Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

5 hours ago, Novatico said:

I can't wait to see how you blend your art style and 'his' art style together, I really enjoy what both of you make so thinking about a blend of both is just..

Did Yatus already told? Well let's just leave it out here so you guys know what's going on: In short he might not be able to keep working on his skins for personal reasons and i've offered to take his best model of his choice and polish it (or rework it if necessary) to a publishing level and then publish it together as a collaboration. We're still not sure if this will be necessary because as a brief feedback he's been told he didn't get published for technical problems so i'm not quite sure how much work there's to do to fix it and if he'll have the time and means to fix it by himself ( so i won't be necessary, hopefully :) ) but in case i'll take care of it. I'm not immune to been rejected myself lol but i should be able to help him to make the first step and hopefully give him a chance to keep doing it on his own in the future :)

5 hours ago, S0V3REiGN said:

What was the excuse on the Nyx skin?

Speaking of not being immune to be rejected lol, i have no idea (i kinda have a few ones) But i'm sure i'll know by next week :) It's never much of a problem but i'm really glad they've postponed Nyx Saturnia instead of asking me to fix it in this round cause we've got all sorts of troubles and sleepless night with Ivara Youkai the past week, it was tough cause i had to do all sorts of changes and fixes in under a couple of days. Whatever there is to fix with Nyx Saturnia i'm glad there's time for it now ^^

4 hours ago, EchoesOfRain said:

Yo Hitsu, that Ivara skin looks great in-game!

7FB5B0216247B34218234429EEDB1D8F73FECD07

Lol, that's Ivara cosplaying as Ivara Youkai!

16 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Did Yatus already told? Well let's just leave it out here so you guys know what's going on: In short he might not be able to keep working on his skins for personal reasons and i've offered to take his best model of his choice and polish it (or rework it if necessary) to a publishing level and then publish it together as a collaboration. We're still not sure if this will be necessary because as a brief feedback he's been told he didn't get published for technical problems so i'm not quite sure how much work there's to do to fix it and if he'll have the time and means to fix it by himself ( so i won't be necessary, hopefully :) ) but in case i'll take care of it. I'm not immune to been rejected myself lol but i should be able to help him to make the first step and hopefully give him a chance to keep doing it on his own in the future :)

I see, I hope he still has the resources to continue, it would be a shame to see him go after seeing him grow so much in sculpting his skins, it's pretty inspiring to think about tbh

6 hours ago, Novatico said:

I see, I hope he still has the resources to continue, it would be a shame to see him go after seeing him grow so much in sculpting his skins, it's pretty inspiring to think about tbh

The problem is he really doesn't have the resources to continue, but i was in the same situation once so i can't just watch it happen :)

On 4/14/2017 at 4:11 AM, HitsuSan said:

That is rather nice of you to do. I hope everything works out for the best,

32 minutes ago, AmazingMrAirplane said:

That is rather nice of you to do. I hope everything works out for the best,

1 minute ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

hello,

chiming in with thanks for picking up yatus' work! speaking of which:

any talk about continuing raijin volt as well? because i was looking forward to that one primarily ( <- long time volt "main")...

thank you!

If i can help a young artist making it i'm happy to help, we loose far too many good ones because of financial reasons and not enough knowledge about this career. I also don't see other artists as rivals in business, more like allies in keeping this business awesome so that helps :)

With Yatus the deal is that if he can't make all the changes DE will be asking for and i've suggested him by himself i will take this skin in charge and make a V3 of it, and we'll split the earnings. I'm not planning on doing more of his design cause i'm still hoping he will be the one fixing and publishing Izanagi, and i'm doing this collaboration only to help him keeping up his art career so that he can rework and publish the rest of his works :)

Yo Hitsu, concerning the Saturnia Nyx skin, my personal feedback is that the green petals are a bit too large, bold, and plain for being everywhere on the skin, especially on the helmet. Idk if others feel the same way, but that's just my two cents. I assume you already have an idea of what needs fixing, but I know that criticism is very important for artists so I thought I'd chime in a bit.

Other than that, it really warms my heart to hear that you're helping out a struggling artist. This Warframe community is amazing <3

Also, would you ever be willing to show a video of you working on a skin sometime? I have no proper experience in modelling, so idk what it's like for you and your process. (partially because I don't understand how some of the textures work and how they are applied to the skins)

9 minutes ago, EchoesOfRain said:

Yo Hitsu, concerning the Saturnia Nyx skin, my personal feedback is that the green petals are a bit too large, bold, and plain for being everywhere on the skin, especially on the helmet. Idk if others feel the same way, but that's just my two cents. I assume you already have an idea of what needs fixing, but I know that criticism is very important for artists so I thought I'd chime in a bit.

Other than that, it really warms my heart to hear that you're helping out a struggling artist. This Warframe community is amazing <3

Also, would you ever be willing to show a video of you working on a skin sometime? I have no proper experience in modelling, so idk what it's like for you and your process. (partially because I don't understand how some of the textures work and how they are applied to the skins)

Uhm XD you say that but i actually make things and leave them behind, i didn't even thought about Nyx Saturnia after i've published it so who knows what i'll see when i come back to work on it... i'm sure there will be very little that i like ^^ all your suggestions are probably correct though so thanks!

I've thought about streaming but i'm always all over the place with so many things to follow and do so it will be hard... and even if i do it a skin can take me a month (even two!) so it's very much likely that it's going to be a super boring stream with very little happening lol.

19 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

I've thought about streaming but i'm always all over the place with so many things to follow and do so it will be hard... and even if i do it a skin can take me a month (even two!) so it's very much likely that it's going to be a super boring stream with very little happening lol.

That is what editing is for my fellow Tenno.  :D

edit:  Not the streaming part, but posting a video on youtube or something similar. 

15 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

That is what editing is for my fellow Tenno.  :D

edit:  Not the streaming part, but posting a video on youtube or something similar. 

Yea I'd be cool with it. Even if people don't wanna watch the whole thing, they can skip around if they watch a video.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE TIME!

I've finished the new version of Nyx Saturnia, now it's far more consistent with the new head spine and i've changed some details and materials that weren't really that much appreciated. I still have to give it the final touches and put it all together before i can show you (also DE will give it another round of feedback next week so we'll see if they have some other request ^^).

The syandanas i was working on are respectively one in early stages, one in middle of development and the other one close to be done with the pretty cool fx on the works XD I hope you guys will like it lol, it's pretty fun and definitely something you haven't seen before.

The accepted Ivara Youkai skin should be released this month as far as i know (i always know very little, dates can change every week).

Another one little note, the Izanagi Excalibur that Yatus gave me to work on it's on hold, i can only take care of one warframe at a time cause it's a very complicated process and i don't have a team of professional artists working for me (yet) ^^ I'm completing all the things i had started before beginning to work full time on that one cause after an accurate evaluation i've seen that it needs to be reworked for the most part... it's going to take all my attention for some time after i start with that!

Have a nice week end!

58 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

The accepted Ivara Youkai skin should be released this month as far as i know (i always know very little, dates can change every week).

Time to steal my mom's wallet

6 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

UPDATE TIME!

I've finished the new version of Nyx Saturnia, now it's far more consistent with the new head spine and i've changed some details and materials that weren't really that much appreciated. I still have to give it the final touches and put it all together before i can show you (also DE will give it another round of feedback next week so we'll see if they have some other request ^^).

The syandanas i was working on are respectively one in early stages, one in middle of development and the other one close to be done with the pretty cool fx on the works XD I hope you guys will like it lol, it's pretty fun and definitely something you haven't seen before.

Another one little note, the Izanagi Excalibur that Yatus gave me to work on it's on hold, i can only take care of one warframe at a time cause it's a very complicated process and i don't have a team of professional artists working for me (yet) ^^ I'm completing all the things i had started before beginning to work full time on that one cause after an accurate evaluation i've seen that it needs to be reworked for the most part... it's going to take all my attention for some time after i start with that!

Have a nice week end!

any update on the ears ? also you're working on the Izangi  ?!!! hnfnudhbfwadinhfcben !

it was already a day one buy for me but now it def is 

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

any update on the ears ? also you're working on the Izangi  ?!!! hnfnudhbfwadinhfcben !

it was already a day one buy for me but now it def is 

Do you mean if they'll be animated? I forgot to ask for a confirmation but i think they will, i'll try to grab some more info this week to be sure lol ^^

Yeah, Yatus can't keep on working on it anymore so i'm taking it in charge since it's so popular and i will share the profit with him so that he can make the money necessary for him to buy a new pc and get back to work on warframe skins full time. I hope you guys won't mind me changing Izanagi (a lot most likely) cause the reason why it's never been published is cause it's a mess (even if it doesn't look like it)

... Yatus needs to study a lot more when he comes back (i've already told him to study while he's waiting lol) but the design is pretty cool and i can salvage it for sure given the time to remake most of it properly (reason why i haven't started yet).

8 hours ago, iMalicious said:

Really wish we could get an Octavia skin :( hate her default skin

What do you hate about it? ^^ sometimes a new skin can't help with some things but it's good to know what people don't like about a design

6 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

What do you hate about it? ^^ sometimes a new skin can't help with some things but it's good to know what people don't like about a design

the flat shoulder area and collar bone, the two helms available being so weird and the fact that it's a character about beats and doesn't look anything like a DJ or music related. Helm should have something like a headphones on, body shouldn't be so flat and the legs are so weirdly shaped.

52 minutes ago, iMalicious said:

the flat shoulder area and collar bone, the two helms available being so weird and the fact that it's a character about beats and doesn't look anything like a DJ or music related. Helm should have something like a headphones on, body shouldn't be so flat and the legs are so weirdly shaped.

Well it IS a bard... Personally, I love the beatboxes cuz it reminds me of Soundwave. DAMMIT DE WHY MAKE HER FEMALE?!

2 hours ago, iMalicious said:

I'm afraid i can't do anything about that even with a new skin ^^

Archived