haha. ^^

Edited by Rurabomber
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woo Frost. Looks nice but I guess I was kind of hoping for something a little more wacky/intricate/complex (especially helm wise) like we've had with your awesome Mag, as he kinda looks like vanilla Frost but now embossed. Please don't take offence to my constructive criticism :/

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Naith said:

Woo Frost. Looks nice but I guess I was kind of hoping for something a little more wacky/intricate/complex (especially helm wise) like we've had with your awesome Mag, as he kinda looks like vanilla Frost but now embossed. Please don't take offence to my constructive criticism :/

I don't get offended easily ^^ it's ok, and i actually agree. This is what happens when you make a skin for a warframe with a very specific look (Mesa, Chroma) and lots of weird geometry that doesn't look like anything else except for what it is (10 points to the first person who can tell me what Frost inspiration is, let's see if you know XD)... you can't really make it look something else. Mag is very different, Mag is like Nova or Excalibur just human shaped ... they can become whatever you want. On the other hand i can't turn Frost into something that doesn't look like a different decorated Frost cause no matter what i do he's still going to have his dress, backpack, crab head and neack, engines on the arms ecc.

 

I hope it's ok that i've decided to show you what will happen with many other warframes as long as i can't change the base model with one of the best option i had ^^

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HitsuSan said:

I don't get offended easily ^^ it's ok, and i actually agree. This is what happens when you make a skin for a warframe with a very specific look (Mesa, Chroma) and lots of weird geometry that doesn't look like anything else except for what it is (10 points to the first person who can tell me what Frost inspiration is, let's see if you know XD)... you can't really make it look something else. Mag is very different, Mag is like Nova or Excalibur just human shaped ... they can become whatever you want. On the other hand i can't turn Frost into something that doesn't look like a different decorated Frost cause no matter what i do he's still going to have his dress, backpack, crab head and neack, engines on the arms ecc.

 

I hope it's ok that i've decided to show you what will happen with many other warframes as long as i can't change the base model with one of the best option i had ^^

Yeah I kind of thought one of the reasons might've been that Frost may have been difficult to work with and give a more unique look. I take it he'll also have the benefits of Pbr or whatever update your Zephyr skin recently received too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

On the other hand i can't turn Frost into something that doesn't look like a different decorated Frost cause no matter what i do he's still going to have his dress, backpack, crab head and neack, engines on the arms ecc.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Malice - just an example. It seems to me that the crab head wasn't really necessary?

That's just a guess, because I'm not a 3D artist myself, so maybe I'm not aware of some restrictions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Rurabomber said:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Malice - just an example. It seems to me that the crab head wasn't really necessary?

That's just a guess, because I'm not a 3D artist myself, so maybe I'm not aware of some restrictions.

Lol yeah, but when i do that kind of transformations people shout at me that' it's not how's supposed to be XD Anyway i wasn't going for something that crazy, i just wanted to make one simple idea for once, if i had a crazy helmet like that that doesn't match the rest of the body it kinda sucks.

 

41 minutes ago, Naith said:

Yeah I kind of thought one of the reasons might've been that Frost may have been difficult to work with and give a more unique look. I take it he'll also have the benefits of Pbr or whatever update your Zephyr skin recently received too?

He's all pbr'd like all of my skins (they were like that already, i just fixed some materials that i wasn't happy with once the models reached the game with one of the last update ;). Emperor has 5 different materials on it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I called it.. He looks so adorable and fierce. I want it. I especially like the sleekness of the skin. So many textures. Hope it gets in for all the hard work you did to get it out in time for this.

I'm gonna have to choose between this and Hailstorm.. oh boy i don't wanna choose. I love them all. This looks like a syandana round though. I hope all your stuff gets in anyway!!

I need to start saving up money.

Edited by Espelonia
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice Frost skin. Reminds me of this for some reason:

Burger-King-mascot.jpg

My only issue is that, once again, his front is very plain. I'm not sure why everyone makes Frost skins with his front being plain. DE does the same thing. Faven did the same thing with his Grost skin. His front needs some detail, even if it's just a pattern and not a different normal map. I say the same thing about his forearms. They're just way too plain. Just my opinion, though.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...