Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

3 minutes ago, kornhd said:

Very much this. As someone who works as a Character Artist in the industry I dread the idea of doing extra work for free during my off-the-clock time. I even find it hard to focus on personal projects at home because I feel like I have no juice left in me. One thing I can say for sure is that DE probably has dozens of cosmetic fully finished that haven't been announced yet. Depending on the project it can take one artist from 1 week to 2 months to develop a finished asset and they never go on hiatus, meaning as soon as they finish something, they are assigned to another project. Last time I asked our art director at our studio she told me we were 2 years ahead of schedule in terms of outfits and accessories. That's 2 years worth of cosmetics that are still to be announced.

Oh nice 🙂 Yeah 2 years seems about right if you consider concept art but i don't think in DE's case any 3d artist is working on something scheduled to be released so far ahead, maybe i'm wrong though cause they're definitely working on that war expansion for a long time now ^^

10 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Oh nice 🙂 Yeah 2 years seems about right if you consider concept art but i don't think in DE's case any 3d artist is working on something scheduled to be released so far ahead, maybe i'm wrong though cause they're definitely working on that war expansion for a long time now ^^

I'm too new to Warframe to know much about DE (all I know is that I applied there a few years back and got rejected :V), so all I can do is use past and current experiences of mine to assume what's going on in it. That still falls in the category of always producing for the future in the end though. The thing is that in a project Character Artists are usually the first ones in the 3D art department to be done with their work (which usually sucks because big companies like moving them around to avoid having them still working on a project by the time it ships just so they don't have to pay the standard bonus).

Also, as funny as this might sound, concept artists have the easiest job in the industry. Not saying their work is easy, not at all, but they usually receive extremely lax deadlines. All my concept mates make me feel jealous telling me stories about how they spend their days just watching shows on netflix because they have finished their mattes way ahead of the deadline, though they do also tell me that it's mostly because of bad management and that it can become extremely hectic out of the blue. 

32 minutes ago, kornhd said:

I'm too new to Warframe to know much about DE (all I know is that I applied there a few years back and got rejected :V), so all I can do is use past and current experiences of mine to assume what's going on in it. That still falls in the category of always producing for the future in the end though. The thing is that in a project Character Artists are usually the first ones in the 3D art department to be done with their work (which usually sucks because big companies like moving them around to avoid having them still working on a project by the time it ships just so they don't have to pay the standard bonus).

Also, as funny as this might sound, concept artists have the easiest job in the industry. Not saying their work is easy, not at all, but they usually receive extremely lax deadlines. All my concept mates make me feel jealous telling me stories about how they spend their days just watching shows on netflix because they have finished their mattes way ahead of the deadline, though they do also tell me that it's mostly because of bad management and that it can become extremely hectic out of the blue. 

Oh yeah i've done both jobs, it actually depends on the team though. If it's a big company with departments separation that can happen for sure but for well managed teams i would assign a concept artist to a group of 3d artists when they don't have a specific task or they're done with the ad request and they're waiting for reviews... but that's definitely not standard practice ^^ it's just me being in charge of my company and a small dev team with insights from all the professions. Maybe you can suggest that to your AD 🙂 I'm sure every 3d artist would appreciate some help figuring out some parts on a concept that needs some clarification pretty much every day lol.

4 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Oh yeah i've done both jobs, it actually depends on the team though. If it's a big company with departments separation that can happen for sure but for well managed teams i would assign a concept artist to a group of 3d artists when they don't have a specific task or they're done with the ad request and they're waiting for reviews... but that's definitely not standard practice ^^ it's just me being in charge of my company and a small dev team with insights from all the professions. Maybe you can suggest that to your AD 🙂 I'm sure every 3d artist would appreciate some help figuring out some parts on a concept that needs some clarification pretty much every day lol.

I wish I could ask my AD for that, but we are too small so we do our concepts ourselves. I've tried explaining just how much of a big of a help it would be to have someone who actually designs and concepts things for a living, but they always tell me we don't need it because we make clothes most of the time.

1 minute ago, kornhd said:

I wish I could ask my AD for that, but we are too small so we do our concepts ourselves. I've tried explaining just how much of a big of a help it would be to have someone who actually designs and concepts things for a living, but they always tell me we don't need it because we make clothes most of the time.

Oh well, if it's a small team i can understand ^^ 

9 hours ago, kornhd said:

Very much this. As someone who works as a Character Artist in the industry I dread the idea of doing extra work for free during my off-the-clock time. I even find it hard to focus on personal projects at home because I feel like I have no juice left in me. One thing I can say for sure is that DE probably has dozens of cosmetic fully finished that haven't been announced yet. Depending on the project it can take one artist from 1 week to 2 months to develop a finished asset and they never go on hiatus, meaning as soon as they finish something, they are assigned to another project so they are always producing content.. Last time I asked our art director at our studio she told me we were 2 years ahead of schedule in terms of outfits and accessories. That's 2 years worth of cosmetics that are still to be announced.

What people have to understand is that artists are employees who work for money and they don't owe anything to the community of the games they work on. Expecting them to do something during their off-work time because the players feel like something is missing is both unrealistic and unfair. 

I don't want any of that to be true so therefore it isn't! Now where are those products...now!

Steve jobs would approve of this message...

11 hours ago, kornhd said:

Btw tho, love your designs. Already got three of them :).
Can't wait to see what you come up with next

Aw thanks!

2 hours ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

I don't want any of that to be true so therefore it isn't! Now where are those products...now!

Lol, perfectly sane

11 hours ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

I don't even know what to reply to this tbh. I'm hoping it's sarcasm or just a joke, but you can never bee too sure on the internet.

To answer the question though. They are all in their servers either with or without date or release tied to them. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if some already made their way into the game's code but haven't been made accessible yet. The only way to find out would be data-mining the current version of the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good news at Tennocon is that Hitsu gets a load of new stuff to make awesome with as Rebecca mentioned on the art panel a lot of new assets are being given to our Tennogen to create awesome with... Hitsu, please give Hildryn some love as the poor lass has been neglected and you could really do wonders for her when you get a spare moment 😋

While I'm not necessarily a huge Hildryn fan, I'm sure a Youkai skin could potentially change that.

Also if you ever do a Wisp skin, if you're able to give her something that feels like a witch hat, that would be awesome. But pretty much all the skins you make are good, so if you don't I'm sure that a Wisp skin by you will look awesome.

Archived