The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Nyx A Good Second Frame For Someone Who Solos Most Missions?

iMisterPotato

Question

Title says it all. Hello everyone, Im very new to this game. I read that Nyx was good for soloing missions and stuff, but Ive also read that shes not too viable late game when compared to someone like Loki. Since Im new, Im short on Warframe Spots, and I kinda want Nova as well. Do you think its worth it to keep leveling Nyx? Can she solo missions? Whats the best way to get her leveled up quickly considering her Chaos doesnt give you any affinity. By the way, I already have a level 30 Volt that Ive been using. I also have Nova and Oberon being built, but I only have so many Warframe spots. 

-Thanks Guys!

14 answers to this question

Yes, she's very good. From early to late game, Chaos works well against all of them. And she's also good for solo missions when enemies are overrunning you and you can just cast Chaos to make them turn on each other. If you build her for duration, her Chaos can become more effective than Loki's disarm with the Irradiating Disarm augment when used properly due to longer its duration. Just keep in mind that her defenses are low so you don't want to be out in the open too long with her.

Edited by Knightmare047

If you get rid of something halfway leveled you'll regret it later 'cause you'll have to go back and level it from 0 again.  Anyways you can get affinity from her 2, and you could also just play in random groups to get the shared EXP which will go to your frame too.

First do not sell something you've not taken to level 30. You'd hate to later be bulding it again in order to gain all the mastery points the item gives you.

Nyx is a fantastic solo frame. You will be able to do most content on your own and be a good frame in most patries, even if they're PUGs.

If you're aiming to keep only two frames (whichever), I suggest you seek where to farm them and compare how difficult would be to otain a second, in case you sold it for another and end up prefeering it. As an example, I'd finish leveling up Nyx, sell Volt (who's obtainable from dojo tech) and claim Oberon from the Foundry, then check him and ecide which one keeping, Nyx or Oberon. Both frames are easly farmable, but Oberon is more easly to gather all the blueprints even without looking for them, while Nyx can be from a high level boss or even from Venus. Once you've checked those four frames, decide wich one you prefeer to keep and maybe even put a reactor in, while you gather pieces for other farmes.

Despite Loki making Nyx completely redundant if you wish to be efficient, Nyx is still great to solo, you just need to be considerably more careful. Nova is also good for soloing, in a similarway to Nyx, both rely on 1 skill, Chaos and Molecular Prime, while Chaos is better and keeping you alive M.Prime is better for dealing damage. I personally prefer Nova, but at the end of the day both solo in a similar fashion. 

I'd actually recommend getting Frost so that you can easily solo Defense, Excavation, Mobile Defense, and even Interception missions when you learn how to work him.

Yep, Frost is just about the only frame that can solo high level Defense fairly easily, and he's pretty damn tanky too. The only thing is, he drops from the boss of Ceres which is the highest level planet in the game, so you'll probably need a taxi to there.

Nyx is a great frame and very flexible.

#1 with syndicate mod gives you a high damage pet that also distracts a room.  If you pick your targets carefully and move slowly, you can kill every enemy in a room while they are still trying to drop your grineer gunner or bombardier who in turn is one-shotting a few of them.    

#2 is kind of weak and very situational ... it can cover you until you can reload, for example, if you use a slow-loader gun, or it can net you a few focus points against mid level enemy. 

#3 can get an entire room to kill each other and is basically #1 on steroids.  Its powerful, but a mix of 1 & 3 will get you farther solo if you don't have very solid power management and capacity.   If you have virtually limitless power,  3 can be spammed of course. 

#4 is extremely powerful but takes some getting used to.   Its one of the hardest hitting aoes in the game coupled with a fairly low power cost.   It also has one of the smaller areas of effect... so you really need to get in close to a group to make it pay.    It can also be used to regen your shield, or avoid something annoying like a spew of knockdown missiles or a disarming boomerang etc.  

#1 supports a pretty solid sniper type build or style.

#3 can support a melee style, coupled with #4

all her skills are usable in a run & gun style.

Like I said, shes flexible and very strong.   Level up fast... learn to use #4 in some group defense or survivals where you can just sit at a spawn point and blast a group to shreds every few seconds.   Can do this solo too, but its going to take some practice to make it shine.

I find nova underwhelming.   Loki is fun, but over-rated for endgame IMHO.   Volt is a good affinity bot -- set up his #1 to cost little and hit hard and go to medium-high level content and blast away with it.    Oberon is an ok focus farmer with his aoe as well.   Most affinity I have gotten to date was mag vs corpus in a sortie defense where I did like 85% of the damage ... its hard to beat cheese.   I really don't like valk.  She is just a pure melee frame but with no shields, if you are not pretty well equipped, youll slowly die from lack of healing.   If you have life strike, problem solved, but its still not my cup of tea.

Unfortunately focus farming takes a big aoe frame against mid-to-high level enemy in large numbers.  Its pure body count.  You need the good power mods (typically strength, range and if you can efficiency and for some also duration!)  and its easier if you just do zen first to get your 4x/sec power regen and use THAT on an aoe bomb frame to kill loads of stuff fast with frame aoe power.   Nyx is good, but shes not this frame.  Of the "easy to get" stuff, mag is pretty slick for a newish player wanting to farm focus.   Her corpus murder button is just ez mode for getting the body count, given the mods and power regen etc to back it up.

edit of your list,

volt, nyx, frost, and mag would be my suggestions.   Gives you 3 good focus/affinity farmers with various capability. 

Edited by jonnin

So I'm probaby gonna want 4 frames. I was thinning Volt Nova Nyx and either Valkyr or Frost, what do you guys think?

If you're already thinking in going only for 4 frames to deal with most missions this would be my list: Frost, Loki, Mag & Nova.

Loki for most missions. Frost for defenses and excavations. Nova for survivals and sometimes even defenses. Mag against Corpus, at even stupid levels.