The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About The Naramon Lens...

BabyBomi

Question

I just completed the second dream quest and I got a naramon lens.

I have excalibur, rhino, frost prime and loki prime. Which frame should I put it on? And is 1 lens enough? Or should I aim to get more lens?

I'm also still not quite sure on all the focus ability stuff, could someone please explain it to me? 

11 answers to this question

The whole focus system is really bugged atm and is getting overhauled and reworked. How it's supposed to work is that all affinity gained on a frame or weapon with a lens is translated to focus points, all affinity earned, whether it's from an ally getting a kill, or from a simple spy mission being done flawlessly is supposed to be added into that amount. How it's working now is that the only affinity being turned into focus are the kills you make. If you put a lens on an Orthos, but you get all the kills with your soma, you won't get focus at all, but if you go into an exterminate, and only get kills with your Orthos you get all the affinity going towards focus (well not all, but a % based on type of lens).

If your intention is to grind focus to rank up your ability, then you need to get a lens on your most used frame, and most used weapon and go solo. O say solo because you only get credit for your kills, not anyone a teammate makes.

Easiest way I've heard for grinding focus

Put a lens on Loki and a meeee weapon

Farm exterminated on any high level node

Get as many stealth kills as you can

A regular lens is a 5% affinity - focus conversion while a greater lens is a 7% affinity - focus conversion

I put a Naramon on my Loki Prime. Stealth kill chain affinity works great. One Naramon branch also gives +Affinity from melee kills, which also seems to help farming points for me.

IMO, Loki or melee frame like Excalibur or Valkyr would benefit greatly from Naramon.

Putting a Lens on Excalibur/Valkyr isn't the best idea at the moment. Exalted Blade and Hysteria are bugged, where they are counting as a unique melee weapon, and not a pen ability, and not your equipped melee weapon. So kills while using either of them isn't apawarding the proper amount of focus. Loki/Ash/Ivara seem to be the most common stealth frames to put lenses on.

I just completed the second dream quest and I got a naramon lens.

I have excalibur, rhino, frost prime and loki prime. Which frame should I put it on? And is 1 lens enough? Or should I aim to get more lens?

I'm also still not quite sure on all the focus ability stuff, could someone please explain it to me? 

I unlocked everything with throwaway weapons (Tonbo, Silva and Aegis, etc) after getting lenses from sorties (or trading Karak Wraith Receivers for them), then looked at what the various Focus schools had to offer.  I liked what Naramon had, so I shelled out 80 plat on a greater lens for Loki Prime and Orthos Prime.  Stealthing it is definitely the way to go - deception and spy missions all the way.

I unlocked everything with throwaway weapons (Tonbo, Silva and Aegis, etc) after getting lenses from sorties (or trading Karak Wraith Receivers for them), then looked at what the various Focus schools had to offer. I liked what Naramon had, so I shelled out 80 plat on a greater lens for Loki Prime and Orthos Prime. Stealthing it is definitely the way to go - deception and spy missions all the way.

Just wondering, why Orthos prime? Because of its range? And yeah I already put my lens on my frost..... Because no one replied before, I regret it so much. 2-3 days of farming and I have 20k focus points.

Yep, mostly range.  Full version, for three reasons - the obvious one, you can one shot a stupid amount of stuff with one swipe, and two, I suck at doing stealth attacks that aren't finishers.  The extra range makes it really easy to only do a finisher when I want to.  Finally, sentimental value.  First melee weapon I fell in love with, and I wanted an excuse to use it again.  

Don't regret it too much - Steve's said they're fixing that.  I certainly wouldn't consider it wasted.  That being said, I don't know how much 80p is to you, but it might be more time effective to farm up 80p and then affix a greater lens to the stealth frame and weapon of your choice.  You'll be gaining focus just shy of 3 times as much (14/5ths), while facilitating far faster affinity gain.  Personally at least, it's been extremely worth it, especially as I've never completed a raid, so Arcane Trickery is a thing I don't have.

Orthos Prime is still one of the best melee weapons in the game. With very little effort it can wipe out enemies many levels above what you normally play against.

And Cwellann is right, of you have the plat getting a greater lens is worth it. (I thought about getting one on Loki Prime and another one for the Sheev Dagger with Covert Lethality) if you don't want to spend 80p on greater lenses, you can get normal ones in trade chat (usually 5-10p) or try your luck at the Sortie and hope for a lens you need