Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

@HitsuSanSo I started playing Mag for the first time in years. Immediately fell in love and went out and bought some TG for her within the first hour. Alata was a must and I've combined it with the nifty Daft Punk-esque helmet too. Though something's bothering me immensely and it's the hovering arm pieces near her wrists. The gold and textures are incredibly fuzzy near the elbow area and slowly going down, almost as if there are compression issues. Is this something you'd be able to fix? Everything else is great but my eyes slowly get drawn to this one flaw right now, sometimes making me wish we could disable them.

Oz0Zvti.jpg?1

3 hours ago, Valiant said:

@HitsuSanSo I started playing Mag for the first time in years. Immediately fell in love and went out and bought some TG for her within the first hour. Alata was a must and I've combined it with the nifty Daft Punk-esque helmet too. Though something's bothering me immensely and it's the hovering arm pieces near her wrists. The gold and textures are incredibly fuzzy near the elbow area and slowly going down, almost as if there are compression issues. Is this something you'd be able to fix? Everything else is great but my eyes slowly get drawn to this one flaw right now, sometimes making me wish we could disable them.

Oz0Zvti.jpg?1

Sorry Valiant but i can't do anything about that ^^

The problem is that piece should just have one material cause it's more compressed than it should be and i kinda forced it to have different materials for the sake of fashion but the only way i can fix something like that is to make it a single material again. Unless DE decides to use double the resolution for textures (they have them anyway but it will require lots of work and the game would be significantly bigger to install) there's not much that can be done about it :|

Thank you so much for buying Alata though :D i'm glad you're enjoying it!

16 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Yeah think I prefer this new nyx to your previous. Nice changes and she looks rather slick :thumbup:

Can't see any credible reason as to why it shouldn't be in the next lineup.

Haha awesome! Hopeffully, right? ^^

14 minutes ago, (PS4)HELLKITE_503 said:

Just amazing

:D tnx

Just now, ljmadruga said:

It’s  a shame because this skin is so good but Nyx is so meh.

Because her abilities work like a passive, right? Maybe we shoudl ask DE for a little rework but they only take in consideration actually played warframes :) maybe i can bring them to think about it if you guys make a lot of noise about this skin? XD 

Just a thought :D

Just now, HitsuSan said:

Because her abilities work like a passive, right? Maybe we shoudl ask DE for a little rework but they only take in consideration actually played warframes :) maybe i can bring them to think about it if you guys make a lot of noise about this skin? XD 

Just a thought :D

Nyx isn't really bad.  She's just underrated in comparison to some of the more flashier Warframes.  Octavia has abilities that are also passive-like and folks still play her.  

We all know who will love this skin the most.  I expect to see it on PrimeTime not long after it's approved.  :smile:

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Nyx isn't really bad.  She's just underrated in comparison to some of the more flashier Warframes.  Octavia has abilities that are also passive-like and folks still play her.  

We all know who will love this skin the most.  I expect to see it on PrimeTime not long after it's approved.  :smile:

Who's that? O_o

Цитата

Octavia has abilities that are also passive-like and folks still play her.  

Cause they actually do something...

Octavia's abilities also can play game themselves, lol. You jsut toss your death roller ball and whole room under lv 50 or so is dead in a matter of seconds. Nyx on the other hand can be used at best in kuva misisons for some cc and some damage mitigation - but no one who does kuva needs it, really. Other than that is pretty useless which is a shame. I don't really like how Octavia looks but she is way more useful - this is the main and oftentimes the only reason why players use something and that's what DE hates and also don't grasp. But that's an off topic.

35 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Cause they actually do something...

Octavia's abilities also can play game themselves, lol. You jsut toss your death roller ball and whole room under lv 50 or so is dead in a matter of seconds. Nyx on the other hand can be used at best in kuva misisons for some cc and some damage mitigation - but no one who does kuva needs it, really. Other than that is pretty useless which is a shame. I don't really like how Octavia looks but she is way more useful - this is the main and oftentimes the only reason why players use something and that's what DE hates and also don't grasp. But that's an off topic.

I think you're right though, Warframe abilities need to be more engaging otherwise they're boring to play, that's the main reason behind the latest Ash rework as well so i think we have a pretty good chance to see a Nyx rework :)

@HitsuSan i think it goes without a saying that ill vote that skin up, have actually voted for all of urs so far and this one is kind of the usual quality from u. sadly by this point there are some tennogen creators where the quality is already a sure thing so the impact isnt as WOAH anymore but nonetheless lovely skin for nyx for sure. personally if i had to nitpick about anything it would be the "headtail". if it was really long with physics like a syandana it'd be pure love. still nice skin, as usually. any teaser of whats next ?

37 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

I think you're right though, Warframe abilities need to be more engaging otherwise they're boring to play, that's the main reason behind the latest Ash rework as well so i think we have a pretty good chance to see a Nyx rework :)

What I’d like to see is a different passive that separates her from Loki and more focus on her first 2 abilities. I’d like to be able to mind control multiple enemies at once and have some use for psychic bolts. Tying them in with chaos and absorb would be sweet as well.

1 hour ago, Xydeth said:

@HitsuSan i think it goes without a saying that ill vote that skin up, have actually voted for all of urs so far and this one is kind of the usual quality from u. sadly by this point there are some tennogen creators where the quality is already a sure thing so the impact isnt as WOAH anymore but nonetheless lovely skin for nyx for sure. personally if i had to nitpick about anything it would be the "headtail". if it was really long with physics like a syandana it'd be pure love. still nice skin, as usually. any teaser of whats next ?

It's understandable :) That would have been cool i guess but i don't want it compared too much to something existing already, i think this version balances the helmet very well though :)

36 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

What I’d like to see is a different passive that separates her from Loki and more focus on her first 2 abilities. I’d like to be able to mind control multiple enemies at once and have some use for psychic bolts. Tying them in with chaos and absorb would be sweet as well.

Ah yes, something like that! :D

Just wanted to pop in to say, I happened to see your new nyx skin by chance and think you finally nailed it! I'm not a Nyx player, so I'm probably going to pass on it, but it's definitely much better than the Saturnia skin and more in line with the style of your other works. I see no reason why this shouldn't get accepted

1 hour ago, EchoesOfRain said:

Just wanted to pop in to say, I happened to see your new nyx skin by chance and think you finally nailed it! I'm not a Nyx player, so I'm probably going to pass on it, but it's definitely much better than the Saturnia skin and more in line with the style of your other works. I see no reason why this shouldn't get accepted

Thank you so much ! ;D

Archived