Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Anubis Helmet. Name will change, but nearing completion.

arch111

Oh, this is awesome. Anubis is a really good fit for Nekros, given that he's supposed to be Death anyway. While I do love the detail on the latest image, my second thought was that it looks very organic. Maybe incorporate more metallic components around the snout or cheekbones? Just my personal preference.

There's an SG-1 reference in here somewhere... nope, I got nothin'.

All Nekros helmets so far look very organic. I have no problems doing more.robotic part though.

Since warframes guidelines are biotech it can look organic as long as it dont look alive, real mouth and eyes etc.

Though I do find it a bit strange that all of the tennogen in round one are hard helmets.

I'm torn. I like the different iterations for different reasons. When I look at the first to the last, I must say I favor the first the most. It looks a little more abstract vs the more literal jackal like head you've gotten to now. I think the ears and the over all shape of the head on you original just edge out the newest one a bit. I'm strange though, so that might just be me.

I can allways work the last toward the first. Thing was the first only looks good from the front.

Would you elaborate on it not looking good from other angles? I find it hard to believe with what you've done so far, not to mention how beautifully done I find that first attempt along with your latest iteration.

I can show you, the file is still there.

I think this is what I will do.

I will place the mmodels side by side so you all see.

And the v10 in a front and side view as well.

I erased the eyes, but then it felt bare. So if I do that, I need a different design I think.

For now, the eyes stay.

You could do a lot with the lacking of eyes, actually. Vertical slits at non-natural angles, a Geordi-like sci fi visor, brackets that extend past the orbitals, bundles of tubes, big bulky sci fi VR shapes (bulbous, rounded shapes work well there), clusters of optics that don't sit in the typical location or point in strange directions. I suggest throwing a 3/4 view in Photoshop and scribbling out half a dozen thumbnails, scribbling helps me a lot anyway!

Maybe something like the side hose attachments here, but coming off the sides over the eyes idk

tumblr_nw7933KpeF1udxwhio1_1280.jpg

I hope this helps!

Edited by Syncrasis

This one is actually very cool. 

I do not now whether I have a right to give suggestions, but maybe you can play with location of elements and not forms? I mean those little holes actually look like eyes and in "cooperation" with this stylized er...Anubis nose, they draw a face. Or maybe you can add more such elements so our eyes don't see the face actually. Sorry if something... I hope yor project will be in 'approved' list soon :) 

This one is actually very cool.

I do not now whether I have a right to give suggestions, but maybe you can play with location of elements and not forms? I mean those little holes actually look like eyes and in "cooperation" with this stylized er...Anubis nose, they draw a face. Or maybe you can add more such elements so our eyes don't see the face actually. Sorry if something... I hope yor project will be in 'approved' list soon :)

Yes, I have thought of those holes too. If the eyes are gone, either replaced by a plate or some panels, the holes imply there are eyes there.

As long as I don't go full on hard metal helmet and retain some biotech, I will be happy.

Ah, those holes can be the openings of like turbines that travel back to the neck, maby connected with some wires there.

Hmm.

It might help in designing if you do a rough polypaint on top.  This would help out with how you're going to separate the forms and materials with your tinting, but also it helps you see where you're going to place your emissives.  Then just toggle it on and off when sculpting. That way you're not concentrating on the the lack of eyes, because the emissives will become a focal point that would usually be for the eyes as that's what we usually focus on in a person's face.

I will probably change how the whole faceplate looks. The snout is up for debate.

I can make it shorter, wider, longer, taller.

The eyes can be erased, replaced or moved.

The ears can be smaller, wider, tilted or changed alltogether.

I am thinking about taking the 6 tendrils running up into the helmet and let them visibly continue to the mouth, ears and the mortis-point.

Allso the ears I am trying to use the hooks to make them. It will either look awesome or really bad.

I do like your art man keep it up I'm excited to have a sharp, menacing Anubis helmet for my Nekros

It might help in designing if you do a rough polypaint on top. This would help out with how you're going to separate the forms and materials with your tinting, but also it helps you see where you're going to place your emissives. Then just toggle it on and off when sculpting. That way you're not concentrating on the the lack of eyes, because the emissives will become a focal point that would usually be for the eyes as that's what we usually focus on in a person's face.

Yeah, thats a good idea. I want the hard and soft clash that Nekros displays all over his body in the helmet too.

I guess all these staring at Anubis statues and tweaking the model have made it hard to unsee the eyes :/

One thing I absolutely want the helmet to give Nekros, is a sense of dread or menace. I think for all the forms and shapes that Nekros 3 helmets have, they arent really on the evil spooky nekromancer side so much.

That's just me maby.

Yeah, thats a good idea. I want the hard and soft clash that Nekros displays all over his body in the helmet too.

I guess all these staring at Anubis statues and tweaking the model have made it hard to unsee the eyes :/

One thing I absolutely want the helmet to give Nekros, is a sense of dread or menace. I think for all the forms and shapes that Nekros 3 helmets have, they arent really on the evil spooky nekromancer side so much.

That's just me maby.

Sharp (angles too) and thin are usually the very characterisctics to describe an evil character. Well, classy evil, you know.

Ah, yes, and the horror thingies usually the ones that are inside you but keep make their way to the outside (my observation lol) I mean literally, if you want this effect, try to sketch some muscles maybe, some kind of organ (or warframe replacement for it) showing its part somewhere. I think this is absolute legit since warframes seems to be synthetic beings. 

Edited by Lucha

I think I will give the anubis helmet a visor of energy.

Where the eyes currently are, panels will go instead. The nose will either travel up into the hollow beneath the panels, or connect to the wings to make the "ears".

The visors will have sort of an eyeshape, but more like Loki has.

I am at this point unsure of soft/hard parts. I will do my best to blend them together in a final model.

I can't keep changing this or it will never get done.

I am determined to make the final helmet and finish it off now.

The eyes drove me crazy, as did the head at large. I then realized I am trying to cram to much in there. And its not working.

So I went back in there and just played with it. What happened next was I fibally got a faceplate I like and that do not look human, but biotech like it should.

I allso really want a sinister look and I think I am on the right track.

This is a bit messy since I am in the middle of reworking the whole thing, but I wanted to share it none the less.

nekros12face_by_gaber111-d9p7ov9.jpg

My only criticism would be to shorten the muzzle a bit (around less than a 1/4 or so) and add some decorations to the forehead like a small sigil, emblems, or energy highlights. As it stands it looks pretty plain.

Other than that, you've definitely nailed Nekros' theme and colors pretty spot-on.

Edited by NihilRequiem13