Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

16 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

Hitsu, how am I to compete with your backside sculpting. That Night back flows super nicely.

Haha thanks but it didn't look you had any problems to me Vulbjorn! You can try to design shapes with big areas of colors and then add areas of details before you sculpt to define the flow and the crossing areas if any 🙂 That's generally what i do but it took a lot of practice of course, i'm one of those naturally not good at anything ^^"

So Hitsu mah boi, tell me, are you planning to make a skin for every warframe? Not requesting any in particular, just curious. And if the answer is yes...what will you do after you've made a skin for every warframe? I heard somewhere that there are more weapons that are going to be added to the list of available weapon Tennogen skins. Ever consider that? Again, not making requests, just curious 🙂

15 minutes ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

So Hitsu mah boi, tell me, are you planning to make a skin for every warframe? Not requesting any in particular, just curious. And if the answer is yes...what will you do after you've made a skin for every warframe? I heard somewhere that there are more weapons that are going to be added to the list of available weapon Tennogen skins. Ever consider that? Again, not making requests, just curious 🙂

Good question. In short yes but would i be able to? On average so far i'd say i could make 6 skins every year (most likely less), and on average DE is releasing about 3-4 new warframes each years so let's subtract them and we have a coverage of 2 to 3... There are 30+ warframes so far so if we'd started today it'll take me about 10 to 12 years to catch up ^^ That's more than double the amount Warframe as a game it's been released! Sounds crazy doesn't it? ^^

That being said though i'm considering hiring an artist to work with me that just makes weapons and stuff like that with my concepts and supervision but ...crunching some numbers... it might be very difficult and very experimental ^^

That is for weapons and syandanas but i'm definitely going to make operator accessories from day1 😉

Hi Hitsu-San,

I am a relatively new player (PS4) and new to this Tennogen creation, but I am a fan. Can't wait for the next Tennogen Round for console, and hopefully it will include the Round 13 stuff. I haven't go through all the pages, and it seems you are working on Equinox which looks awesome and in need of more love in terms of skins options. I am just wondering, if you have any plans for Gara? I have just started to build and play with her more, and she is becoming one of my favourite now. Like Equinox, she does need some loving too.

Regards,

laygen

1 hour ago, (PS4)laygen said:

Hi Hitsu-San,

I am a relatively new player (PS4) and new to this Tennogen creation, but I am a fan. Can't wait for the next Tennogen Round for console, and hopefully it will include the Round 13 stuff. I haven't go through all the pages, and it seems you are working on Equinox which looks awesome and in need of more love in terms of skins options. I am just wondering, if you have any plans for Gara? I have just started to build and play with her more, and she is becoming one of my favourite now. Like Equinox, she does need some loving too.

Regards,

laygen

Oh thank you 😄 I will probably work on Gara next year, i've made a poll on twitter and it looks like Valkyr is going to be the next warframe i'll work on followed by Oberon, they definitely are the most favorite warframes lately. I'm sorry you'll have to wait!

On 2018-07-21 at 1:35 PM, HitsuSan said:

Good question. In short yes but would i be able to? On average so far i'd say i could make 6 skins every year (most likely less), and on average DE is releasing about 3-4 new warframes each years so let's subtract them and we have a coverage of 2 to 3... There are 30+ warframes so far so if we'd started today it'll take me about 10 to 12 years to catch up ^^ That's more than double the amount Warframe as a game it's been released! Sounds crazy doesn't it? ^^

That being said though i'm considering hiring an artist to work with me that just makes weapons and stuff like that with my concepts and supervision but ...crunching some numbers... it might be very difficult and very experimental ^^

That is for weapons and syandanas but i'm definitely going to make operator accessories from day1 😉

Good god i never stopped to think about how many warframes we have now xD. And to think that more will come....And then the amount of time needed to make a fully polished skin, including all new helmets. And then to combine that with your personal life...dear god.

Also i think that when we are allowed to make operator accessories...i think that that's gonna be when i'm gonna try to make my debut. It's easier to start small and work my way up from there. Helmets, weapons and syandanas could work but there is so much you need to take into consideration. Designing accessories just seems easier and right up my alley since that's what i kinda do partly earn my money, designing is fun lol.

Wow, your actual WIP is Equinox !? i'm definitely love your Tennogen works, thank you !!! you are one of my favs "Tennogen guys" 😉

I'm actually using the Alata Mag Helmet (the "scratches" with energy is so nice), the Nova Visage Skin (for me, the actual best Nova body), the Frost Emperor Helmet (this crown is just gorgeous), The Officium Syandana (Corpus !!!) on some Frames.

I've others of your skins but, honestly, i don't really plays this frames : the Hagoromo Zephyr Skin + Helmet, the Caduto Excalibur Helmet, and i will have your Kodama loki Skin + Helmet in the future i think, because, for me, this skin is actually the best for Loki (i used Loki for opened some Rivens 😁)

9 hours ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

Good god i never stopped to think about how many warframes we have now xD. And to think that more will come....And then the amount of time needed to make a fully polished skin, including all new helmets. And then to combine that with your personal life...dear god.

Also i think that when we are allowed to make operator accessories...i think that that's gonna be when i'm gonna try to make my debut. It's easier to start small and work my way up from there. Helmets, weapons and syandanas could work but there is so much you need to take into consideration. Designing accessories just seems easier and right up my alley since that's what i kinda do partly earn my money, designing is fun lol.

Really? 😄 Are you into jewelry crafting? That's something i always wanted to try at least once 😄

You're right though, it might be easier in terms of time commitment for sure but the pipeline and all the things you need to know to make any warframe game object are the exact same so it's a good idea to start small like that.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Crazy_Mr_J said:

Wow, your actual WIP is Equinox !? i'm definitely love your Tennogen works, thank you !!! you are one of my favs "Tennogen guys" 😉

I'm actually using the Alata Mag Helmet (the "scratches" with energy is so nice), the Nova Visage Skin (for me, the actual best Nova body), the Frost Emperor Helmet (this crown is just gorgeous), The Officium Syandana (Corpus !!!) on some Frames.

I've others of your skins but, honestly, i don't really plays this frames : the Hagoromo Zephyr Skin + Helmet, the Caduto Excalibur Helmet, and i will have your Kodama loki Skin + Helmet in the future i think, because, for me, this skin is actually the best for Loki (i used Loki for opened some Rivens 😁)

Haha thank you so much for buying so many of my skins 😄 I'm also really glad you still enjoy them after a long time! And yeah Loki is definitely the best wf if you don't want to get caught XD

Anyway, sneak peak!

DjNeH-hW0AIvKmE.jpg:large

This Equinox back for the Day form is amazing. I'm really curious to see the Helmet Face; you already doing some works on it ?

I've creates long time ago 3 builds for my Equinox (1 generally for Fissures, 1 for the Night form in survive, and 1 other for the Day form in Io Defense or Sanctuary Onslaught) so, yes, i'm very excited to see Tennogen creators like you creating skins and helmets for Equinox :thumbup:

3 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Really? 😄 Are you into jewelry crafting? That's something i always wanted to try at least once 😄

You're right though, it might be easier in terms of time commitment for sure but the pipeline and all the things you need to know to make any warframe game object are the exact same so it's a good idea to start small like that.

Haha thank you so much for buying so many of my skins 😄 I'm also really glad you still enjoy them after a long time! And yeah Loki is definitely the best wf if you don't want to get caught XD

Anyway, sneak peak!

I didn't realize that this body type look like this when he/she dont have circle around here....but for skin its just weary cool like all your works...big like 😏👍 and I don't like simplicity and that is why I like this 1,because you show that is possible to look much better from original.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Crazy_Mr_J said:

This Equinox back for the Day form is amazing. I'm really curious to see the Helmet Face; you already doing some works on it ?

I've creates long time ago 3 builds for my Equinox (1 generally for Fissures, 1 for the Night form in survive, and 1 other for the Day form in Io Defense or Sanctuary Onslaught) so, yes, i'm very excited to see Tennogen creators like you creating skins and helmets for Equinox :thumbup:

Yeah i've made the helmet but it's not done 🙂 also just so you know the front part is even better but i'll show you that in a couple of days once i finish detailing this a little more!

10 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

I didn't realize that this body type look like this when he/she dont have circle around here....but for skin its just weary cool like all your works...big like 😏👍 and I don't like simplicity and that is why I like this 1,because you show that is possible to look much better from original.

Haha yeah i've removed 2 circles cause i need to see ^^ they're in the way! also thnx!

Interesting! I really am liking the Equinox design! I still wish Tennogen creators had a little more liberty with the body sculpts similar to helmet design! 

The amount of time it takes to create skins or anything within digital sculpting is intensive. I'd like to add some designs to Warframe, but thought differently when I saw that there was no way I could without quitting my day job! 

I ran into previous problems when I would paint figures and sculpt. Apoxie Sculpt is still one of the mediums to sculpt besides actual clay! 

I've really wanted to make maquettes for some of my Warframes. I really didn't like the one's endorsed by DE. It takes so long to make them as well! Jewelry is the same, but at least with jewrlry you can make a profit to pay for bigger projects. Great work as always, HitsuSan! 

6 hours ago, Hypodermique said:

What an amazing concept! I'm in love with it already.

Little question: does it have metalic parts?

Keep up with the good work, can't wait to see the end results!

Haha nice 😄 What you see in yellow it usually ends up being metallic in my sculpts btw 🙂

2 hours ago, (XB1)ZenithLord 42 said:

Interesting! I really am liking the Equinox design! I still wish Tennogen creators had a little more liberty with the body sculpts similar to helmet design! 

The amount of time it takes to create skins or anything within digital sculpting is intensive. I'd like to add some designs to Warframe, but thought differently when I saw that there was no way I could without quitting my day job! 

I ran into previous problems when I would paint figures and sculpt. Apoxie Sculpt is still one of the mediums to sculpt besides actual clay! 

I've really wanted to make maquettes for some of my Warframes. I really didn't like the one's endorsed by DE. It takes so long to make them as well! Jewelry is the same, but at least with jewrlry you can make a profit to pay for bigger projects. Great work as always, HitsuSan! 

Thanks ! 😄 Yeah it takes a long time to learn all about 3d and sculpting but you can still do it even if you have a fulltime job pretty much like you can learn to play a couple of songs on a guitar or anything else that's worth really. The problem is that you won't be able to be at a professional level if you don't put the same amount of time in as a professional is so you should expect to take a long time and not be at a high level for a long time... which is why most people quit ^^ too frustrating. But then again not every tennogen artist is a professional or it was before getting into it so it's not impossible at all if you want to try! 🙂 

On 2018-07-29 at 9:56 AM, HitsuSan said:

Anyway, sneak peak!

Yeah, it started as a hobby and now it's a part time job. It's a very delicate procedure but it gives such a satisfying feeling when you see the end result. Something i'm sure you relate to lol.

But considering all i already am able to do, i wonder how far we are actually allowed to go. I personally love masks, full masks, i mean. I'm all for making small masks that cover the upper or lower face but i would love to make a full mask. I also wonder if Operator TennoGen will expand to making hoods. I mean technically those are also accessories cause the masks you can buy in Cetus are also full masks yet they are in the hoods section. Same with the new one we got after Sacrifice released.

So you know...little food for thought.

Also damn man. Again...that back...beautiful.

On 2018-07-24 at 3:41 PM, HitsuSan said:

Oh thank you 😄 I will probably work on Gara next year, i've made a poll on twitter and it looks like Valkyr is going to be the next warframe i'll work on followed by Oberon, they definitely are the most favorite warframes lately. I'm sorry you'll have to wait!

Would it be okay to ask where the poll is because like I would also like to throw my hat into the ring for Gara actualy, her, Rhino, Valkyr are the ones I would like to see most get your lovely skins.

Nice to hear Valkyr is next though, none of her current ones really are all that appealing to me.

16 hours ago, Sunnyko said:

Would it be okay to ask where the poll is because like I would also like to throw my hat into the ring for Gara actualy, her, Rhino, Valkyr are the ones I would like to see most get your lovely skins.

Nice to hear Valkyr is next though, none of her current ones really are all that appealing to me.

Oh well the polls are closed now cause i already have 2 more skins to do after this but i'll do another one after those and to let you choose the next warframes you want me to work on to 🙂 I'll let you know!

20 hours ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

Yeah, it started as a hobby and now it's a part time job. It's a very delicate procedure but it gives such a satisfying feeling when you see the end result. Something i'm sure you relate to lol.

But considering all i already am able to do, i wonder how far we are actually allowed to go. I personally love masks, full masks, i mean. I'm all for making small masks that cover the upper or lower face but i would love to make a full mask. I also wonder if Operator TennoGen will expand to making hoods. I mean technically those are also accessories cause the masks you can buy in Cetus are also full masks yet they are in the hoods section. Same with the new one we got after Sacrifice released.

So you know...little food for thought.

Also damn man. Again...that back...beautiful.

That sounds cool! As long as the boundaries there's a tennogen guide already for accessories floating around but nothing final or confirmed, no full face masks as long as i can tell though!

Also it's awesome that you were able to make your hobby into a part time job 😄

Archived