Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Grineer Defense Map - A Very Boring Map

Abelardus

Hello,

Straight to the point

It's my 3rd time i run on this map, and 3rd time i found it to be very very boring:

Cons:

- A multi leveled maze. I can barely find my way thru those tunnels.

- Hiding enemies/holding still/running away. I thought they were supposed to attack. They're taking the chill pill and sitting in a spot.

- Random spawn of 3-4 enemies with a timeout of 20 seconds. Really? No feeling of overwhelming, no nothing.

This map is plain terrible, i get so bored, i can't wait to leave at 5th wave.

Actually, I love the layout of the map as well as the position of the pod. I find it so many times more satisfying than I do the reactor defense.

It only has ONE issue, which is the key factor of the responses here. The Grineer on this map hide, do not advance and you are thus forced to seek them out and hunt all the time. Which makes one wave take a long time. This is not fun.

Do something about their pathing and agression. With this, it can be as fun as the Xini layout.

The Grineer are such sissys - they're brave enough to fire at you from cover, but when you turn and look in their direction they run away like little babies. Seriously! If they're too scared to stand and fight then why did they pull the trigger in the first place?

These thoughts go through my mind every time I fight against Grineer.

Oh come on guys, it's not that bad. Surely it can't be any worse than the Grineer asteroid defence map.

The map is not bad at all, just the way the Grineer hide. They never advance or even properly approach the pod.

In essence, the Grinner are playing as if THEY are the defending party.

The asteroid one it's not bad.

It's open space, you can kill enemies from the distance. You can run without penalties ( eg: corners, sharp turns, tight spaces ).
It has been fixed a month ago, because enemies bugged.

But back to the topic, please.

Edited by Abelardus

I think we can all agree that the map is not bad--it's just that the enemies can't find their way to the cryopod (or is it a reactor? I forget--I only played the map once then ran awaaaaaaaay).  The pathing is obviously broken and I'd expect to see DE fix this in a future release.

I played this map now twice...

...a first time and a last time.

God, with each wave doing the 3 to 4 loops to chase them gringrins i imagined them hiding in a corner, one by one, as far apart as possible, giggling like mad about us Tenno going insane.

Seriously, the Grineers on this map are supposed to be a replacement for (t)rollers?

The layout of the map is nice, offering quite a few ways to circle around the pod, what is a nice difference to the straight forward design of other maps, like venera.

Tho, with most people doing def to get through the waves fast, these new grineer maps are...   a bit contraproductive.

As the mobs are spawning in packs of a handful, multiple times per wave, one has to circle the map around the pod a few times per wave.

While marathon, quickrest and rush are coming in handy, it feels less like defending, but more like exterminate rush. Although it's said that attack is the best defense...

So, well...   as long as the grineer forces deploy such scaredy-cats as attacking force i avoid this map at all cost.

It's just better for my blood pressure.

The map is not bad at all, just the way the Grineer hide. They never advance or even properly approach the pod.

In essence, the Grinner are playing as if THEY are the defending party.

what if there was a mission where they were?

I actually found this map to run much better if you're solo/duo.  It seems like sometimes the grineer don't pop if a player is too close.  If you have 4 people constantly circling, the level seems to lag out.  With only two people standing at the pod, the grineer seem to advance just fine.  A friend and I ran the Ceres version of this map about 4 times on Monday and it ran WAY better than it had when I was just randomly placed with 3 other people.  Maybe the A.I. or spawning code needs a quick polish?

There certainly does seem to be some spawn issues with the more compact, ship interior map with the warframe pod. In addition to spawn delays that occur after killing all enemies currently on the map, last night I ran into issues with enemies spawning underneath stairs and even once inside the ceiling. Fortunately, the enemies under the stairs spawned inside those leading up to the warframe pod from the room below, so they could be shot at, and the enemy in the ceiling was able to killed by Vortex. The delays are pretty annoying, but enemies spawning in locations that are potentially unreachable is pretty bad.