The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning Long Time Player With Some ?'s

(PSN)YankeeClippah

Question

Got some ?s real quick before I go through with the DL.  Im trying to see how many new frames have been added since Feb 2015, are any of them locked behind missions that can no longer be done ?  

The Saryn revisited can i have some feedback from other Saryn fans as to how she is now as a whole, she was my favorite frame so Im wondering if she is a bit faster now and if she is more than a 1 trick pony.

How is the new Excal ?

Any other tips or tricks for someone coming back after such an extended break away ?

As always I appreciate all the help Tenno, see you out there for another glorious 1000 hours

19 answers to this question

so yes some frames are locked out and can no longer be gotten ?

Tyl Regor has been reworked, You must now need Archwing to venture the new tileset of Uranus (Ha, ha....ha). He no longer drops Ash, but instead drops Equinox.

Ash must now be obtained through a grineer type enemy called Manics

Oberon drops from Eximus enemies

Nezha drops from Sorties

Mirage is still quest obtainable, Limbo as well. Atlas a recent new frame is a quest frame, Chroma too.

Ember prime was shortly Vaulted. Frost prime came back for a bit. About 3-4 days left to get the Latron Prime, Reaper Prime and his parts. So keep praying to RNGesus

Feel free to ask more questions. 

Also, Duration is now tied to abilities that toggle, decreasing the amount of energy that is drained

Mesa was reworked too

Rhino was reworked (I love that sweet sweet 33k health to his Iron skin B)

Edited by KJRenz

Got some ?s real quick before I go through with the DL.  Im trying to see how many new frames have been added since Feb 2015, are any of them locked behind missions that can no longer be done ?  

The Saryn revisited can i have some feedback from other Saryn fans as to how she is now as a whole, she was my favorite frame so Im wondering if she is a bit faster now and if she is more than a 1 trick pony.

How is the new Excal ?

Any other tips or tricks for someone coming back after such an extended break away ?

As always I appreciate all the help Tenno, see you out there for another glorious 1000 hours

In my personal opinion- please no one punch me- here are my answers and your mileage may vary.

From all accounts I hear, Saryn's rework was considered to be a bust because rather than her powers being facilitated with the rework she was instead changed from a Mobile Nuke/Tank to a Supportive Debuffer Damage over Time style character. If you were the type who enjoyed pressing 4 and receiving instant lethal feedback then you may be disappointed but her combination of different powers can achieve a similar response it just takes more time and situational awareness. I honestly don't mind being a team player so that is a fine alteration to a Warframe- however I can definitely understand and empathize with those of us who put a lot of time and Forma into making her unstoppable as she was prior.

Conversely, Excalibur's rework makes him Godly along the Star Chart and a reliable at Zoning objectives as a Heavy. If I'm in a sortie and see an Excalibur on our team I breath a little easier. That being said, his new 4 ability is a toggle Super Saiyan mode that is similar to Valkyr except you aren't invulnerable and you must keep an eye on your energy as much as you do your health. With proper pacing and modding you will be fine. He is fun a hell to play.

As far as other assorted musings:

-The new parkour system takes a little to get used to. Run Earth or an obstacle course for funzies to get used to things. Bullet Jumping has replaced coptering except Bullet Jumping is by-default Orthos Coptering and it's a straight line in whatever direction you are aiming at rather than having to javelin yourself and measure out your shot. You still can javelin and aim a bit higher for sake of very long distances, mind you, but try to unlearn everything you knew and keep an open mind. Everyone has to be bad before they get good. If you're really bored then grab a Zephyr and go to town- she's pretty much my go-to Stealth Drone Bomber. 

-Shotguns are amazingly lethal now. Many of us tossed them aside or left it to numerous rounds of Formaing to get them where they needed to be for T3-T4 stuff but as they are now, they are my go-to for Sortie missions and helping the team get a win. Ironically enough, the  vanilla Tigris is by far the funnest- but if you are looking for something less fun and more reliable the Sobek is essentially an automatic Falcon Punch. The Hek is also Godly but has a smaller magazine so I'm not sure where you stand with that but you really can't go wrong with any if you are just curious and want a project to dive into.

-Second Dream, get there ASAP because you are going to see some sh*t in PUGs that will confuse the hell out of you.

- As others have said there's been a Rhino Rework, a lot of his abilities function with much more utility on top of their initial levels of damage.

And that's about it off the top of my head at least. 

Saryn is pretty strong though personally Im still having issues with her energy.

Excalibur if great and is one of the best damage-dealing frames atm.

Do the Quests, especially Second Dream. If you need to farm for T3/4 keys and even R5 Fusion Cores you can check out Hieracon, Pluto.

Saryn is pretty strong though personally Im still having issues with her energy.

Excalibur if great and is one of the best damage-dealing frames atm.

Do the Quests, especially Second Dream. If you need to farm for T3/4 keys and even R5 Fusion Cores you can check out Hieracon, Pluto.

Im starting some quests today, had to go get the prime frames last night. Wont need to farm still have 100's of keys and 1000's of cores from when I stopped playing.

Also just wanted to say after all this time away its still Loki master race

Im starting some quests today, had to go get the prime frames last night. Wont need to farm still have 100's of keys and 1000's of cores from when I stopped playing.

As always B)

Loki isnt master race, stop kidding yourself. Loki is easy mode, perma invisible increased damage zero risk.

Loki is outclassed by Ivara when it comes to stealth killing, but Loki still have the mobility and can get around faster and easier while stealth.  Ivara doesn't have to recast stealth but she moves slow as dirt unless you roll (running or bullet jumping breaks her stealth).

Just know that Loki is still great, but he has competition now as everything he does, Ivara can also do for the most part.

Ok so im trying to do the Chroma stuff and can not for the life of me find cephalon simaris on ps4, everything ive read says second floor of any relay but no luck even getting to a second floor. Please help

Okay, at the back of the Relay, there are like these tubes. Left one goes up like an elevator, right goes down.

So few more basic questions. Im noticing my old builds and gear are not holding up great so im wondering what some late game builds would be for a primary (I love soma, im a noob and proud), my telos boltos seem to be holding up very well and ive never been a big melee fan so I dont need much there.

Also with all the new frames and changes to the old frames who is good for tanky dps style play. Im not a big fan of the squishies. I messed with Frost after his changes and i like him but he is slow as dirt, Rhino is as usual good until a certain point, Loki can be invisible forever but my current weaponry seems to be holding me back.

I realky like Limbo, Mirage and Volt but have never been able to find a good mix of survivability and damage on them and the new frames are all avoiding me thanks to rngesus.

So few more basic questions. Im noticing my old builds and gear are not holding up great so im wondering what some late game builds would be for a primary (I love soma, im a noob and proud), my telos boltos seem to be holding up very well and ive never been a big melee fan so I dont need much there.

Also with all the new frames and changes to the old frames who is good for tanky dps style play. Im not a big fan of the squishies. I messed with Frost after his changes and i like him but he is slow as dirt, Rhino is as usual good until a certain point, Loki can be invisible forever but my current weaponry seems to be holding me back.

I realky like Limbo, Mirage and Volt but have never been able to find a good mix of survivability and damage on them and the new frames are all avoiding me thanks to rngesus.

Maybe you'd like Atlas, You can punch people.

Chroma is extremely tanky too.