The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I Upgrade My Cpu Or The Whole Computer?

omelly

Question

hello tenno,

basically the game runs pretty much smooth for the most part 25-40 fps (i knows this must hurt your eyes) i only really notice when things get really crazy the game seems to take a bit of a dive bomb around 20 or below, should i invest in a new cpu? i have herd that warframe is more of a cpu based game and it seems like the only thing holding me back at the moment or should i upgrade every thing (basically new computer)  or just one or two items ?
CPU
Motherbord
video card
o0xea8.png

6 answers to this question

I would say switch to 8/8.1/10 for the significant performance gains there. 7 is better than Vista, but it is still way heavier than the newer releases.

Remember to do a clean install. Never 'upgrade' an old install.

If things aren't running satisfactorily after doing so I would then upgrade parts. Both CPU and GPU are good candidates for upgrading in your hardware. Your RAM is probably enough for games, so that's fine.

you could build an upgraded machine yourself quite cheaply

esp if you can recycle the current case, powersupply, memory, graphics card, and drive

just find a suitable board and cpu that is budget but better than what u have now and source a sweet second hand or cheap but decent gpu if needed

or save up for later and a get a completely new uptodate rig and keep this one as a gimp rig without investing more into it 

I think you may need tp upgrade the whole thing, apart from Win 7 because that OS is freakin' beautiful!

yeah, i was thinking bout windows 10, but it looks different

what kinda budget we talking about?

this kind adwords-budget-management.gif

I would say switch to 8/8.1/10 for the significant performance gains there. 7 is better than Vista, but it is still way heavier than the newer releases.

Remember to do a clean install. Never 'upgrade' an old install.

If things aren't running satisfactorily after doing so I would then upgrade parts. Both CPU and GPU are good candidates for upgrading in your hardware. Your RAM is probably enough for games, so that's fine.

hmm thanks for the tip. i was thinking about getting 10 at some point it seems different..but nice i was thinking if both would of been a good option but i was mostly focus on the cpu, but i will definitely take a look into the gpu as well

your ram looks fine but cpu and gpu look a bit outdated to a point

if your budget is decent enough it shouldnt be a problem to replace those

yeah, i was kinda hopein that the gpu wouldn't be a problem seems like every one is sayin both

you could build an upgraded machine yourself quite cheaply

esp if you can recycle the current case, powersupply, memory, graphics card, and drive

just find a suitable board and cpu that is budget but better than what u have now and source a sweet second hand or cheap but decent gpu if needed

or save up for later and a get a completely new uptodate rig and keep this one as a gimp rig without investing more into it 

thanks for the tip, i put this one together before its got me thur crysis (fun times) but wondering if just a cpu upgrade could "fix" warframe but it seems its for the better if i do both cpu and gpu

very tempting to just say screw it and just make one from top to bottom

Edited by omelly