The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions About Auto Ban Due To Change Of Ip

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

I haven't been banned(yet) and I know in case no one can help here while support is the way to go.

But, I was wondering if I can understand better how it works from someone who had the bad experience; I spent my holidays to a friend's house and while I haven't actively played Warframe, I logged in daily to get the reward, from the 28th til today.

Questions:

- Can I get banned to prevent hacking? I already change IP frequently when I use my laptop at work actually...

- if so, is the auto Ban immediate? I have access to forums currently so I suppose I'm not banned yet

- is there a way to prevent this?

- Would the new authentication system help with this? How does it work?

Thanks to everyone who answers!

Edited by siralextraffo

2 answers to this question

- Can I get banned to prevent hacking? I already change IP frequently when I use my laptop at work actually...

yes, you can get banned for some actions you might perform to prevent hacking, though I even managed to use Warframe with TOR, and didn't get banned, so this will probably not get you banned...

- if so, is the auto Ban immediate? I have access to forums currently so I suppose I'm not banned yet

I guess it is.

- is there a way to prevent this?

I guess not.

- Would the new authentication system help with this? How does it work?

whenever you do change your rig (like new PC-hostname or new IP) you need to verify your login credentials with a code, sent to you by email, the first time you log in, so yes, it will help with that problem...

Edited by -.A.-Prime

yes, you can get banned for some actions you might perform to prevent hacking, though I even managed to use Warframe with TOR, and didn't get banned, so this will probably not get you banned...

I guess it is.

I guess not.

whenever you do change your rig (like new PC-hostname or new IP) you need to verify your login credentials with a code, sent to you by email, the first time you log in, so yes, it will help with that problem...

Hey Prime, thanks for the answer!

Last point is very helpful, will activate that once home!

Thanks again, happy new year!