Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Anubis Helmet. Name will change, but nearing completion.

arch111

Iwas afraid of this. This is exactly why I want feedback from the devs. If I had known I would never done this much.

The name is the same even -_-

Their design is basically the same as mine, buy with a robot-snout.

And here we have been debating how a snout is too much and needs to be less litteral Hahah XD, see what they did? It does not get much more litteral than this.

Nah I think my proud death-god just died. Too bad really, they will never accept it now.

59 minutes ago, Melos-mevim said:

to be fair I didn't see any name for anubis and it could just as well be a set

Rebecca did write the name though.  Whater I do and whatever they call it, they are so very similar.

What I have is the organic look though, that one looks robotic.

2 hours ago, Rekkou said:

You still can save it, you can alter it into cerberus instead of anubis. Thematically, it's still relevant to Nekros while at the same time being different to Anubis.

Hmm. but not the same name. If I make a helmet for Oberon i cant just call it Bastet because I feel like it.

I have to change the name, tjough the rest is not Egytian as such, more made to fit Nekros.

Just realised you suggested another myth! Three heads. Interesting. A guardian of the underworld fit Nekros well I must admit.

Good one :)

Edited by arch111

40 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

Not really arch, Anubis as a god of death is still relevant to Nekros. Who says frames can't share cultural twists?

Oh I totally agree with you. Problem now is just what to do.

I CAN call it Seth, he was once the god of the dead and the Lord of chaos and desert drought.

In that light, the new frame should have the Seth helmet really.

15 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Rebecca did write the name though.  Whater I do and whatever they call it, they are so very similar.

What I have is the organic look though, that one looks robotic.

I been looking all over that post and I don't see where it says anubis all it says in her posts is that we can search the foundry and change match making while in squad

also Set was not a god of death just the god of deserts and storms as well as violence and foreigners

Edited by Melos-mevim

22 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Oh I totally agree with you. Problem now is just what to do.

I CAN call it Seth, he was once the god of the dead and the Lord of chaos and desert drought.

In that light, the new frame should have the Seth helmet really.

I would call it...Crocut, after Crocuta, the scientific name for Hyenas found near the sub Saharan desert, known for being carrion eaters.

Edited by Evanescent

2 minutes ago, Melos-mevim said:

I been looking all over that post and I don't see where it says anubis all it says in her posts is that we can search the foundry and change match making while in squad

also Set was not a god of death just the god of deserts and storms as well as violence and foreigners

yeah, Seth and Ra is among the oldest gods.  Seth was the god who welcomed you to the afterlife.

He was later changed into a god of chaos, desert and storms by followers of Osiris if my source is correct.

10 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

I would call it...Crocut, after Crocuta, the scientific name for Hyenas found near the sub Saharan desert, known for being carrion eaters.

How about call it the Carrion helmet?

As a Nekros main, I would say that this helmet looks amazing, and I feel that it is different enough from the one that will be going to sandframe that you can probably still make it and get it approved in tennogen, however, I do quite love the suggestion made by someone a little earlier that you could go Cerberus on it.

1 hour ago, knightsofsanghelios said:

As a Nekros main, I would say that this helmet looks amazing, and I feel that it is different enough from the one that will be going to sandframe that you can probably still make it and get it approved in tennogen, however, I do quite love the suggestion made by someone a little earlier that you could go Cerberus on it.

Kerberus is cool, the three heads gives me headaches though.

I think Seth is more fitting and allso connects to Anubis, and any future skins or weapons I make for other warframes.

Ok. so the work continues :)

1 minute ago, MrDar1o said:

Or maybe your design is basically the same as their? They said they have few Warframes WIP a long time ago (in Warframe world). 

well sure. I have no way of knowing how long the idea of an egyptian warframe has been brewing.

That said,  they are pretty fast and I think that this warframe was pretty quick in terms of design and modelling, especially compared to frames like Wukong and Ivara.

All I am saying is that I had no way of knowing, and no reason to suspect that Anubis was even in the cards.

That's why I was so dissapointed when it collided full speed with mine.

You really ought to stop thinking about all the technicalities and retopo this guy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen you take a sculpted piece to low poly, fully textured completion. Sculpting is really important yeah but the other steps are pretty technical and take a ton of time to master. You've got a perfectly good high poly ready to use. Damn son it's really important to practice, TennoGen or not! No failures, only experience!

2 minutes ago, Syncrasis said:

You really ought to stop thinking about all the technicalities and retopo this guy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen you take a sculpted piece to low poly, fully textured completion. Sculpting is really important yeah but the other steps are pretty technical and take a ton of time to master. You've got a perfectly good high poly ready to use. Damn son it's really important to practice, TennoGen or not! No failures, only experience!

:) Yeah you are absolutely right. That is a whole different part of asset-creation that I very much want to learn properly.

I have done plenty lowpoly work and basic texturing, but not all maps and not to the level of completion and standard that this is.

In other words, yes I will complete it and stop overthinking it. I am allmost there anyway and I AM here to learn and to improve. Thats my lifelong quest and ambition.

On 3/1/2016 at 0:32 AM, Leahzar said:

I have some bad news @arch111 ...

https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/704437516066230273

It seems Inaros (name confirmed?) has an Anubis themed alt helmet. (it doesn't look nearly as good as yours, though) so I don't know if they'd allow a similarly themed helmet for another frame. Maybe you can hold onto this design to be a possible alt helmet for Inaros? It's different enough from the current design to still be considered imo.

I don't know man... I'd hate for all your work to go to waste :(

One. these 2 helmets ahve completely different styles.

Two. Inaros's alt helm looks like a bug, not a dog.

Three. this alt helmet works too well with Nekros. I say submit the helmet as it. decide if it needs a name change after we know what the new alt helmet is actually called.

4 minutes ago, TheFatDrake said:

One. these 2 helmets ahve completely different styles.

Two. Inaros's alt helm looks like a bug, not a dog.

Three. this alt helmet works too well with Nekros. I say submit the helmet as it. decide if it needs a name change after we know what the new alt helmet is actually called.

Sounds like a plan.

I can see the alt helm Mynki did for what it is; many contempory sources of inspiration.  From Stargate to Mechas to any number of artwork around the web.

It allso has his trademark weirdness with the hard shapes and ugly/cool look that every design after Zephyr have in some degree.

I was of course designing for Nekros, not a brand new warframe,  so the styles are very different. 

To sum up: I will finish it and let the devs get back to me in round 3.

46 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i still think this can work just as inaros is anubis 

make this Anubys helm for necros 

or seth , submit it and see what happens , its so well worked on i think DE will see the eoffrt and time 

also make it an tenno gen inaros helm JACKAL ?

the heads of both are so alike its crazy 

I will finish it. I think it will look awesome in motion and properly integrated with Nekros' s body.

Carrion is really growing on me as a name; looting the dead is bonedaddys main function for alot of tenno out there.

Seth is cool too.