Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

12 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

It's another japanese tale inspired skin, which means that i'm making it with a similar visual style than Hagoromo Zephyr while being completely different. This skin for Ivara makes a lot of sense in the warframe lore too because of the tale that i'm taking inspiration from :P It's going to be cool! Not sure if it's going to be in time.... 

I immediately thought Ghost in the shell but then I remembered that it's not technically a tale :D

14 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

It's another japanese tale inspired skin, which means that i'm making it with a similar visual style than Hagoromo Zephyr while being completely different. This skin for Ivara makes a lot of sense in the warframe lore too because of the tale that i'm taking inspiration from :P It's going to be cool! Not sure if it's going to be in time.... 

I am looking forward to it so much - even if you can't get it completed in time for the current deadline, I'll be looking forward to it whenever it is finally complete. Good luck!

Just now, dstrawberrygirl said:

I am looking forward to it so much - even if you can't get it completed in time for the current deadline, I'll be looking forward to it whenever it is finally complete. Good luck!

Thank you :)

Ivara skin!? Heck yea! Sadly, I've no interest in frost, ash, or nyx, so hearing that you're working on one of my fav frames is super exciting :D

btw, I'd love to see some concept art of your previous works, assuming it exists. It'd be really cool to see your thought process as you create your skins

5 hours ago, EchoesOfRain said:

Ivara skin!? Heck yea! Sadly, I've no interest in frost, ash, or nyx, so hearing that you're working on one of my fav frames is super exciting :D

btw, I'd love to see some concept art of your previous works, assuming it exists. It'd be really cool to see your thought process as you create your skins

Uhm i don't really do concept art for my skins cause i'm in the weird position of actually being a concept artist so most of the time when i'm thinking about the project i'll draw the design on the model itself... my process for making skins is way closer to the way a fashion stylist thinks about a dress more than a character artist making a character because the character is already there and i don't have to figure out body shapes, posture and silhouette so it's way faster for me to skip the concept phase and jump on the design phase directly on the body... like you would do if you were making a dress :)

If Saturnia gets published i'll post some screenshots of her early design stages ;) 

1 hour ago, Melos-mevim said:

all I want for an ivara is skin is the ability to finally be able to color her completely!

hate how so much of her default skin is more of a tint than actually choice of color

So if it's super ugly it's still ok? XD

9 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Uhm i don't really do concept art for my skins cause i'm in the weird position of actually being a concept artist so most of the time when i'm thinking about the project i'll draw the design on the model itself... my process for making skins is way closer to the way a fashion stylist thinks about a dress more than a character artist making a character because the character is already there and i don't have to figure out body shapes, posture and silhouette so it's way faster for me to skip the concept phase and jump on the design phase directly on the body... like you would do if you were making a dress :)

If Saturnia gets published i'll post some screenshots of her early design stages ;) 

I actually figured this might be the case lol

Can't wait for the Ivara teasers x3

2 hours ago, Melos-mevim said:

yeah but you have yet to release anything that to my knowledge that is as bad as the default ivara in that regards 

I don't plan to ;) I'm working to finish the helmet btw, it's going to be a race to paint her in a few days but i might be able to! So far seems totally doable!

I'm adding the final touches XD racing against the time, not actually rushing anything though.... i'll probably have to stay awake till late to take some screenshots and put the 3d model somewhere though... it always takes a ton of time :|

4 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

I'm adding the final touches XD racing against the time, not actually rushing anything though.... i'll probably have to stay awake till late to take some screenshots and put the 3d model somewhere though... it always takes a ton of time :|

Image result for excitement intensifies gif

I love her, I hope both, Nyx and Ivara make it in the next round since they are my favorite pvp frames

Good Luck! :D

Edit: since there are syandanas with moving pieces, do you know DE's stance on helms with animated pieces too? (Like Nova Prime or both of Nidus', for example) I guess it would be amazing to see something like that.

Nice job as always, Hitsu. Took the frog and made her a rabbit, eh?

Anywho, concerning your next project, you have any plans to get around to Best Starter yet? You've had Mag and Excal done for a while now, seems appropriate to round out the trio.

1 hour ago, HitsuSan said:

Say hello to Youkai Ivara ! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=893248390

4ECFA36E4D7EC41CF28B2576F77DB73460C529AFA764351608863DC0A6F394FA41FC8B9CB6A21D2ABFE5E40A710DFD7476C541FF24A69F02CD967B22

Sorry if it's not fancy posed ^^ i've managed to publish it 1 hour before the next round deadline lol... told you i'd made it in time!

You think you can fool us? That's not Ivara, there is no clipping. Shame on you!

I would totally buy this. If DE doesn't pick this it's because they're salty you made a better Ivara helmet than they apparently could.

1 hour ago, -Stormdragon said:

I love her, I hope both, Nyx and Ivara make it in the next round since they are my favorite pvp frames

Good Luck! :D

Edit: since there are syandanas with moving pieces, do you know DE's stance on helms with animated pieces too? (Like Nova Prime or both of Nidus', for example) I guess it would be amazing to see something like that.

I've asked for fluffy ears of course, if there's time they'll make it i'm sure :)

51 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

can i kiss you yet hitsu san ?

Sure, if you can catch me!

44 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

@HitsuSan Have you thought about making a Bow skin that matches the Youkai skin? :3

Of course, it's the first thing i've asked before even starting and they told me they're not allowing other type of weapons such as bows :(

13 minutes ago, Vulture051 said:

You think you can fool us? That's not Ivara, there is no clipping. Shame on you!

I would totally buy this. If DE doesn't pick this it's because they're salty you made a better Ivara helmet than they apparently could.

Haha i don't think so ^^ but thanks!

Archived