Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

41 minutes ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

Aesthetically nice but yeah "the ram motif drags my mind right over to oberon".

Cross pollination should be avoided at all cost. What if I added spiderman webs to batman kind of thing.

Right, this is a faulty argument my friend, should we also avoid making them human shaped? Cause other warframes have that theme as well you know.... What about styles? We should avoid making tenno, corpus, grineer, sentinel, and infected skins as well? Those also exist in some form already. And so on until there's nothing we can do XD Also think about the other way around, if i make an Ivara Bunny themed skin is DE not allowed to make a Bunny warframe if the want? Of course they are!

If you just don't like it cause it reminds you about oberon and you're not into it it's totally fine though 🙂 I respect that! If you have a more objective reason i'd like to hear it cause that helps me do a better job next time though!

Great job on the Youkai's, loving the Oberon one and this Octavia looks great.

Would love to see a Youkai skin for Revenant . Hasn't had much love in the Tennogen department lately and seems like the type of Frame that would suit these Youkai/Nioh themes with his animated Fire effect. Even if you never get to him though keep up the good work

19 hours ago, (PS4)MYKK678 said:

Great job on the Youkai's, loving the Oberon one and this Octavia looks great.

Would love to see a Youkai skin for Revenant . Hasn't had much love in the Tennogen department lately and seems like the type of Frame that would suit these Youkai/Nioh themes with his animated Fire effect. Even if you never get to him though keep up the good work

Be sure to follow me on twitter @HitsuSan_Design then 🙂 When i'm ready to begin a new warframe skin i'll make another poll and see what you guys request the most!

2 hours ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

Hydroid has been criminally neglected...

Hydroid without pirate theme...

Grendel isn't fat enough...

Khora deluxe missed the mark...

New legs for frost..

Hildryn...

Untattered rapala type sayandana...

Rebnit.. could use a few more as well

Khora Deluxe I agree, its plant-themed which really suits a liontamer/ dominatrix theme right? I think that needs to go to Saryn and start again DE. If Hitsu did design Khora a smexy outfit would DE let him give Nari one too? Khora's my main girl though. Hildryn has had 0 love from anybody either DE or our gifted Tennogen crew, she does need something and Gara's lacking in the wardrobe too.

2 hours ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

Hydroid has been criminally neglected...

Hydroid without pirate theme...

Grendel isn't fat enough...

Khora deluxe missed the mark...

New legs for frost..

Hildryn...

Untattered rapala type sayandana...

Rebnit.. could use a few more as well

Hydroid is getting a Deluxe soon, I'm willing to wager it's the next one being released considering the time it has been since its concept was revealed.

Not sure what you're asking for with Grendel or Frost, because TennoGen skins have to use the same base model as the default.

Hildryn already has a skin submitted for this Round, just gotta hope it gets accepted.

13 hours ago, Scruffel said:

Not sure what you're asking for with Grendel or Frost, because TennoGen skins have to use the same base model as the default.

Imho he just isn't wide or blubbery enough. Could use some more twinkies and high fructose corn syrup sodas? 

Far as frost I've I'm tired of cn his legs and pauldrons (Harkonar saved him for me)...can the harkonar/ deluxe model be used or is that locked to creator only?

Oh and I was pumped for nidus deluxe I liked everything. Then I found out the secondary arms were useless and became an eye sore because of their pointlessness!

13 hours ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

Khora Deluxe I agree, its plant-themed which really suits a liontamer/ dominatrix theme right? I think that needs to go to Saryn and start again DE. If Hitsu did design Khora a smexy outfit would DE let him give Nari one too? Khora's my main girl though. Hildryn has had 0 love from anybody either DE or our gifted Tennogen crew, she does need something and Gara's lacking in the wardrobe too.

Khora/ harrow seems more in line with hellraiser.

I said saryn as well at first glance and that's not good.

Yes I agree, gara too. 

18 hours ago, Scruffel said:

Hydroid is getting a Deluxe soon, I'm willing to wager it's the next one being released considering the time it has been since its concept was revealed.

Hildryn already has a skin submitted for this Round, just gotta hope it gets accepted.

would not bet on that: Zephyr Deluxe was teased and teased and people were waiting eagerly- the set is still not out though a lot of us think it was cancelled but no official word either way. Going on that are you really positive Hydroid will actually show up?

6 hours ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

Imho he just isn't wide or blubbery enough. Could use some more twinkies and high fructose corn syrup sodas? 

Far as frost I've I'm tired of cn his legs and pauldrons (Harkonar saved him for me)...can the harkonar/ deluxe model be used or is that locked to creator only?

Oh and I was pumped for nidus deluxe I liked everything. Then I found out the secondary arms were useless and became an eye sore because of their pointlessness!

No, the Deluxe skins are not available for use by TennoGen artists.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

would not bet on that: Zephyr Deluxe was teased and teased and people were waiting eagerly- the set is still not out though a lot of us think it was cancelled but no official word either way. Going on that are you really positive Hydroid will actually show up?

Okay, to be fair I did forget that Khora Deluxe's model was already complete and part of her animation set (so it probably won't be the absolute next), but, yes it should be out. Did you forget that Zephyr Deluxe was some sort of passion project being done by one person? I mean we saw the concepts for Ash and Garuda Deluxes before, and we got them. Not sure why one Deluxe is souring the expectations of another release.

19 hours ago, Scruffel said:

Okay, to be fair I did forget that Khora Deluxe's model was already complete and part of her animation set (so it probably won't be the absolute next), but, yes it should be out. Did you forget that Zephyr Deluxe was some sort of passion project being done by one person? I mean we saw the concepts for Ash and Garuda Deluxes before, and we got them. Not sure why one Deluxe is souring the expectations of another release.

Its that a lot of players were as eager to have Zephyr's deluxe as with Hydroid's pirate- that it isn't unlike DE to disappoint us again. Personal project of a DE employee, that's how they come up. We see one dev in the stream talking abour new Frames and cosmetics every other stream so Zephyr Deluxe was a regular topic yet has not arrived. Its still a reason not to get excited until the News console pops up with: Hydroid Deluxe available now! message. As a Khora main I find her Deluxe disappointing, it's plant-themed with all the flowers and gawd-awful Venari design: I'd repurpose it for Saryn and a Kubrow as she has a plant theme instead and think of something else for Khora- a Circus performer say to go on her beastmaster theme, we'll see what they decide in the studio

4 hours ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

Its that a lot of players were as eager to have Zephyr's deluxe as with Hydroid's pirate- that it isn't unlike DE to disappoint us again. Personal project of a DE employee, that's how they come up. We see one dev in the stream talking abour new Frames and cosmetics every other stream so Zephyr Deluxe was a regular topic yet has not arrived. Its still a reason not to get excited until the News console pops up with: Hydroid Deluxe available now! message.

One developer may be talking about something, but that doesn't mean multiple people aren't working on it or it's a personal project. Deluxes can require animation and rigging work, modeling, texturing, technical work, concept artists; it's rarely a one person job. Which is why Zephyr Deluxe has always been referenced as self-made effort, since it's unique in that regard of it's development. And it's not to be excited about Hydroid Deluxe's release, it's more to expect it, especially considering the previous releases that had their concepts shown.

By experience i can add to your discussion that it's very rare to have passion project like that one going on in the studio because it's exactly as time consuming as any other tasks you're paid for and it's for the same purpose so there's actually no way you will put extra time after work for free on something the studio pays you to do, or the other way around there's very little chance the studio will have an artist with so much free time to work on something extra that's not on schedule.

So yeah it's started as a passion project maybe on a time in the warframe development  where an artist would end up having some free time during work or one hour to kill before hitching a ride or something like that ^^ Usually passion projects in a studio look like zephyr flappy bird secret or frame fighter ^^ something fun and different from the main game work related tasks with no real burden behind it. So it's not surprising at all for me that a skin like that zephyr one never got finished if it wasn't really scheduled and developed with concepts and a deadline.

13 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

By experience i can add to your discussion that it's very rare to have passion project like that one going on in the studio because it's exactly as time consuming as any other tasks you're paid for and it's for the same purpose so there's actually no way you will put extra time after work for free on something the studio pays you to do, or the other way around there's very little chance the studio will have an artist with so much free time to work on something extra that's not on schedule.

So yeah it's started as a passion project maybe on a time in the warframe development  where an artist would end up having some free time during work or one hour to kill before hitching a ride or something like that ^^ Usually passion projects in a studio look like zephyr flappy bird secret or frame fighter ^^ something fun and different from the main game work related tasks with no real burden behind it. So it's not surprising at all for me that a skin like that zephyr one never got finished if it wasn't really scheduled and developed with concepts and a deadline.

All very true, yet we have you guys in Tennogen making skins as a solo or two-person effort. If you can make Leonessa by yourself in a month or two I can't see why a whole dedicated team couldn't do the same with Zephy Deluxe- it makes no sense...

53 minutes ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

All very true, yet we have you guys in Tennogen making skins as a solo or two-person effort. If you can make Leonessa by yourself in a month or two I can't see why a whole dedicated team couldn't do the same with Zephy Deluxe- it makes no sense...

Because they're working on new warframes every day, armor sets, syandanas, weapons, enemies, bosses, spaceships, and deluxe skins, prime skins and so on... Something that started as a passion project might not have the concepting and approval from higher ups needed to be pushed forward in favor of something else that takes priority in the next release schedule. Also the same artist who started it (i believe it's Kary Black) might be responsible for a lot of this stuff i've mentioned already and be very tired from all the hard work at the end of the day, leaving no room for artistic extra activities.

5 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Because they're working on new warframes every day, armor sets, syandanas, weapons, enemies, bosses, spaceships, and deluxe skins, prime skins and so on... Something that started as a passion project might not have the concepting and approval from higher ups needed to be pushed forward in favor of something else that takes priority in the next release schedule. Also the same artist who started it (i believe it's Kary Black) might be responsible for a lot of this stuff i've mentioned already and be very tired from all the hard work at the end of the day, leaving no room for artistic extra activities.

would you have taken it on if offered my friend? You did make her a really cool suit I put on her for two outfits, I like the Strike and Hagaromo best though annoyingly only get one on any time xD

21 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Very much this. As someone who works as a Character Artist in the industry I dread the idea of doing extra work for free during my off-the-clock time. I even find it hard to focus on personal projects at home because I feel like I have no juice left in me. One thing I can say for sure is that DE probably has dozens of cosmetic fully finished that haven't been announced yet. Depending on the project it can take one artist from 1 week to 2 months to develop a finished asset and they never go on hiatus, meaning as soon as they finish something, they are assigned to another project so they are always producing content.. Last time I asked our art director at our studio she told me we were 2 years ahead of schedule in terms of outfits and accessories. That's 2 years worth of cosmetics that are still to be announced.

What people have to understand is that artists are employees who work for money and they don't owe anything to the community of the games they work on. Expecting them to do something during their off-work time because the players feel like something is missing is both unrealistic and unfair. 

Archived