Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

23 minutes ago, Espelonia said:

I called it.. He looks so adorable and fierce. I want it. I especially like the sleekness of the skin. So many textures. Hope it gets in for all the hard work you did to get it out in time for this.

I'm gonna have to choose between this and Hailstorm.. oh boy i don't wanna choose. I love them all. This looks like a syandana round though. I hope all your stuff gets in anyway!!

I need to start saving up money.

:) Thanks, i just finished updating all the materials. I don't know if i've made some mistake or the program didn't render them correctly (i really have to change video card, i'm having so many issues) but i just realized that pretty much everything was of the same material >_> Anyway, it was just a matter of re exporting correctly and pack everything back together so you can go and have a second look at the skin on sketchfab if you're having trouble to decide ^^ I'll publish some color schemes tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, AntoineFlemming said:

Nice Frost skin. Reminds me of this for some reason:

Burger-King-mascot.jpg

My only issue is that, once again, his front is very plain. I'm not sure why everyone makes Frost skins with his front being plain. DE does the same thing. Faven did the same thing with his Grost skin. His front needs some detail, even if it's just a pattern and not a different normal map. I say the same thing about his forearms. They're just way too plain. Just my opinion, though.

He's definitely on a king attire ^^

I'll explain the front detail problem, it's a design rule that most people follow without even knowing why. When you have a fancy dress the front is usually less complicated than the back cause details attract attention and you want most of the detail area of distribution close to the face of a person so that you don't get distracted or your eyes don't wander around that much. On the back though there's no face so you have one general area where it's much more detailed in order to get attention from the viewers around you, so that when you turn to face them all the front details are in the face area and you've got their full attention. Fashion design it's so fascinating ^^  (BTW there are lots of ways to approach this problem and this is just one of the simplest way achieve a very good result)

Though if you don't like it to be that plain you can pretty much use any armor on it and it will look cool because there's not too much disrupting lines or complicated shapes (like Hagoromo, almost every front armor looks worse than the model itself on it cause the shapes are all interconnected and very intricate, there's no space for further customization unlike this Emperor ;D )

54 minutes ago, derp215 said:

Whew, nice Frost!  Just one question: is the crown and the gold bits colorable? Well, I surely hope this makes it into Tennogen. Keep up the good work, Alex!

Lol, I think you mean Hitsu.

5 hours ago, derp215 said:

Whew, nice Frost!  Just one question: is the crown and the gold bits colorable? Well, I surely hope this makes it into Tennogen. Keep up the good work, Alex!

Yes the gold parts are colorable as always ;) I'm sorry i had to fix a problem with the materials before making all the color scheme screenshots, expect them later in the day!

PS: Who's Alex? XD Is this one of those situations when the bride discovers that you're cheating?

22 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Yes the gold parts are colorable as always ;) I'm sorry i had to fix a problem with the materials before making all the color scheme screenshots, expect them later in the day!

PS: Who's Alex? XD Is this one of those situations when the bride discovers that you're cheating?

Oh lol, I was thinking about someone else, well that was awkward! Note to self: don't type when just woke up.

EDIT: oh wait, isn't your name Alessandro (italian for Alex)?

I like this Frost. At least it's a complete design rework instead of some destroyed or battle skin. It looks consistent in its whole, and the plain area on the front will make space for armor and sigil. And some parts reminded me of Visage. I like the helmet, but it's hard for me to get rid of the Squall helmet ("you spin my head right round right round"). If only people could create those effects for their helmets...

Anyway, you pushed the bar so high with Nova Visage that people are expecting something of this level every time you're about to publish something new.

2 hours ago, derp215 said:

Oh lol, I was thinking about someone else, well that was awkward! Note to self: don't type when just woke up.

EDIT: oh wait, isn't your name Alessandro (italian for Alex)?

Actually yes my name is Alessandro but it's very uncommon to use Alex, people just call me Ale (which doesn't sound good in english ^^) or just Hitsu which sounds like a short version of my surname so it's more personal ;)

32 minutes ago, matto said:

If only people could create those effects for their helmets...

Anyway, you pushed the bar so high with Nova Visage that people are expecting something of this level every time you're about to publish something new.

I can, it's not even hard ^^ I just never found a good idea for it so far.

You're totally right btw matto, i could have done it for Frost too (well, not in about 2 weeks which is a cool record so far XD) but he's definitely super hard to work with (i've already explained why) so i thought to try something safe and classing to see the response. Turns out that if i make something extremely wild people get mad cause it's too wild, if i make something more classic people are not really interested in it, not even those who complain for the wild designs. Don't get me wrong, i still tried my best to make it look as good as i could but i had to know in which direction i should keep on focusing from now on (and especially what are the warframes that suits the task better) so Emperor is a good counter test for the future but i want you to know that for no reason i intend to leave it behind, i'm still working on improving it (i've already fixed some material problems, changed a bunch of values here and there) and if there will be problems if it reaches the game soon i'll work on fixing them with top priority as i did for any other skin i've made so far.

Kay we got Burger King Frost now we just need a Dairy Queen based frame and this will all be perfect. XD

Nah but so beautifully done. All of them. Your skins look so deluxe at this point. Knowing you did this without changing the model makes it even more amazing. I can't even imagine what you'd do with Oberon, Vauban, or even Equinox. (I really wish Equinox was available but that's like three skins. So much work. What would you even make her look like? Dual Pirates?? That would be hilarious.) Anyway, these are the kind of skins and syandanas I'd pay way over price for. Not gonna lie. If your skins were $20 per skin I'd probably still pay.. with the money I don't have but still. :)

Keep up the great work though! After that well deserved rest. Oh and a side question someone could've asked before now. Were you at Tennocon? 

1 minute ago, Espelonia said:

Kay we got Burger King Frost now we just need a Dairy Queen based frame and this will all be perfect. XD

Nah but so beautifully done. All of them. Your skins look so deluxe at this point. Knowing you did this without changing the model makes it even more amazing. I can't even imagine what you'd do with Oberon, Vauban, or even Equinox. (I really wish Equinox was available but that's like three skins. So much work. What would you even make her look like? Dual Pirates?? That would be hilarious.) Anyway, these are the kind of skins and syandanas I'd pay way over price for. Not gonna lie. If your skins were $20 per skin I'd probably still pay.. with the money I don't have but still. :)

Keep up the great work though! After that well deserved rest. Oh and a side question someone could've asked before now. Were you at Tennocon? 

Thanks Espelonia :) On that note... i've just changed ALL the materials on Emperor from scratch, i wasn't really fond of the final result XD now it's way better... You can go see it on sketchfab, i haven't updated the artstation one yet.

Uhm no i wasn't at tennocon, i would had let you know in that case. I was thinking about going but a flight from my country would had costed me more than 1k dollars... just the flight ^^" 

4 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Thanks Espelonia :) On that note... i've just changed ALL the materials on Emperor from scratch, i wasn't really fond of the final result XD now it's way better... You can go see it on sketchfab, i haven't updated the artstation one yet.

Uhm no i wasn't at tennocon, i would had let you know in that case. I was thinking about going but a flight from my country would had costed me more than 1k dollars... just the flight ^^" 

Yeah, no probs. Super tiny goose bumps on the Frosty. Looks nice. Looked nice at every point in this though.

Oh boy. Sorry to hear about Tennocon. I didn't know. You probably would've been super popular. Now that I think about it I don't even wanna know how expensive it is from where I'm at. :\

12 minutes ago, Espelonia said:

Yeah, no probs. Super tiny goose bumps on the Frosty. Looks nice. Looked nice at every point in this though.

Oh boy. Sorry to hear about Tennocon. I didn't know. You probably would've been super popular. Now that I think about it I don't even wanna know how expensive it is from where I'm at. :\

If they make another one next year i'ts going to be better cause i'll have more time to prepare and i won't be spending that much to fly there ^^

Also if you think Emperor looks nice on the new model preview check it out on a proper engine ^^ 

3 minutes ago, KWANi said:

This looks a lot better but you do realize its way past the deadline for this right?

Yeah, but i don't see a problem with that ^^ If they've chosen it for the next round the sooner i update it the better it is so they can implement the updated version and i don't have to waste their time later and if they didn't i still want to make it better for the next round. I'm working so hard on this that i didn't even had the time to update the screenshots... i know i'm neglecting popularity but i care much more about the quality right now >_>

I'm kinda happy with the new materials rework though, it feels much better and i probably won't touch it anymore from now on unless i find some major mistake that really needs to be corrected or your game explodes when you launch it... stuff like that ^^

1 minute ago, LoreKeeper-Ronan- said:

I would use the Frost and the Excal Skin, except I'd probably use Regular Excal Helm. And the Vulpe Syandana, Simple, yet elegantly majestic!

Thanks man! :D I believe it's 5 hours left before we know what's going to be in the game next!

Congratulations Hitsu, Caduto did it this round, hopefully we can see emperor on the next one. 

the only thing I didn't like is having all 3 Excalibur skins I wanted being packed in the same batch while we keep stuck with 3 customization slots... I guess I'm getting and putting some forma on a second Excal xD

You're doing an amazing job with your skins, and I'm glad of DE being devs able to see such talent and effort on community members (this goes for every cobtent creator too) greetings! :D

Nice to see your Excalibur Skin accepted, congratulations.

I do understand where DE are coming from when they say its very similar to Ash and Ash Prime.

Either way, looks like Excalibur may be coming out of "Arsenal Stasis" once this next batch of tennogen are released. 

Archived