Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Clan Wars.

boyhair

So basically most users already know what this is, either dislike it, or like it. I think there should be a type of request to raid a group. They won't have to balance warframes,  because most groups already have all types of warframes in their group. So lest say clan A wants to battle clan B, I think the best solution for clan B is that clan A has to send a message/request/etc to clan B so that they can either back down, and lose nothing, or accept and have one more option, either to let the winner take some of the other clans supplies, or a peaceful/recreational battle. Each war will take place on a large ship with grineer, and corpus tile sets and each team may only have 2 more people fighting then the other team, this will help with balancing wars/battles. There will be a 10 second countdown to let both sides to get to spots, get ammo, basically set up. After that each side will fight in the same way that grineer vs tenno works.

Sorry, but duels is all you'll get in this game.

For now.

Dueling is as far as it'll come for the time being because DE has decided to focus on finishing the meat of the game, which is the Co-Op dungeon crawler, before expanding to something that isn't part of the original focus.

If you read the article, it says something about warframes not being needed to be nerfed for balance.

What does that have to do with nerfing? the whole thing needs a proper plan. What about the host. What about the fighting ground.

What about the exploits that can happen because of something like this. All this needs time. Time that could be used for other content.

How were you exactly planning to host 3000 vs. 3000 games and really, what is the point? You get materials for sure but in the end the fights would be boring since everyone has at least one maxed Frame, Primary, Secondary and Melee so it would all come down to luck within chaos.

Also what Venarge said, why to waste resources, time and focus on this when you could just make the PvE aspect, the real aspect of the game awesome. If you want PvP go join some MMORPG or MMOFPS, WoW or PS 2 comes to my mind of both of those categories.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

What does that have to do with nerfing? the whole thing needs a proper plan. What about the host. What about the fighting ground.

What about the exploits that can happen because of something like this. All this needs time. Time that could be used for other content.

Okay, so I will mention the host first. If this game actually bothered to do this, it wouldn't be much of a financial blow to host a dedicated server, or for this to be a premium option for clan leaders.

Exploits now: Okay, you see a person exploiting this feature, which there are barely any exploits I could think of, you can simple give them this item called a ban if caught by a moderator, or a kick/ban if found in-game by a owner, saying that they give clan dojos/co-op games to have this feature.

Nerfing: Mmk, People are complaing about balancing, which almost 99% of nerfing (Not literal) So I simply said that in the article it explains the need to not have to nerf, or in some cases buff anything.

How were you exactly planning to host 3000 vs. 3000 games and really, what is the point? You get materials for sure but in the end the fights would be boring since everyone has at least one maxed Frame, Primary, Secondary and Melee so it would all come down to luck within chaos.

Also what Venarge said, why to waste resources, time and focus on this when you could just make the PvE aspect, the real aspect of the game awesome. If you want PvP go join some MMORPG or MMOFPS, WoW or PS 2 comes to my mind of both of those categories.

3000 vs 3000?

Read my latest post. It will tell you how hosting could go down.

So for the actual fighting part, when you were a  noob, fighting Captain Vor. he was basically your power, so I would think that most people enjoy fighting their equal matches, and this is such an amazing feature in other games with the same problems, yet they not need to nerf/buff many things. This is why this system would probably work pretty well.

Okay, so I will mention the host first. If this game actually bothered to do this, it wouldn't be much of a financial blow to host a dedicated server, or for this to be a premium option for clan leaders.

Exploits now: Okay, you see a person exploiting this feature, which there are barely any exploits I could think of, you can simple give them this item called a ban if caught by a moderator, or a kick/ban if found in-game by a owner, saying that they give clan dojos/co-op games to have this feature.

Nerfing: Mmk, People are complaing about balancing, which almost 99% of nerfing (Not literal) So I simply said that in the article it explains the need to not have to nerf, or in some cases buff anything.

Why should they pay money for something that isnt even meant to be a huge part of the game? PVP is and never will be a core part. But well. Maybe they will add something challenge like that does not implement further extra cost for them...

Exploits... You talked about that the winner would get something. What is stopping you from making chats with the dueling clan and ask them to loose because you need XYZ. There is no moderator that could check something like this. Make it look like you lost a good fight and trade stuff. Exploit created.

TLDR, nope, the best thing they could come up with could be a squad war with 2 teams trying to take over a station where in it there is some kind of ancient artifact, the first squad to grab it has some time (maybe 5 minutes) to hold unto it and defend it. Kind like the mobile defense missions.

Why should they pay money for something that isnt even meant to be a huge part of the game? PVP is and never will be a core part. But well. Maybe they will add something challenge like that does not implement further extra cost for them...

Exploits... You talked about that the winner would get something. What is stopping you from making chats with the dueling clan and ask them to loose because you need XYZ. There is no moderator that could check something like this. Make it look like you lost a good fight and trade stuff. Exploit created.

Do you not notice the new trading system coming? Also, it would be random on what they get. I don't see this as a major exploit either. Just trading items, really.

You talk about PvP not being a big part of the game, so what? People love PvP, people will pay money to fight against ai units, so I think large clan owners could use this as a huge tactic for clan overall fun, and recruiting.

TLDR, nope, the best thing they could come up with could be a squad war with 2 teams trying to take over a station where in it there is some kind of ancient artifact, the first squad to grab it has some time (maybe 5 minutes) to hold unto it and defend it. Kind like the mobile defense missions.

That would be perfect? I did not say anything about the size, or the actual overall joy of the missions, they will obviously have to improve that one day, so I don't see your point.

For now.

Dueling is as far as it'll come for the time being because DE has decided to focus on finishing the meat of the game, which is the Co-Op dungeon crawler, before expanding to something that isn't part of the original focus.

I actually just saw your post, thank you for that.

Could help me abit. :P

Well since you seem to have money like world has crap, why don't you fund it for them and for free. This way you could get what you want.

That would be perfect? I did not say anything about the size, or the actual overall joy of the missions, they will obviously have to improve that one day, so I don't see your point.

I was just giving an example of ways that could match what you are trying to say by clan wars, I despise clan wars because it would force all the members of the clan to engage all the members of the other clan, why if some members are not interested in PVP why would you force them to do so?

I used to play another game where there was a type of clan wars and many players will DC for 3 whole days because they were not interested in been part of it, why do you want to deprive the players the enjoyment of playing the game the way the game WAS INTENDED IN FIRST PLACE,  "PLAIN PVE"

Edited by Kantazo

Well since you seem to have money like world has crap, why don't you fund it for them and for free. This way you could get what you want.

Some people are quite ignorant I would say, most virtual servers aren't that pricey? I never said anything about me being rich, or anything of that sort. I have even said the company could spend a little of this founder money on these cheap servers?

Why are you so mad at the fact of this? 

I was just giving an example of ways that could match what you are trying to say by clan wars, I despise clan wars because it would force all the members of the clan to engage all the members of the other clan, why if some members are not interested in PVP why would you force them to do so?

I used to play another game where there was a type of clan wars and many players will DC for 3 whole days because they were not interested in been part of it, why do you want to deprive the players the enjoyment of playing the game the way the game WAS INTENDED IN FIRST PLACE,  "PLAIN PVE"

These fights would be completely optional, and warframe could also make a new type of clan, simply called the warclan, which is pretty much self-explainable.

Some people are quite ignorant I would say, most virtual servers aren't that pricey? I never said anything about me being rich, or anything of that sort. I have even said the company could spend a little of this founder money on these cheap servers?

sry saw your other post

Edited by Kantazo

I meant to say that by making it optional is not really a clan war but maybe a squad war or squads war, my idea of squads from different clans fighting for control of one of the stations or a Grineer ship could be awesome.

Oh but it is so easy to just say oh it doesn't cost much but it actually does cost a lot of money, depending the amount of people and some other factors but let's assume that hosting 32 players will cost 100$ per month (the average cost), now we have roughly 16000 active daily players.

Let's do the math:

16000/32=500

500x100=50000$/every month.

This is just example of costs and not actual data.

Now on the top of that there is actual development costs (later likely balancing too) generated by the extra work they have to do in the games life spam and we get a lot more money poured onto a thing that evidently serves a little purpose to the game. Hmh... what an earth could you do with that kind of money for this game other than this? Let me think real hard... Oh I know, A LOT.