The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Prime Crit Build Or Elemental Build?

BabyBomi

Question

Crit build: 

R6 serration

Hammer shot

R4 heavy caliber

Shred

R4 vital sense

Split chamber

Point strike

Elemental build (corrosive):

Infected clip

Stormbringer

R6 serration

R4 heavy caliber

R4 vital sense

Split chamber

Hammer shot

For other elements I just swap the 2 90% elemental mods around. So my question is, would a crit build for all factions be better? Or individual elemental builds for each faction? Eg. Magnetic for Corpus and Gas for infested etc.

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

If you got some forma it is best to pop those on and do both elemental and crit damage. Otherwise, use your crit build.

I may consider replacing Heavy Calibur, Shred, and Hammer Strike with two elementals if there's enough space. Do you have any of the dual status elementals?

Edited by Yazeth

If you got some forma it is best to pop those on and do both elemental and crit damage. Otherwise, use your crit build.

I may consider replacing Heavy Calibur, Shred, and Hammer Strike with two elementals if there's enough space. Do you have any of the dual status elementals?

Nope I don't have the dual status elementals. 

Serration

Vital sense

Point strike

Shred

Splitchambers

Heavy Calibur

1 90% elemental mod based on the faction you face

2x90% elemental mods based on the faction you face.

Clean and done.

That's 9 mod slots?

Soma won't work without crit mods on. It has 10 base damage and good critical chance/multiplier for a reason.

Remove Heavy Caliber & Hammershot from your crit build and replace them with elementals. Heavy Cal at rank 4 doesn't give that much damage compared to a proper elemental combination.

Soma won't work without crit mods on. It has 10 base damage and good critical chance/multiplier for a reason.

Remove Heavy Caliber & Hammershot from your crit build and replace them with elementals. Heavy Cal at rank 4 doesn't give that much damage compared to a proper elemental combination.

I was planning on keeping heavy caliber and taking off shred instead, because I don't feel like I need the fire rate and I was going to upgrade heavy caliber.

Radiation for grineer, corrosive for infested, magnetic for corpus, sound good? And I guess magnetic for void too?

Gun is beast with critical damage and chance, I forma mine 4 times.

Max Serration, Split Chamber, R9 Heavy cal, Max Crash Course, Hammer Shot, Vital Sense, and Point strike. (Missing one but can't remember at moment)

Aiming for the head with this weapon isn't hard so with a couple of shoots you kill enemies. You mostly get critical hits every time I believe the chance is 90 something percent and the multiplier is 8 times something. (Sorry I  forgot exact numbers.) Though you can replace Crash Course and the other mod I can't remember  with elemental mods like hell fire and Infected clip.

I was planning on keeping heavy caliber and taking off shred instead, because I don't feel like I need the fire rate and I was going to upgrade heavy caliber.

Radiation for grineer, corrosive for infested, magnetic for corpus, sound good? And I guess magnetic for void too?

Shred helps you reach your max fire rate and gives you 1.2m punchthrough. Way too useful to remove IMO.

Corrosive for Void, a lot of enemies there have ferrite armor ( Lancers, butchers, heavy gunners ). Just bring a radiation secondary with you to deal with the bombards.

With your current mods I'd go for something like this. Upgrade your HC to rank 6 and put 2x R4 elementals on there.