Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gram - Shouldn't It Be Slashing My Enemies Up?

PetRockIV

Why is this gigantic sword not cutting my enemies to pieces or cutting people in half when I swing this beastly weapon? Why does it instead, feel like I'm swinging a giant paddle? If the Gram was simply modified to cut people up like the scindo or any other slashing type weapon, then it would feel like a much more satisfying weapon to use.

I must not be paying close enough attention, but I could've sworn that the rate of people being sliced up was aboooout...0% the last time I used it. It was just odd seeing this awesome sword not doing awesome sword-cutting things so I just switched to my trusty ol' Hate in the mean time until DE resolves this issue

I must not be paying close enough attention, but I could've sworn that the rate of people being sliced up was aboooout...0% the last time I used it. It was just odd seeing this awesome sword not doing awesome sword-cutting things so I just switched to my trusty ol' Hate in the mean time until DE resolves this issue

Well are you sure you're not using it in infested? They seem to not get sliced up as well as Grineers or the Corpus :D

It's probably because the massive neon lights on it aren't well suited for slicing.

Hm..it'd be a difficult decision for me to give up them neon lights for the ability to slice up my foes...

Well are you sure you're not using it in infested? They seem to not get sliced up as well as Grineers or the Corpus :D

You could be right. Now I need to go back and use it on some grineers since you're making me doubt myself!

Before they added different death animations and such, all melee could do was cut people in half.

If you look closely, sometimes you'll cut off an arm or spill some dudes guts. Very seldom will you split a dude in two

I like the newer effects now, it seems a bit more visceral than the Slopdin' guys everywhere.

Yeah I've noticed more death animations as well.

Although it still seems like.. if you kill an enemy and the killing damage (my theory) is related to an element they won't go all ragdoll or lose limbs, they just stand their and burn/electrocute. I do have to say I enjoy shattering frozen enemeies though.. no complaints there!

Sometimes, if you are too close to an enemy, you will actually hit them with the hilt of the blade, which wont cut them.  Or the blade part may impact on their arm instead.  If you stay the right distance away, and slash them with the front end of the blade, it should send torsos flying.