The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advice On Bows

Vitaumd

Question

Hey there!

I really enjoyed the way the bows work and would like to ask, which is faster to get, paris prime or dread?

I have tried finding the stalker but he doesnt appear anymore, while I got a piece of paris prime. I know it was luck, but still, which one should I aim for? The dread blueprint or Paris P? Mostly aiming these for their endgame potential

Thanks in advance for responses and happy new year!

19 answers to this question

Hey there!

I really enjoyed the way the bows work and would like to ask, which is faster to get, paris prime or dread?

I have tried finding the stalker but he doesnt appear anymore, while I got a piece of paris prime. I know it was luck, but still, which one should I aim for? The dread blueprint or Paris P? Mostly aiming these for their endgame potential

Thanks in advance for responses and happy new year!

both Paris Prime and Dread are effectively equal - so what you can do, is play with people marked by Stalker (and yourself being marked ofc), and play the Void Missions you'd need to in order to get the Paris Prime parts you're looking for.

then you're on your way to getting both at once.

alternatively, Rakta Cernos is very much an option. Red Veil Syndicate Primary - and you can level up Syndicates in the same Missions as you'd be playing to get Paris Prime Parts.

so you could potentially be on the road to getting three Bows all at once while you're playing.

I've got to say, I've used all bows, modded them to their various potentials, Dread, Cernos etc.

But I got a soft-spot for the Daikyu.

Clan Tech, not too expensive, 300 Rubedo, 2 Neurodes, some Salvage, and 1 Forma. (Well the Forma might be lol)

Yeah yeah, it's not fast, nor is it the easiest to wield, but when it comes to base damage, or better yet, Slash Procs (Oddly enough) = goodbye enemies, bleeds 'em to death in moments.

I Also like the fact it's strong arrow does not have falloff distance, and it's really high stat chance, combined with Terminal Velocity, and have a party with Near-Hitscan lacerating arrows

Topic should probably get moved to PHP.

Definitely Paris Prime.  You can pick up the whole thing, at least over here in console land, for 15p if you're patient.  Stalker does still drop Dread, got it from him the other day.  Endgame - Dread's better, but not by much.

pretty much this.  though isn't the rakta cernos slightly better then dread?

Oh that's mathy.  Just sooooooo mathy. There was a huge discussion in one topic a while back where Darzk and Autog went at it for a good two pages about it.  General consensus is they're both darned good and it comes down to personal preference.

Edit: here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/543051-rakta-cernos-vs-dread/page-3

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

Oh that's mathy.  Just sooooooo mathy. There was a huge discussion in one topic a while back where Darzk and Autog went at it for a good two pages about it.  General consensus is they're bath darned good and it comes down to personal preference.

Edit: here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/543051-rakta-cernos-vs-dread/page-3

going to read that now.  ty.

Was about to say something about the bows' effectiveness, but there is not really anything i can add over what's been said in the topic linked a couple of posts above :)

That said, about actually obtaining the weapons is what matter for you as far as i understand.

Considering that, the Paris Prime is the easiest to get by far. It's not rare by any stretch and drops like candy. The Dread is mostly about luck, or how rich you are. You can either wait for the Stalker to appear and get lucky with his drops, or buy the "What Stalker?" bundle.

Rakta Cernos is easy to come by or farm - it only takes time. You need to reach Mastery Rank 12, and then either be max rank for Red Veil and get one for 125k rep or go to trade chat and buy/trade for one.

You will get all of them sooner or later. If you want to aim for one my advice would be the Paris because of how easy it is to obtain :)

the guide to Bows

Mk1- S00per easy to get, Pile of S#&$

Paris- easy to get, pile of S#&$

Cernos- Makes me cri er tim. same as paris on difficulty

Daikyu- Requires clan- fun, but weak

Lanka- bow that looks like a sniper rifle, requires clan

Opticor- BFG, Hardest hitter in the game if it crits.

Paris Prime- Only Prime bow, moderately hard to farm, End game viable

Dread- Direct upgrade to Paris P, does slash damage which is better with 4CP, and has higher crit chance maxing out at 125%, highest in game

Rakta Cernos- Hardest to get MR12 + rank 5 w/ veil + 100k standing- due to  it's high damage, soma-like crit, and Crazy fire rate this weapon outclasses the dread in almost every department besides red critting.

Hey guys! Thanka for the responses and one more question!

I actually got both farming for p prime like taiaat said hahaha

I want to potato one of them to have a potent weapon, and Paris prime looks stronger because of armor, till I get to play 4xcp but I would like your opinions!

Thanks in advance!

The majority of a weapon's damage comes from its elemental mods, so the slash/puncture thing isn't as much of a detriment as you would think to the Dread when not running with 4CP.  Dread's got double the chance of the Paris to red crit when both are modded with Point Strike, and that's pretty significant.

Do you have Simulacrum access?  In my opinion it's close enough to go with the one that just sits in your hands better.  I've seen a lot of people swear the Dread's arrows fly faster and that it's just an easier bow to use, plus, ya know, Stalker bow.  Me, Paris Prime was my first prime, is still my most used weapon (albeit at a whopping 14%), and having gotten used to it, Dread's just different enough that it's kinda hard for me to use.

Paris Prime will probably work better for void/Grineer if you're a fan of radiation/toxin builds, as the puncture will help with the ferrite armor.