The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Question About Log-In Reward Blueprints

Katinka

Question

Hi,

After getting a Skana Blueprint today, do I have to have a built Skana to prevent that or is it enough to just own the blueprint?  I don't really want to build it since I have a Prisma Skana and Skana Prime and have taken a plain Skana to rank 30 already.

12 answers to this question

You could just sell the blueprint if you don't want to build it. The log-in rewards are randomly generated, so it doesn't really matter if you already have a Skana beforehand.

But if I can prevent myself from getting what effectively amounts to 2500 credits to add to my 22 million then I might increase my chances of getting something useful such as a Syndicate token or affinity booster (depending on how the rewards replace items you don't get due to not needing).

As of an earlier update to the system, it does consider the blueprint the same as the final item (since the login system doesn't give components) and holding onto the blueprint will prevent you from getting it again.

Cheers, that's what I wanted to hear.  I'll keep the blueprint so I never get it again!

Why would you want to do that? Rare resources are always useful, especially Gallium. There's a few Clan tech weapons that take quite a bit of Gallium to research, like the Convectrix.

With the higher mastery figured the system would of known especially with the 100%? Increase although I do undertand its rng ha

Rare resources are always useful, especially Gallium.

I never really considered Gallium to be that rare or that in demand.  There are a few things that need quite a bit but I've always had far more available to me and never needed to try to find more of it.  I currently have 1281 so I'm sure I'd cope just fine with not getting any more as log-in rewards for a while.  Admittedly though there is very little I really need more of bar certain specific Void Keys that I am low on and Affinity Boosters for faster Focus gain.

Why would you want to do that? Rare resources are always useful, especially Gallium. There's a few Clan tech weapons that take quite a bit of Gallium to research, like the Convectrix. 

At a certain point, you just don't need it as a log in reward anymore. I've got all the clantech weapons, and am currently sitting on top of buttload of gallium. I also am able to easily farm gallium, so getting one from a login reward isn't exactly helpful. At higher MR, it would be nice if it paid a liiiiittle more attention to what is and isn't useful to you. I don't mind it, its just something I get for free every day. And I haven't gotten gallium or other resources often enough to complain about it. But, if they wanted to make some improvement tweaks, bypassing certain resources you already have a large stockpile of would be a nice one.

At the point I am at in the game, the things I would be most pleased to receive as a reward ( lots of which are already on the drop table): Gorgon BP ( still never got it ), Machete BP, T3-4 keys, R5 Cores ( at least a stack of 5, getting one at a time is kind of a wet towel ), Boosters, Nitain, Tellurium, Neural Sensors, Neurodes, Plat Discounts, a large pile of Nano Spores or Polymer Bundles ( not the greatest thing, wouldn't want to see it TOO often, but they can be continually used for building Energy Restores, so I wouldn't complain about it ), Kubrow Egg, or maybe even BP for alternate warframe helmets I don't already have.

Edited by Star

At higher MR, it would be nice if it paid a liiiiittle more attention to what is and isn't useful to you.

It would be nice if it removed any rewards that are a 'drop in the ocean' and make a <0.1% difference to what I have.  Gallium or Credits might be a nice reward to some but for me, I already have over 1,000x the reward so it really doesn't make a difference.  It becomes comical when it passes 0:00 GMT and my clanmates joke about getting their 'daily Gallium' and then, sure enough, the third Gallium reward in as many days!

I also am able to easily farm gallium, so getting one from a login reward isn't exactly helpful.

You're also able to farm Tellurium (I have 34) and Neural Sensors (I have 92).  That Tellurium isn't even from farming, it's what I've picked up passively on Uranus and from login rewards (gotten it multiple times) and hasn't been used.

Login rewards should not be wholly based on what one specific player happens to need, which is what it seems a lot of the complaints are based around.  If the rewards were skewed based on ratios for each player sure that'd be nice, but also complex and we've seen more often than not that the dev ideas on ratios is suspect at best (original Oxium drop amounts).

You're also able to farm Tellurium (I have 34) and Neural Sensors (I have 92).  That Tellurium isn't even from farming, it's what I've picked up passively on Uranus and from login rewards (gotten it multiple times) and hasn't been used.

Login rewards should not be wholly based on what one specific player happens to need, which is what it seems a lot of the complaints are based around.  If the rewards were skewed based on ratios for each player sure that'd be nice, but also complex and we've seen more often than not that the dev ideas on ratios is suspect at best (original Oxium drop amounts).

Well of course, but Tellurium doesn't drop as frequently as Gallium does. I'm sitting on a few hundred Gallium vs about 20 Tellurium, so I wouldn't complain if I got one. I still have Archwing things to build, but once I am done with those I won't need it anymore until they release something new that requires it. TBH, there isn't many resources I actually NEED that badly, and if I wanted to be really picky I wouldn't want them in the drop table at all. Currently, I am MR20 and at this point, there isn't a lot I need to build. But, I know others need them, so I wouldn't want to dis-include them entirely.

Why shouldn't it be based on one specific player happens to need? It could be set up in a way to detect what you've got going on in your inventory, and drop accordingly. If you have the Skana or Sakana blueprint already, it doesn't drop the Skana. If you have 100 Gallium and only 20 Tellurium, I don't see a problem with it choosing to drop you a Tellurium instead.

Why shouldn't it be based on one specific player happens to need?

- Because if everybody else's rewards were based on YOUR needs, that'd be bad.

- Versus the second thing I said with different wording, which was everybody's login rewards being based on their own inventories, instead of the inventories of one complaining player.

Go make some charts and numbers on how this could work and suggest it.  Be detailed in the calculations too.