Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Anubis Helmet. Name will change, but nearing completion.

arch111

Soo. I had two models. One a clear Anubis design, one a demonic design.

Version 2 looks good from the front, terrible from the side.

Version 4 looks good from, well all sides, but lacks the look from v2.

I did a mashup. The only thing I kept from 2 was the important geometry of ears and snout, and I must say I think I can make this work!

nekros_anubis5_by_gaber111-d9nbuh4.jpg

I actually like the Anubis looking one a bit more.  I think if you take out the emissive around where the eye is supposed to be and just make it like a socket or a cavity, and put the emissives somewhere else then it would be less obvious that they're supposed to be eyes.  An example would be Chroma's Amaru helmet, where you've got these big round sockets but no emissives, so it leads your eye somewhere else.  I also had an idea when I saw your paintover of the front.  What if you somehow combine the look of the Anubis head with some machine looking thing.  The first thing that came to mind is those hot rod engines where you've got these long exhaust pipes on the side almost like a cathedral organ.  It would be cool if it blows a bit of smoke too, maybe  a bit of fire.  The pipes would be the ears then the center of the head would be the engine, the nose would be like the gas cap.  In a way I realize this is not too far off from the idea of rhino's vanguard helmet, just differently shaped and the bacon things are not exhaust pipes.

Did I prove Anubis can work or that it in fact needs a different look?

The original head WILL still read jackal though. But if the egyptian theme is too much for it, then I will chabge it to better reflect the first version and the v5.

Needs more abstraction for it to truly fit in Warframe imo. I like the Anubis idea, but I find the designs to be too literal a translation of your theme. My suggestion is keep the silhouette and play with it a bit more, but avoid placing eyes and mouth-like creases where they are typically found, if at all. Instead, maybe study a bit of Egyptian art and patterns and see if you can translate that into your sculpting Warframe style detail.

How about having just one glowing eye hole at the tip of the nose? 

Edited by MaaYuu