Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

2 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

I finally bought your Zephyr skin !
It's been a long time since I wanted it, but I wasn't playing Zephyr at all. It still don't play her but the skin work so well with the prime part :0

Zephyr1.png
Zephyr2.png

Thank you so much for buying it Lukinu_u! I'm glad you like it 🙂

Zeph is a cool warframe to play though XD

@HitsuSanNot sure whether's intended or not but after the update I checked out my Zephyr (as they made an update to another Zeph TG skin so I wanted to compare) and I've noticed the chest and other areas are considerably darker. They used to be bright white, as that was the colour I had been using, but instead they're almost grey and something looks off with the shader as it looks blocky. Using it with the prime parts enabled.

il y a 1 minute, Valiant a dit :

@HitsuSanNot sure whether's intended or not but after the update I checked out my Zephyr (as they made an update to another Zeph TG skin so I wanted to compare) and I've noticed the chest and other areas are considerably darker. They used to be bright white, as that was the colour I had been using, but instead they're almost grey and something looks off with the shader as it looks blocky. Using it with the prime parts enabled.

It's not just on Zephyr. The same is happening with the dexcalibur skin and probably other skins. 

As of 22.20.2:

Improved the Hagoromo Zephyr Skins metallic materials at the request of the creator.

And it IS improved...although still not as good as it was originally. But that may just be due to DE's constant undocumented fiddling with the lighting system that seems to change every major update. Anyway, I'm putting together some comparisons now.

Comparisons below. (Warning, large images.) Leftmost is the original skin pre-rework, middle is post-rework, and rightmost is post-22.20.2 metallic improvements.

Spoiler

6swJVZ8.jpg

Spoiler

gPZkeur.jpg

Spoiler

nBRFDbY.jpg

Spoiler

p6Md2Qh.jpg

You can see the metals definitely catch and reflect light better than they did immediately post-rework. Not as much as the original skin, but as you can probably tell from these screens, there have been changes to the global lighting since then that have made everything less bright and warm than they used to be; you can see this on the equipped armor and syandana pieces.

While I still prefer the original, this post-22.20.2 improvement is definitely a step up from before. Thank you Hitsu-san for seeing, listening, and acting on this matter. (Although the triangles and other lighting elements are still washed out and desaturated compared to before.)

3 hours ago, Cryssoberyl said:

Comparisons below. (Warning, large images.) Leftmost is the original skin pre-rework, middle is post-rework, and rightmost is post-22.20.2 metallic improvements.

Hide contents

6swJVZ8.jpg

Hide contents

gPZkeur.jpg

Hide contents

nBRFDbY.jpg

Hide contents

p6Md2Qh.jpg

You can see the metals definitely catch and reflect light better than they did immediately post-rework. Not as much as the original skin, but as you can probably tell from these screens, there have been changes to the global lighting since then that have made everything less bright and warm than they used to be; you can see this on the equipped armor and syandana pieces.

While I still prefer the original, this post-22.20.2 improvement is definitely a step up from before. Thank you Hitsu-san for seeing, listening, and acting on this matter. (Although the triangles and other lighting elements are still washed out and desaturated compared to before.)

Oh finally ^^ The metallics don't reflect as much as before because i tuned down the "mirror-like" effect by 15% compared to the original (there's no way to tell how's going to end up looking ingame btw, after 3 years we're still fighting with this) in order to make the metallic surfaces more realistic, i like the smooth reflections way more than the point ones tbh!

I know what the emissive lights problem is so i'll submit another fix for it 😉 I hope that you like the skin details way better though, it's objectively 3-4 times more defined than it was before XD

Never saw the original metallics, only the second iteration, but I'm glad it seems we got a balance between the two as it definitely looks better this way.

Just gotta wait for the texture fix for the skin and others, if it hasn't been sorted out already.

10 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Never saw the original metallics, only the second iteration, but I'm glad it seems we got a balance between the two as it definitely looks better this way.

Just gotta wait for the texture fix for the skin and others, if it hasn't been sorted out already.

I think it's fixed 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Senketsu_ said:

Finally had enough cash to pick up your Nyx skin!

UjW2bKL.jpg

19 hours ago, Oxin said:

and on that day silence fell upon hitsu san's workshop

Haha not at all 😄 Internet problems! All solved now so, cool! Are you enjoying the skin? 😄

40 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Haha not at all 😄 Internet problems! All solved now so, cool! Are you enjoying the skin? 😄

its really nice. I like the physics on the mandible thingy. Now if DE would only give her a rework, cuz she really needs one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Hitsu San 

Long time fan of your work, i think own all but one of your skins. Do you know if there is anyway to get rid of the umbra parts when using your Caduto skin like there is with primes?

Really ruins the look

6 hours ago, Nixious said:

Hello Hitsu San 

Long time fan of your work, i think own all but one of your skins. Do you know if there is anyway to get rid of the umbra parts when using your Caduto skin like there is with primes?

Really ruins the look

Haha thank almost buying all of the skin i've done 😄 !

I though about the same thing when i got Umbra but then... there would be no way for telling him apart from Excalibur isn't it? ^^

2 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Haha thank almost buying all of the skin i've done 😄 !

I though about the same thing when i got Umbra but then... there would be no way for telling him apart from Excalibur isn't it? ^^

I think you skin looks awesome as Umbra.

Archived