Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

1 hour ago, HitsuSan said:

Well... i Love playing as Frost so he's probably going to be really close and after Nova i want to make some male frames but the first one is going to probably be Excalibur because i have a really dope idea already for that. If you can wait i'll make it worth it ;)

OH YASSSSSS... Give some Love to Frost.. and Excalibur skin..? I wiggling money for all of your Skins right now...

4 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Well... i Love playing as Frost so he's probably going to be really close and after Nova i want to make some male frames but the first one is going to probably be Excalibur because i have a really dope idea already for that. If you can wait i'll make it worth it ;)

Oh yeah ^_^

I can definitely wait. Main thing is that you're a fan of Frost :community:

8 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

i could upload directly the model with sketchfab now

I highly recommend it, it gives so much more control over your materials and lighting than P3D and allows you to add annotations and all sorts of neato stuff.

It also perfectly embeds into Steam Workshop, tested it with the Rota and it runs and looks great.

Excalibur needs some complete rework ^^ 

I'll go watch your syandana alex, did they put a tintmask support? I was even thinking about making my own visualizer with color selection but i don't think it will help much over the screenshots or a video.

Ohh i'm sorry Dom :( i hope DE is working hard on bringing tennogen on console too!

Lol Tamamo-no-Mae, soon!

Also the jetpack works so good on zephyr :) grats to MasterNoob for such a good job, is that you alexmach1 right? i've got some problems with names... XD

Nah it wouldn't :) Why would i want to show you an unfinished inferior version of the final product i'm making?

Plus the programs do all the work for me, i just show up one day in front of my pc and the model is done XD didn't you know that?

2 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Nah it wouldn't :) Why would i want to show you an unfinished inferior version of the final product i'm making?

Because the primary function of a forum is to receive feedback; advertising is a side effect and shouldn't be the primary goal. 

I'm using it to stay in touch with people who like what i do, answer questions and give some updates on where i'm at. Advertising has nothing to do with what's going on here and frankly i don't understand why you're saying that.

For the sake of clarity though the main reason why i don't post work in progress and ask for feedback is cause when i need it i'll go ask directly to other professional artists of which judgement i trust. Posting work in progress images with unfinished work without needing the feedback would be advertising with an inferior version of the final product in this case and would go against both of our arguments ^^

2 minutes ago, alexmach1 said:

It's just kinda frustrating that you post these content-less updates and then when anyone tries to offer their opinion you say "I'll just ask professionals", it's off-putting.

That never happened alex

1 hour ago, alexmach1 said:

It's just kinda frustrating that you post these content-less updates and then when anyone tries to offer their opinion you say "I'll just ask professionals", it's off-putting.

I can understand why Hitsu-San would prefer feedback from people who know what they're doing. When they give feedback it won't just be "change this or that" but they'll also possibly add a "this is *how* you change this or that" since they know what they're doing and know the software used to create these tennogen items. 
Us forum users, not understanding the difficulty and limits of the programs, we might expect something that is quite impossible or way too much work to achieve. 

And on that same note, Hitsu-San is clearly not a novice when it comes to creating/editing models. She/He has confidence in his work and doesn't need the constant approval/suggestions of nobodies on the internet. So I understand why he/she would want to wait to present a finished product from a professional point of view. You don't see BMW posting work-in-progress cars asking for feedback from the public. ;) 

When/If Hitsu-San wants feedback from us, she/he would surely ask for it and we'd be more than happy to reply then :)

(Sorry Hitsu-San... I honestly don't know if you're a he or she >.<'')

I'm male. And you're mostly correct Leahzar :) I say mostly because even if what i've said it's true (that i ask to other professionals if i need a suggestion on the design side) it actually never happened on a job cause i don't allow it. I might not mention it much but i am a concept artist (former i guess, i did programming for the past year other than 3d modeling now) so find solutions to design problems is what i've become good at with a lot of hard work and i don't need to ask for help to find a good answer, i know how to find one. 

I hope the rest of you guys don't mind if i just work hard on these skins without sharing any early screenshots of wip that are never representative of anything ^^

@HitsuSan If you're not looking for feedback, the most important reason to post WiP images is to build hype.

@alexmach1 Yeah, I'm not sure why Hitsu is posting updates saying "I'm working on _" when they don't have any images to show and don't want feedback of any kind. If you're not going to post WiP images and don't want feedback, then it doesn't really make sense to add a bunch of  "updates" that say you're doing this or that.

Yeah, I'm not sure why Hitsu is posting updates saying "I'm working on _" when they don't have any images to show and don't want feedback of any kind. If you're not going to post WiP images and don't want feedback, then it doesn't really make sense to add a bunch of  "updates" that say you're doing this or that

I don't understand it either. Insecurity of one self's ego maybe? But hey its his thread so maybe the best thing to do is to ignore it and just look for it in steam workshop. 

So, let me get this straight... one says it's bad to advertise, another one says to post images to advertise, and another one is saying i'm just posting for my ego?

How about i'm just letting the people who cares know that i'm working for what they have suggested me to work on so they have a general idea on when to come back to see the final result and all of you are just being rude for who knows what reason. This is what's going on.

I suggest all of you to please ignore my workshop thread if you don't find anything interesting here and i ask you to stop this kind of discussion. I do not intend to reply further to this argument. If any of you think i'm doing something wrong here you're welcome to report me.

Also, little update for those who are here to know about this stuff, it was a fast day and even if i had to go back and change 40% of the model at the beginning of the week i'm still possibly on track to release the skin Sunday or maybe next Monday. It's still possible there will be some delay but it doesn't seem like it right now soooo we are close :D I can't wait to see the reaction, it's one of those love it or hate it things ^^ You'll see why!

@HitsuSan

XD

is it the nova head? or a nova body and head?! O.o

I still really want a cool new mesa head or something... something that looks really smooth and sleek like your other helmets >.<

I know I sad that before but I still want it >.>

I wish your mag was chosen >.<

im sleepy... good night ^.^

Archived